• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review of ZZF New Sub 116610 LN and Comparison vs. Gen, ARF, Noob and Nail (PART I)

Jbrahm

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/10/18
jtimewatch Thank you for all your detailed comparisons! They are sooo useful. You mentioned that the bezel paint is platinum plated. Is there some way to do some reliability testing? I just want to see how it holds up. Whether they fade or flake. I already have the Clean Factory bezel V1. I rubbed it a little bit with some water. No fading so far. My ARF flaked after just 2 months. I would bet there is a test for reliability since you have all those bezels already. All the close up shots are great to see how good these are visually but you really can't see how refined the insert painting or cut is no matter how close you look at it. Reliability is really the most important detail now because to the naked eye, they look almost the same.

Reactions: Tcc13c and Rolemars

dman9555

23/12/18
Wow incredibly comprehensive, thanks. personally I like the noob.

up2wind

Supporter
Certified
9/6/19
My favorite is still the ARF 2824. Best rep out of the box and together with a Gen Datewheel and Crystal it looks amazing. It's become my daily driver that I wear with a suit and with a t shirt as well. Modded by interaktiv

d827615bb24017832b25f4e36e80017c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is your gen datewheel model same for 3135 movement? Where you get it?

roro6263

Renowned Member
6/7/11
Hi all,

I just discovered this post. Oh my God, my eyes are bleeding !:spike:
That's great. There is a big competition now.
Personally and until now, regarding the Sub, I prefer ARF in the case of OOTB.
To be continued.

vkhaa

11/3/19
jtimewatch this is a great post. Can you please comment on the depth of the black colour on each insert? are they all consistent?
I never seen post comparing the depth of black. My ARF insert looks grey-ish from some angle and wonder if ZZF is better in this aspect?

Thank you

Alibaba89

Horology Curious
27/4/19
Any news about the sub? No other dealer still has it, and still shows pre order on j time?

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
there has been turmoil in China lately

Police looks like raiding, i suppose could affect all makers

Mike r

6/2/19
Excellent review!

top 2 in my opinion

ZZF AND NOOB

watchpit

🍌 go bananas 🍌
Certified
24/4/19
EU
I am very impressed by the pictorial review of a lot of angles and details. Espacially the date von picutures are great, showing all numbers not only the good looking ones. Thanks a lot!

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
ZZF must improve the dial it's not plain it has strange waves in it.

WatchitBoris

Horology Curious
12/4/19
Wow really detailed comparison. It baffels me how nitpicky people get over details that can't even be seen with a naked eye. I have a Noob no date V8 and held a genuine once. The main difference is in bezel and clasp action. Looks are basicaly identical. Sure, If I had them side by side I would maybe see some difference but why is this so important to people? I'm perfectly happy with the noob the way it is. Anyways, rant over. Hahah
fbe86844de8148743eb918ce98f1bfad.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Rolemars

Fulcanelli

Known Member
7/7/19
EU
What version of the noob did you use in the comparison? I was under the impression the noob v9 was hands down the best rep of this model.