• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review of ZZF New Sub 116610 LN and Comparison vs. Gen, ARF, Noob and Nail (PART I)

Spiral_Cabbage

12/2/18
Conus
We need to consider the new VRF as well. Apparently it has the best movement of the lot.

The SEL on the VRF are rubbish. Noob V9 has the same movement.

So if you are not looking to mod and just want the best visual rep? what would you guys recommend?

ARF sh3135v2 and hope for a decent dw. The fit and finish is just amazing. The case specs are a little bulkier than gen, but no one will tell.

RandyC

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/4/19
ARF sh3135v2 and hope for a decent dw. The fit and finish is just amazing. The case specs are a little bulkier than gen, but no one will tell.

[/QUOTE]

yup, and a simple mod would be to get a prof crystal.

indywatchguy

Renowned Member
26/1/13
We need to consider the new VRF as well. Apparently it has the best movement of the lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd steer clear of VRF, bezel not good and build is not gen construct. ARF and ZZF have friction fit for insert no glue needed.

Neo_one

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
19/3/19
Noob V9, prof xtal, spongebob arf bezel. RIP.
89ef0207784b876a8093e1befca59308.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: indywatchguy

Cordsen

20/11/17
Denmark
Noob V9, prof xtal, spongebob arf bezel. RIP.
89ef0207784b876a8093e1befca59308.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Is the Noob Dial so much better than the ARF v2 dial? Also is it easy to install ARF bezel on the Noob? Does it fit right on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blackhook

3/7/19
Roma
simply fantastic! after this rich confrontation, can we draw up a sort of ranking of factories? according to you who is closer to the genuine?

CarlosFFF

25/6/13
Surprised to see so many say they'd go ARF over ZZF. I am only casually interested in 6 digit reps and have never owned one, nor do I intend to, but it feels evident to me that the ZZF is the best out-of-the-box rep almost because of its insert alone

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
Surprised to see so many say they'd go ARF over ZZF. I am only casually interested in 6 digit reps and have never owned one, nor do I intend to, but it feels evident to me that the ZZF is the best out-of-the-box rep almost because of its insert alone

The ARF insert is pretty good as well. The ceramic sub is a lot more than just one insert though. Case (rehaut), bracelet, dial and hands seem to be worse on the ZZF. Datewheel is better but the one on newer ARF's (2824 and 3135 v2) is good enough for most people. Crystal seems better but still far from gen.
If if you want to mod the ARF, a simple gen DW and crystal replacement makes it a more compelling final solution. And it's been on the market for a longer time (more positive feedback). ;)
Both seem pretty good and I'm glad we have a new player in the market.

No factory will ever get it perfect, otherwise the entire industry would go out of business. :)

Last edited:

Kayjay

2/7/19
Germany
I have no experience in subs so far but I'm curious to know what are the most telling issues with those high quality reps? Bezel, insert, Chrystal?

​​​​​​I cannot imagine to be called out by somebody for not rounded hands or SEL recession..?

lianhuafoju

29/7/19
ZZF for me for out of the box , not a mod person but like how people say wear it like a gen , have no fear.

Reactions: oridian

garnier

Renowned Member
30/5/12

For me it is also the best. Xtal, insert and date wheel. I will buy the zzf and will put an arf bracelet.

Kayjay

2/7/19
Germany
For me it is also the best. Xtal, insert and date wheel. I will buy the zzf and will put an arf bracelet.

Ok, but what about dial, hands and Rehaut? Hands are the worst I've seen so far...

Can you put ARF hands on the ZZF?

garnier

Renowned Member
30/5/12
Ok, but what about dial, hands and Rehaut? Hands are the worst I've seen so far...

Can you put ARF hands on the ZZF?

The dial maybe it accepts a bp dial, hands and rehaut is not a problem for me, I prefer “bad” hands an rehaut over a bad insert and cyclops, which is an instant tell

Last edited:

Kayjay

2/7/19
Germany
The dial maybe it accepts a bp dial, hands and rehaut is not a problem for me, I prefer “bad” hands an rehaut over a bad insert and cyclops, which is an instant tell

ZZF bezel insert itself looks pretty good but in comparison to gen the numbers seem to be too thin.

On ARF I noticed that the printing on the dial looks striking different from gen. Line 2 is missing the blanks along the equal sign. Isn't that a big tell or is it accepted because there are also different gen dial printings?