• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Question on Spongebob Insert

VaderTime

9/10/17
Send the watch to Vac a week ago, can't wait to see the final results!!

Question. What benefits will "brushing" give the watch? To shine Gen like?

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Send the watch to Vac a week ago, can't wait to see the final results!!

Question. What benefits will "brushing" give the watch? To shine Gen like?

yup..but id pass..brushing makes it look over polish in my eyes

Last edited:

VaderTime

9/10/17
Got an update from Vac that I need a new Stem for the new version sa3135. Will a gen stem fit this new version sa3135 "AS3135"?

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Got an update from Vac that I need a new Stem for the new version sa3135. Will a gen stem fit this new version sa3135 "AS3135"?

Nope...you need to get a hold of your dealer or maybe vac can mod one for you.

VaderTime

9/10/17
Got the watch back from Vac and took a few pics. Overall, the watch looks amazing! Gen parts are night and day difference compare to reps. This is really persuading me to go on that waiting list for a Gen hulk!

The insert came back still sunken, so I added double sided tape per vvvlllooo.

The bezel is is too tight, so I pressed down the retaining ring some more, now it won’t move at all lol. So, I removed the retaining ring and pressed it almost to the bottle of the case with a little gap and the bezel is rotating normally, anyone know why is that?

Also, per Vac the Gen Stem worked well with this new noob SA/AS movement lol.

CA65-C5-FD-DFAE-40-DC-B71-D-30-A57-D31-EFCC.jpg

17-D604-F1-2-A05-4-DFB-A97-F-98224-FCBA49-C.jpg

8-BECE3-F3-0-EF2-49-EF-A23-B-C73-A8-BAFB333.jpg

60-D63687-A411-4-E98-B566-DBC754067-A8-F.jpg

65077567-BB63-4201-94-C1-EE2-A33311220.jpg

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Looks real nice bro. Regarding the bezel, when you say you pressed the retaining ring down are you talking about the crystal retaining ring? That should be flush against the case. Check the orientation of your bezel gasket. Noob gaskets have a stairstep profile on the inside edge. The "bottom step" goes down, toward the case.

VaderTime

9/10/17
KJ2020 thanks man! Yes the metal crystal retaining ring. When I press that down flush with the case, the bezel is stuck, unmovable. The white crystal gasket should be Gen (came blistered with the crystal). That’s why I didn’t understand, because the bezel, retaining ring, white gasket are all Gen.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
KJ2020 thanks man! Yes the metal crystal retaining ring. When I press that down flush with the case, the bezel is stuck, unmovable. The white crystal gasket should be Gen (came blistered with the crystal). That’s why I didn’t understand, because the bezel, retaining ring, white gasket are all Gen.

OK I forgot all your crystal and bezel parts are gen. So there has to be a compatibility issue between your Noob case and the gen crystal retaining ring. If the crystal retaining ring will stay in a position that allows the bezel to rotate I guess you can just leave it there. I would probably be inclined to find another short height gasket to put underneath it and press the ring down onto the gasket. Basically make the retaining ring a little taller.

VaderTime

9/10/17
OK I forgot all your crystal and bezel parts are gen. So there has to be a compatibility issue between your Noob case and the gen crystal retaining ring. If the crystal retaining ring will stay in a position that allows the bezel to rotate I guess you can just leave it there. I would probably be inclined to find another short height gasket to put underneath it and press the ring down onto the gasket. Basically make the retaining ring a little taller.

I just tried it again. After taking off the bezel I realized the crystal retaining ring is stuck on the inside of the bezel and I can't remove it, because I glued the insert on pretty good lol

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I just tried it again. After taking off the bezel I realized the crystal retaining ring is stuck on the inside of the bezel and I can't remove it, because I glued the insert on pretty good lol

So is the crystal retaining ring glued to the bezel? That's not good. If it were mine I would attempt to unglue it. What about the bezel gasket, it it glued also? Acetone (Goof off or nail polish remover) will dissolve glue and won't hurt the SS or the ceramic but I wouldn't let it get on the marker cutouts (tape over them with non-porous tape). Acetone also won't dissolve Teflon (PTFE) or nylon but IDK for certain what material the bezel gasket is made from, it should be one or the other of these.

What kind of glue? Acetone works faster on superglue than epoxy. Keep a jar handy with isopropyl alcohol in it and plenty of cotton swabs for rinsing and wear gloves! Well ventilated area, etc.

VaderTime

9/10/17
So is the crystal retaining ring glued to the bezel? That's not good. If it were mine I would attempt to unglue it. What about the bezel gasket, it it glued also? Acetone (Goof off or nail polish remover) will dissolve glue and won't hurt the SS or the ceramic but I wouldn't let it get on the marker cutouts (tape over them with non-porous tape). Acetone also won't dissolve Teflon (PTFE) or nylon but IDK for certain what material the bezel gasket is made from, it should be one or the other of these.

What kind of glue? Acetone works faster on superglue than epoxy. Keep a jar handy with isopropyl alcohol in it and plenty of cotton swabs for rinsing and wear gloves! Well ventilated area, etc.

no, the insert is glued to the bezel. the crystal retaining ring is stuck on the bezel but rotating freely lol

The insert is glued to the bezel, so I can't push the crystal retaining ring out upwards, because the insert is blocking it, and I can't get enough force to pry the crystal retaining ring down.

Similar to this,
V0gX0A.jpg

VaderTime

9/10/17
Are you sure that's the crystal retaining ring stuck inside your bezel? You had the pieces apart when you first pressed it down to the case? Have a look at this post.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...ert-retainer-ring-in-between-insert-and-bezel

Yes, the crystal retaining ring, not the ring below the insert like the Gen assembly.
The crystal retaining ring is stuck on the inner circle of the bezel assembly, instead of clamped down on the crystal. I’ll have to get a better pics later lol

VaderTime

9/10/17
1399622-C-FB7-B-47-A6-9-CC7-02-AB9-D53-AD29.jpg

69-F042-CE-0-B81-402-D-A9-F1-E0-CE4-BE49-A7-A.jpg

KJ2020
I think the pics explain it better lol
Im assuming that when I remove the bezel, the metal crystal retaining ring should be bind with the nylon and crystal portion and not on the bezel side like mine in the pics. So, I’m trying to figure out a way to remove the crystal retaining ring from the bezel.
Btw, from my pics do you think the white nylon gasket is a noob and not Gen??