• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review of ZZF New Sub 116610 LN and Comparison vs. Gen, ARF, Noob and Nail (PART I)

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Just bought a Noob v8s for $268 from Trusty Time. Figure for that price you can’t go wrong. This is the version with the Asian 2836 Not the clone 3135, which I really like.

If it's your first you're gonna love it. As you wear it read and learn some more you can always sell it here in a day and upgrade. Or as it has a good case already you can swap some parts and upgrade this way. My way has always been to get something first and then take it from there on once you have something on your wrist.

Reactions: RepLoser

RepLoser

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
29/6/20
If it's your first you're gonna love it. As you wear it read and learn some more you can always sell it here in a day and upgrade. Or as it has a good case already you can swap some parts and upgrade this way. My way has always been to get something first and then take it from there on once you have something on your wrist.

Great advice! Thanks for this. I’ll post pics once it arrives.

Reactions: Kalev007

RepLoser

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
29/6/20
And here it is! For less than $300 I’m very impressed. The glide lock is a bit wonky but I can live with it as I don’t plan on using it very much.

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
And here it is! For less than $300 I’m very impressed. The glide lock is a bit wonky but I can live with it as I don’t plan on using it very much.
N3cAn.jpg

Nice SELs seem to look good also although cannot tell exactly from this angle. You may put a WTB thread up for ZZF 2836 datewheel as the Noob ones are always left justified and that would be an easy fix but not sure you're gonna find it as nobody probably is selling those. Mostly people swap theirs for gen DW if they have the 3135 version.

The glidelock is a bit wonky on gens as well not that much probably but not butter smooth as people seem to think.

Last edited:
Reactions: RepLoser

RepLoser

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
29/6/20
Nice SELs seem to look good also although cannot tell exactly from this angle. You may put a WTB thread up for ZZF 2836 datewheel as the Noob ones are always left justified and that would be an easy fix but not sure you're gonna find it as nobody probably is selling those. Mostly people swap theirs for gen DW if they have the 3135 version.

The glidelock is a bit wonky on gens as well not that much probably but not butter smooth as people seem to think.

Yes, sorry, my pics keep getting rotated when I post but the sels looks great. Interesting about the date wheel, I may just take your advice on that. Thanks!

Last edited:

leo rosenberger

Looking Around
10/7/20
hello friends, any one by chance would have to sell or know someone I have? , I need the rolex noob 116613lb v8 or v9 or v10 bracelet. the code of the bracelet is g3z 97200

Grillo

Supporter
Certified
8/1/20
Germany
hello friends, any one by chance would have to sell or know someone I have? , I need the rolex noob 116613lb v8 or v9 or v10 bracelet. the code of the bracelet is g3z 97200

Hi Leo. There’s a WTB (want to buy) section here, you can advertise your bracelet there, 2nd you can search in the m2m section under „strap central“ for it, 3rd ask a TD for it (I have asked for my collection for a ARF jubilee bracelet also). Good luck!

TopShelf33

Looking Around
3/8/20
I was always looking for the noob, but the ZZF looks a bit cleaner under microscope. Great post either way.

PastyMan

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/8/20
CONUS
There are two movements for this model: Asia Clone 2836-2 and SA3135 (VR3135).

Hi Donnie Darko,

New to this amazing community. I am in two minds on which movement to go with. Looking for the most reliable. What are your thoughts? thank you in advance.

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Just cracked my insert but I have no idea how that happened :)

IMG-9025.jpg

IMG-3934.jpg

Last edited:

Bonguy

Horology Curious
23/7/20
Just cracked my insert but I have no idea how that happened :)

IMG-9025.jpg

Woah, that looks bad. Is this not a ceramic dial, and therefore, would it not require a significant impact to shatter/crack it? Quite surprised to see this kind of crack. And you mentioned that you are not aware of any significant impact, right? Wonder how this kind of a crack would develop then.

Last edited: