• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is this Hulk gen? Guy wants to meet up tomorrow and is selling for a good price

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
]
c896fa0d881f8cde269eeabf13b36d94.jpg

Franken - this is BP/VR serial, ask him for the photo of the bracelet's clasp code;)
Dial and crystal are gen, insert is rep for my eye.

Even if it has a gen 3135 inside - the overall package of gen parts is not worth $5.8k.

Last edited:
Reactions: phdsjain and Itto

DaleM

I'm Pretty Popular
25/8/18
Central Florida
The dwo seems to sit really low.
Get an AD/Rolex to verify, you should pay a little extra for verification to be safe.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

College now a.days tells.kids what to think and never how to think. I will let.you figure out the buyer and seller walk inside and ask to have the watch verified. Or the mere thought of mentioning that to him might make him run away. Again, I would.get in his brain.

maybe he does not know it is fake. Maw,.forget.everything OP and buy it. Awesome deal.

Run the fuck.away and if guys here can point out the flaws maybe tell the seller in a kind way so he knows for sure he has a.repped up watch.

Last edited:

Longwood

6/11/17
Florida
It’s a franken, becareful as if it does have a gen 3135 the ad may say it’s gen. Remember they are mostly salesman.

if it was me I would pass, if you want to see for yourself find a watch maker. Look up a 116610lv and than look at this. See the crown guards look like they been pumping weights at the gym while on roids. Could be gen bracelet. As stated first post it’s a franken.

DaleM

I'm Pretty Popular
25/8/18
Central Florida
You get the AD watchmaker to open the back and authenticate the piece. Some (including mine) will do this without charge. Takes less than 5 minutes. If a seller is not willing to do this, you have your answer too. No comparison to real Hulk needed.

This is a no brainer. Don't rely on anyone here, on pics, or on your own "expertise". Even if you have to pay a small fee ($25) for an iron clad verification, you will save the devastation and humiliation of finding out later that you were taken.

Also the AD can tell if the watch is stolen or a lost piece. The reporting records are pretty good for rolex. It does not cover ex.wives pawning your watch though.

Good advice!

Reactions: KJ2020

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
and bring some local rwi members with you in the meeting just in case :)

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12
he might be trying to rob you once you meet, do not walk with any cash

ViperGTS

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
1/1/10
you're getting pretty clear advice. not a single person has confirmed this is gen.....its a franken at best.

$5800 too good to be true. the best advice you're getting is to take it to an AD.....if thats not worth the 30 min drive, then you should pass

DanniSandi

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/1/17
The price is too good to be true. He's playing the dumb "dont-know-the-price-of-this-watch"-guy. I would avoid this deal.

DKJAWJ

Known Member
20/11/18
London
The more I read in this thread the more I think you should be rather careful. Hard to see a positive outcome.

VaderTime

9/10/17
Anyone with a sound mind would simply do a google search and will find out that hulks go for 13k.

Unless this guy is Robinhood, there is no way anyone will sell it for 5k

Akuwes710

27/9/15
Anyone with a sound mind would simply do a google search and will find out that hulks go for 13k.

Unless this guy is Robinhood, there is no way anyone will sell it for 5k
Well if hes robin hood in a sense that he stole this hulk from a rich man, then Heck yeah he would sell it under 6K quickly before the watch is reported stolen... Just a theory

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

VaderTime

9/10/17
Well if hes robin hood in a sense that he stole this hulk from a rich man, then Heck yeah he would sell it under 6K quickly before the watch is reported stolen... Just a theory

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

lol great theory! Then he might have stolen a franken hulk :rolleyes:

Reactions: d3s19n

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Be careful it really sounds like a "shot and rob the guy" scenario because he thinks you have the cash with you.

Btw. the insert is NEVER a gen.

leonardoo.dc

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/4/19
the rehaut tells you everything you need to know ..
keep away from it..

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI