• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review of ZZF New Sub 116610 LN and Comparison vs. Gen, ARF, Noob and Nail (PART II)

Keniath

16/9/16
Upper Austria, Linz
so from what it seems clean factory is supplying their inserts to ZZF?
is that correct?
i want to change my ARF insert for a CF one as i knocked my lume pip off but cant seem to find one . puretime doesnt have them listed anymore

NewMoney

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/6/17
The Laser Etched Crown @ 6 on the crystal looks hazy on the genuine. This is because the dots are etched with different depths. Only when you look at the crystal from a very specific perspective should you be able to see the laser etchings of different depths come together to make a very clear outline of the crown. you shouldn’t be able to see it from any perspective.

It’s a very subtle, and merely having LEC that looks like a perfect crown from all perspectives can be a tell.

FirNaTine23

26/1/20
Can someone confirm that the ARF bracelet will fit on the ZZF V2 case? I read Li’s great comparison and he mentioned both the ARF and ZZF can fit on a gen case, but can they fit on each other’s case? ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: denverbass79

FirNaTine23

26/1/20
Can someone confirm that the ARF bracelet will fit on the ZZF V2 case? I read Li’s great comparison and he mentioned both the ARF and ZZF can fit on a gen case, but can they fit on each other’s case? ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nonox

30/3/12
Yes arf bracelet will fit on zzf case but for my experience, zzf SEL was better.

jamilton

3/6/14
Germany
hi, the position of the crown depends then on the movement? I mean 2836 wrong position and 3135 right?

thanks

jamilton

3/6/14
Germany
hi, the position of the crown depends then on the movement? I mean 2836 wrong position and 3135 right?

thanks

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

thanks

Correct. These pics show it pretty well. The gen has a 3185 (base 3135). The BP has a 2836. Even so, its a deviation that has never kept me from enjoying my 2836 reps as the movement is cheap, parts are readily available, and it is easy to repair.

Gen-BP-26-Medium.jpg

Gen-BP-7-Medium.jpg

Reactions: jamilton

jamilton

3/6/14
Germany
Thanks a lot for your response. i have decided to go for the ZZF but now struggling about getting the 3135 or 2836. I See also That there is a V2 Release from January and / but It goes with 3135

Is it much more expensive to service?

And how normally arrive these pieces? Serviced or that would be fantasy?

Thanks again

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thanks a lot for your response. i have decided to go for the ZZF but now struggling about getting the 3135 or 2836. I See also That there is a V2 Release from January and / but It goes with 3135

Is it much more expensive to service?

And how normally arrive these pieces? Serviced or that would be fantasy?

Thanks again

ZZF V3 is latest version. Yes 3135 is more expensive to service, but the ZZF uses the VR3135 which is the best available. I would get that one, in fact I just did - yesterday's order. Reps do not come serviced but I usually let mine run til they have a problem (controversial approach, but I service my own so it's not a big deal). I have some reps still running great after two years untouched.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...t-s-always-better-to-service-your-new-replica

jamilton

3/6/14
Germany
thanks again !

which are the main improvements between v1 and v3? I have been checking some TD sites but do not find any breakdown of the improvements.. is there any TD that shows these detail?

By the way, the curved ended strap above fits so well, where could I get it?

many thanks!

jamilton

3/6/14
Germany
thanks again !

which are the main improvements between v1 and v3? I have been checking some TD sites but do not find any breakdown of the improvements.. is there any TD that shows these detail?

By the way, the curved ended strap above fits so well, where could I get it?

many thanks!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
ZZF V3 is latest version. Yes 3135 is more expensive to service, but the ZZF uses the VR3135 which is the best available. I would get that one, in fact I just did - yesterday's order. Reps do not come serviced but I usually let mine run til they have a problem (controversial approach, but I service my own so it's not a big deal). I have some reps still running great after two years untouched.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...ur-new-replica

Good point. However if you cannot service your watch yourself you have to be prepared for the possibility that you may have to pay more than the watch cost for repairs down the line. VR3135 has come a long way but it's still a Chinese replica movement and som parts are cheap quality and may be costly to replace.

Look at this from my own vr3135 which I recently had repaired. The part that came off wasn't glued properly. It's hard to fix correctly but in this case my watch smith managed to do it.
6XR3i.jpg

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Good point. However if you cannot service your watch yourself you have to be prepared for the possibility that you may have to pay more than the watch cost for repairs down the line. VR3135 has come a long way but it's still a Chinese replica movement and som parts are cheap quality and may be costly to replace.

Look at this from my own vr3135 which I recently had repaired. The part that came off wasn't glued properly. It's hard to fix correctly but in this case my watch smith managed to do it.
6XR3i.jpg

Yeah it's always a crap shoot bro. A good plan is to just buy a spare VR3135 for about $160 and keep it on hand for replacement if needed, then use the damaged one for spare parts. This hobby is not cheap.

Reactions: xartan

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Yeah it's always a crap shoot bro. A good plan is to just buy a spare VR3135 for about $160 and keep it on hand for replacement if needed, then use the damaged one for spare parts. This hobby is not cheap.

Yeah sounds like a plan. You just gotta hope the same part is not faulty in both of them :D. Using gen parts quickly make repair prices skyrocket.

Reactions: KJ2020