• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review of ZZF New Sub 116610 LN and Comparison vs. Gen, ARF, Noob and Nail (PART I)

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Impressive! Thanks.

Bezel assembly is a rare find.

By the way did you solve the pinion hole flaw? Im looking for this solution.

I had sourced out the any movement issues or services, as I am not as comfortable with movement work. What issue are you referring to? Can you take a pict? I know my bro kj2020 is also an expert at this.

up2wind

Supporter
Certified
9/6/19
This is the part im referring to. Tho this a GMT master but ya, just for reference.

The person I communicated with said that this is an upgrade work by this watchsmith in China. But I am thinking whether is this part upgrade-able or its really workmanship of watchsmith?

Comparison shows the Hands to be nicely capped on the left, stock noob pic on right.

17f217b53cf93439a8006eea172be7d8.jpg

[/QUOTE]

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
This is the part im referring to. Tho this a GMT master but ya, just for reference.

The person I communicated with said that this is an upgrade work by this watchsmith in China. But I am thinking whether is this part upgrade-able or its really workmanship of watchsmith?

Comparison shows the Hands to be nicely capped on the left, stock noob pic on right.

17f217b53cf93439a8006eea172be7d8.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I see, truthfully i wouldn't worry so much about it as you can't really tell. I would assume it would be a costly upgrade as that is one of the last pieces of the movement to get down to and does the gen part mix in with the repped 3186 movement? I hear its a nightmare to do and most modders outright will say just buy a true 3185 gen movement and throw that bad boy in, because of cost and skill alone.

Last edited:

letterboxmind

29/7/13
It's been years since I've been active in RWI and the whole rep game. Logged in today to see what's the latest build with the sub C.

All i can say is oh my, oh my. How far we've come!

The last sub i had was the noob v5 (sold that). I still have my BP ND though. I don't wear it much but when I look at it, it's awesome despite its imperfections (hello, white inserts on bezel? haha)

But looking at Noob V9 and ZZF, it's almost perfection to me.

I have to say though, i'm quite impressed that new makers like NAIL, ZZF and ARF have appeared.

Is BP still in the game?

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
That insert is fantastic. Do you have more pictures of the dial? Does it have the same problem as the other ones we've seen before (rounded near the hour indices)?

linxujia

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/7/19
If you need a watch to PM me, I can share my whatsapp for you.

Keniath

16/9/16
Upper Austria, Linz
it would be nice if people would please stop quoting Grizzlybear finally
every time we have to scroll and scroll through the same pictures...