• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review of ZZF New Sub 116610 LN and Comparison vs. Gen, ARF, Noob and Nail (PART I)

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Wow really detailed comparison. It baffels me how nitpicky people get over details that can't even be seen with a naked eye. I have a Noob no date V8 and held a genuine once. The main difference is in bezel and clasp action. Looks are basicaly identical. Sure, If I had them side by side I would maybe see some difference but why is this so important to people? I'm perfectly happy with the noob the way it is. Anyways, rant over. Hahah
fbe86844de8148743eb918ce98f1bfad.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

You have some guys here and on TRF that can spot a rep a mile away but really...99.9% of the folks can’t tell. You are correct...the issue is not that people are going to call you out...the issue is the person inside your head...to see if he can live with it.

WatchitBoris

Horology Curious
12/4/19
You have some guys here and on TRF that can spot a rep a mile away but really...99.9% of the folks can’t tell. You are correct...the issue is not that people are going to call you out...the issue is the person inside your head...to see if he can live with it.
I hear you and I agree. I also think that those people who seek 1:1 perfection on a macro level will never be satisfied with a rep cause there will always be something. And rep factories will make sure of it because there is money to be made this way. But what's the point? Even if they do get to 1:1 perfection eventualy which I think they can, it still only a rep. Extremely well made one but only a rep.

You are also right about 99.9% people can't tell the difference and the biggest tell in my opinion is the person wearing the watch. In my situation for example it is maybe the VW that I'm driving. I love my car as much as I would like to have an original Rolex but it just doesn't add up for most people. On the other hand If I somehow had a genuine Sub and drove the same car I wouldn't give a shit what anyone think. Like you wrote... It doesn't matter that you wear a rep if you are ok with knowing what it is. If you're not however, not even a 1:1 perfect rep with identical hands, rehaut, SELs, lume peep and whatnot will fix it. I still have mixed feeling about it, that's why my Noob V8 sits in my watch box most of the time. :D
End of another rant..

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Stratoblaster

Known Member
29/9/16
I too want to Thank jtimewatch for putting this together. IMO, this information and these pics are SUPER helpful to folks who wish to take the time and learn.
Thanks for the Great Post!

Reactions: verno75

mrnoahj

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
21/7/14
Conus

You can fool everyone.....but yourself

its4me

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/6/19
What version of noob is in this comparison? V9? Cant imagine that they are the badest in most points???

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
What version of noob is in this comparison? V9? Cant imagine that they are the badest in most points???

I did compare the V9....but the comparison is only straight out of the box, without modifying it. Once you start to modify or franken your watch noob destroys all...why? It will fit most gen parts and it’s case is most gen like.

its4me

28/6/19
I did compare the V9....but the comparison is only straight out of the box, without modifying it. Once you start to modify or franken your watch noob destroys all...why? It will fit most gen parts and it’s case is most gen like.

ok thx...yes maybe with modyfing...but oofb it seems that in sumary it is the badest of all but it is the most expensive one. Im between the ARF SH3135v2 and the Noob v9 (maybe with new movement AS or VR3135, i heared new one have that?) so without modding...do can give an advice?

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
I've heard the new V9's do get the VR3135, have to verify with your TD though, but if that's the case then it really solves the reliability fear. Here's what I noticed here. Everyone starts out, in this hobby, like they won't modify the watch. Then they get addicted, the bug hits them, and they start to see the common flaws of each rep, believe you me they all have them. Then modding starts to happen and it can go from mild to wild. At the end really it's your budget, how much you are willing to make it "perfect." Nothing is perfect, but gen parts, and you will see that. So my advice would be..ultimately, right now vs a year from now...how much are you willing to spend? $500-$1500 stick with ARF and you can still get a pretty decent rep. $1500 and up and you will definitely get gen like watch with Noob V9. Here's my builds based on budget.

v9 superfranken Hulk build well over $5.5K-but next to my gen LB sub or other gen subs..can't tell
1C74BB9D-C805-493E-8B17-BF6422AF21EC417d27fc40b6b9e3.jpg

6F124842-D023-4364-A2AE-CCA78612EE054c4b706a9b22e2f6.jpg

My Arf no date build $1500 or less

5A7F6C68-5486-4FDC-96CB-91374E77029Bb1dbe3d3906167a6.jpg

I wear my Hulk daily as it is my favorite. Would put it up against a gen any day of the week, very hard to even tell. My ARF, really nice, but next to gen, definitely can tell. Most people would say well that never really happens, get called out in the wild or folks comparing watches, this is very true. But the confidence you have, in your mind, is also in the build. Hopefully, that make sense.

up2wind

Supporter
Certified
9/6/19
@Vvvlllooo

mind to share the breakdown of your hulk? What are the gen parts?

vkhaa

11/3/19
yes, no problem

v9 base
3135 sh serviced
gen insert/bezel assembly
gen click springs
gen DW
gen Crystal
gen dial
Arf clasp
Arf hands

5.5k for this - I guess bezel insert is the big part of the budget??

also you changed the clasp to arf but not the bracelet, mind sharing why noob bracelet better?

last is the v9 case. What make it better than ARF case?

I have franken ARF watch with gen dial xtal dw crown and hands and so far the ARF case fit them all nicely.

thank you in advance

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
5.5k for this - I guess bezel insert is the big part of the budget??

also you changed the clasp to arf but not the bracelet, mind sharing why noob bracelet better?

last is the v9 case. What make it better than ARF case?

I have franken ARF watch with gen dial xtal dw crown and hands and so far the ARF case fit them all nicely.

thank you in advance

Yes, you can’t find hulk dials or inserts at this moment and when you do..get ready to shell it out (80% of the cost). The noob bracelet has more weight to it than the ARF and felt more solid. V9 and v6s noob case is most gen like out of all the reps and fit all gen parts. Sounds like you have 3135...if you read occb2 review of the 3135 ARF case, they are worse than the 2824 ARF cases.

Last edited:

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Here’s an example of just the dial and insert....all for the low price of

up2wind

Supporter
Certified
9/6/19
Impressive! Thanks.

Bezel assembly is a rare find.

By the way did you solve the pinion hole flaw? Im looking for this solution.

vkhaa

11/3/19
Thanks mate. No joke LV build is expensive.

The GMT still relatively cheaper build for franken. That’s where am going next before its parts become rare and too expensive.

Reactions: Vvvlllooo