• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review of ZZF New Sub 116610 LN and Comparison vs. Gen, ARF, Noob and Nail (PART I)

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Woah, that looks bad. Is this not a ceramic dial, and therefore, would it not require a significant impact to shatter/crack it? Quite surprised to see this kind of crack. And you mentioned that you are not aware of any significant impact, right? Wonder how this kind of a crack would develop then.

Its the standard CF ceramic insert that ZZF comes with.

I have no idea I think its manufacturing defect as I did not hit it against anything as far as I'm aware of just a regular day at the beach and the shape of it is also strange.

But its not that bad in most lightning conditions you won't see it at all and these are also blown up pics. Probably gonna sell the watch as is.

darby g

Renowned Member
23/2/15
Been out of the rep game for a while now, pretty impressed by these modern sub reps!

Reactions: d3s19n

germanherman

Horology Curious
28/10/19
Germany

I have no idea I think its manufacturing defect as I did not hit it against anything as far as I'm aware of just a regular day at the beach and the shape of it is also strange.

But its not that bad in most lightning conditions you won't see it at all and these are also blown up pics. Probably gonna sell the watch as is.

Well the production of ceramic materials isn't super forgivable and tensions inside the final product may remain hidden for some time before an actually minor bump releases the stored energy.

Tbh this dosnt realy looks like a typical ceramic fracture though, like an indenture... Which would bei extremly odd since it's almost impossible to put a dent in ceramic.

I would put my money on a production error.

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Well the production of ceramic materials isn't super forgivable and tensions inside the final product may remain hidden for some time before an actually minor bump releases the stored energy.

Tbh this dosnt realy looks like a typical ceramic fracture though, like an indenture... Which would bei extremly odd since it's almost impossible to put a dent in ceramic.

I would put my money on a production error.

Thanks and yes I've been thinking the same as well. It looks so weird like a dent not seen anything like this before usually they crack fully from one side to another if they get hit hard and not like a dent. Seems like some tension has released in that area and thus a indenture like fracture has evolved.

I might check with Li and ask him to check with ZZF/CF maybe they confirm and are able to send a spare insert.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17

It looks like a stress fracture / shell.

Sometimes a hot / cold change can cause a fracture to happen in a stressed material. Never seen it on a bezel though.

Reactions: Kalev007

mlk2000m0

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/5/20
The no date is closer to gen, but then again even the gen date window crystal has that distinctive blue hue. Even gens aren't perfect!

spikeyjac

Looking Around
7/5/16
I’ve also been out of the game for a while, but thanks for the reviews/comparisons! Definitely making me reconsider my position

Bebew 78

28/4/20
Best combo it's what ?
ZZF Dial
ZZF hands
ZZF dw
VR3135
ARF case
ARF bracelet
ARF bezel
ARF insert
ARF or ZZF crown ?
Correct me if I say a mistake (no troll i know gen is the best)

Elviscocho

Supporter
Certified
24/8/16
Best combo it's what ?
ZZF Dial
ZZF hands
ZZF dw
VR3135
ARF case
ARF bracelet
ARF bezel
ARF insert
ARF or ZZF crown ?

*CF V3 insert

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edeneng

24/8/20
Best combo it's what ?
ZZF Dial
ZZF hands
ZZF dw
VR3135
ARF case
ARF bracelet
ARF bezel
ARF insert
ARF or ZZF crown ?

What about DXF?

Reactions: Zoidberg

Mchan4

30/1/20
Damn I haven't even heard of ZZF or Nail before, but these all seem like some good competitors for the best replica.

pixel_junkie

Renowned Member
28/1/12
Conus
Best combo it's what ?
ZZF Dial
ZZF hands
ZZF dw
VR3135
ARF case
ARF bracelet
ARF bezel
ARF insert
ARF or ZZF crown ?

I personally would go for a Noob case instead of ARF. Can’t stand the wide lugs of the ARF case.

Hilltop

15/9/20
Sorry, meant to type; ‘Seems to have raised....’

GoodGasDaily

Looking Around
21/9/20
Excellent photos. Thank You for posting. I ordered one yesterday after discovering this post.

NJHC

28/2/19
United States
I just purchased the ZZF V3, I will share a detailed breakdown of the changes and side by side comparisons as I own a 2019 Gen. See you in about 20days, hopefully , lol

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
I am in two minds on which movement to go with. Looking for the most reliable. What are your thoughts? thank you in advance.

Here's a great topic comparing the clone 3135 movements against the gen, noting the age of the post and a bit of movement in the movement world since then:
https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...n-gen-sa-sh-vr

Here's a teardown of the VR3135 specifically.
https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...wn-and-cleaned

If you want a movement that looks very close the the gen and functions like a gen, everything I've read suggests the VR is the safest bet, including reliability as far as clones go. There is a new VS3135 movement, and there's currently a VR3130 for the No Date Sub. No point having a date change position with no date.

If you're after a movement thats's generally regarded as very reliable, and easy to service and get parts for, go with either an ETA or clone 2824 or 2836 (personally, I'd choose one of those that has NOT been decorated/engraved - the fewer fingers on that thing the better). They do not funtion like the gen 3135, as the time setting on these is anticlockwise as apposed to clockwise. There a many other things to factor in; e.g., different width movements, so you can't really get a Sub with a 2824 and then swap in a 2836 down the line . . .

Head over to the Tech > Movements section. Lots of helpful info and pics there. :)
https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/movements

Last edited:
Reactions: PastyMan