• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GMF CHNR Comparison to Gen CHNR

dwjpaypal

Renowned Member
Certified
24/9/10
Hi all,

I was poped into my local AD two weeks ago and put my name down on "the list" for a TT CHNR.

I was told 6 months, so I went back to my office, and as any good RWI does, contacted my TD and asked him to send me over a rep to tide me over until my gen arrived.

Low and behold the next day (after paying my TD and ordering), I get a call from the AD, saying they had got me one in stock (I've bought a few watches from them before so good relationship), and I went and picked it up after the weekend.

Today my rep GMF arrived, and I was able to take a couple of comparison shots- as I know this is a model a few people are interested in thought it might be useful.

Please bear in mind that the TT version is the gen, whilst the FG model is the rep.

In summary, the rep is fantastic. Its an amazing watch and side by side there really isn't anything in it. It's when you take the watch off you can tell the difference, especially in the weight. Even with the gen only being TT, it's still heavier by a fair amount. The finishing is obviously slightly better, but on the wrist, I really don't know if I'd be able to call it out!

Anyway, onto the pics, hope you enjoy.... oh and shameless plug- it goes without saying that the FG will be up for sale soon in the for sale section!

IMG-2262.jpg

IMG-2264.jpg

IMG-2266.jpg

IMG-2268.jpg

IMG-2269.jpg

IMG-2270.jpg

IMG-2271.jpg

IMG-2272.jpg

IMG-2273.jpg

IMG-2274.jpg

IMG-2275.jpg

IMG-2276.jpg

IMG-2277.jpg

IMG-2278.jpg

Thanks

Dave

Last edited:

dwjpaypal

Renowned Member
Certified
24/9/10
Please let me know if you want any specific shots as I know a couple of you are just a little bit picky.... ;-)

nikefit

Known Member
16/1/12
Wow thanks! Can you take some pics in daylight?

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Beautiful gen, thanks for sharing.

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Take some outdoor pics of the bezel insert side to side, also how does the Rose gold compare to the gen TT?

Beautiful piece by the way, my AD has yet to deliver on mine.

Silverg

I'm Pretty Popular
8/11/08
Us
Thanks for these shots! The 2 flaws that no factory can ever get right on any of the sports model (sub and gmt) is the end link gap between the lugs and bracelet. While it is a tight fit, the gap is never perfect and is something that irks me. I think only VRF ever got this right.
The other annoying flaw is the cyclops. The can never get the AR cyclops right. Can be easily fixed with just getting a gen crystal, but I feel like the factories should be able to do this.

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
Thanks for these shots! The 2 flaws that no factory can ever get right on any of the sports model (sub and gmt) is the end link gap between the lugs and bracelet. While it is a tight fit, the gap is never perfect and is something that irks me. I think only VRF ever got this right.
The other annoying flaw is the cyclops. The can never get the AR cyclops right. Can be easily fixed with just getting a gen crystal, but I feel like the factories should be able to do this.

Another major, glaring flaw for me is the ICHS handstack.
Lately, with all these new GMT Master models that are released from various factories, none of them has CHS handstack.

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
Also, congratulations to getting the gen CHNR!

I heard that the waitlist from where I am (Hong Kong) is 2 years.

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
How is the bezel operation? Does the rep feel like gen to operate?