• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Why there isn’t a Noob V9 with SH3135?

OmegaRox

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/1/17
What’s up everyone.. I’m a bit conflicted and need of a guidance.. Really interested in picking up a Sub 116610 LN and have been doing a lot of research ..

it all boiled down down to ARF v2 and Noob v9.

I’d like to mod few things such as gen crystal (already purchased), gen dw, gen crown, and possibly gen bezel with insert.

With that being said, according to my search, I should go with the Noob v9 since I’m moding. However, the Noob v9 only comes with SA3135 and I would definitely prefer the SH3135 (according to searching this is the better movement that will accept gen parts). So now what? Purchase SH3135 movement and swap? I feel that’s a bit of a waste since they are both clone movements. I was initially going to pick one up with the Swiss movement(ETA-2836-2) but the difference in dw and setting the watch, really eliminates the fun of how close you can get to a gen (I know it’s more reliable by miles).

Whats your advice? I know the SH3135 vs A3135 has been discussed and the ARF vs Noob V9 as well.. but it appears the better movement is in the watch that isn’t the one recommended for modding. :(

Any input and advice is really appreciated. Thanks!

VaderTime

9/10/17
I thought about the same thing. I will be getting an SA3135 noob v9 and sending it off to Domi to get it serviced once arrived.

micksmith1987

Renowned Member
1/9/18
I got a V9 and SH3135 from puretime and shipped in the same package. I think the movement cost 100usd.

OmegaRox

13/1/17
I thought about the same thing. I will be getting an SA3135 noob v9 and sending it off to Domi to get it serviced once arrived.

Is Domi in the US or Europe? Trying to also find a good watch maker/ modder in the US.

OmegaRox

13/1/17
So you purchased it with the SA3135 and swapped the movements?

Kaloc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/18
Got a quote from Puretime few weeks ago, SH3135 is 268$+shipping

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
I swapped a sh3135 into my V9....it’s been running great, knock on wood, for the past 3 years...the sh3135 was from a watch I had on the side. It sounds pretty crazy to do but the grand scheme of things, the investment is there. I haven’t really heard of much issues from the new sa3135s also but knowing history, the sh3135s has a better longevity and can take most gen parts. Also, it comes with a lot of replacement parts, most modern can work on them, and easy to replace as it doesn’t cost too much. To me, the sh3135 is far from gen, but the next best thing best thing in line. Your franken will last you for the many years to come, if your build is right.

Take my advice, with a grain of salt, wait until your sa3135 dies, if it ever does. You can easily replace it later, they pop up on eBay for pretty cheap and it’s a straight drop in.

Reactions: OmegaRox

OmegaRox

13/1/17
I swapped a sh3135 into my V9....it’s been running great, knock on wood, for the past 3 years...the sh3135 was from a watch I had on the side. It sounds pretty crazy to do but the grand scheme of things, the investment is there. I haven’t really heard of much issues from the new sa3135s also but knowing history, the sh3135s has a better longevity and can take most gen parts. Also, it comes with a lot of replacement parts, most modern can work on them, and easy to replace as it doesn’t cost too much. To me, the sh3135 is far from gen, but the next best thing best thing in line. Your franken will last you for the many years to come, if your build is right.

Take my advice, with a grain of salt, wait until your sa3135 dies, if it ever does. You can easily replace it later, they pop up on eBay for pretty cheap and it’s a straight drop in.

Thank you for the advice. I will probably take that route. Meanwhile I will continue to just look for the gen parts I’m after and try to find a good watch maker/modder in USA.

Reactions: Vvvlllooo

VaderTime

9/10/17
Do do you think is better for me to just get the SH and send it to Domi instead of wasting time on the SA?

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Do do you think is better for me to just get the SH and send it to Domi instead of wasting time on the SA?

Depends on your budget. If you can do it, yes. If you’re thinking about other items to replace than no. If you do have domi clean it or service it right away, sh3135.

VaderTime

9/10/17
Depends on your budget. If you can do it, yes. If you’re thinking about other items to replace than no. If you do have domi clean it or service it right away, sh3135.

Got it, thanks for the help!

btw, both the SA and SH sets the time in the correct direction like a Gen right?

Last edited:
Reactions: Vvvlllooo