• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sea-Dweller Two Tone SS/YG 126603 ARF

Renowned Member
9/12/18
They finally have mk2 on sd43.

Is the sel plated?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Once we see this in wrapped I will buy it!

truedis

Horology Curious
11/4/06
You can always get it re-plated in the proper color of gold, at least that way you know the thickness etc. Probably more reputable having a local company do it vs whatever they're selling us as "wrapped" from China.

jampo

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
21/11/17
You can always get it re-plated in the proper color of gold, at least that way you know the thickness etc. Probably more reputable having a local company do it vs whatever they're selling us as "wrapped" from China.

getting all gold parts removed from the stell will be pain :D

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15

Almost impossible to have this re-plated in Europe!

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I think replatng a two tone bracelet would require separating the gold mid links away from the brushed SS outer links, itself a significant hassle.

Reactions: johnlogan

ekg

Supporter
Certified
6/2/12
Very cool. Already asked if the sides are plates or bare metal. If it’s plated, I’m getting one.

Renowned Member
9/12/18
Very cool. Already asked if the sides are plates or bare metal. If it’s plated, I’m getting one.

Nice, please keep us updated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fletch512

Known Member
9/5/06
I think there's some quality control issues with the gold plating. Look just beneath the clasp on the left side of the mid link:

rlx2019051001-22.jpg

If you watch the video on puretime's website at 1:17, it shows a bit better than this picture how the gold plating seemed to have peeled off. Nothing surprising, I suppose, but I don't think the plating would withstand daily wear.

Reactions: johnlogan

ekg

Supporter
Certified
6/2/12
I think there's some quality control issues with the gold plating. Look just beneath the clasp on the left side of the mid link:

rlx2019051001-22.jpg

If you watch the video on puretime's website at 1:17, it shows a bit better than this picture how the gold plating seemed to have peeled off. Nothing surprising, I suppose, but I don't think the plating would withstand daily wear.

Just watched the video. Yeah, kinda crazy that they would make that video with a sample in that condition. You could see a lot of flaws on the gold color on the bezel, not smooth. Im guessing once in production it should be cleaned up.

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
This watch looks awesome in TT. The real deal would be very heavy watch probably over 200grams for sure.

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
This watch is so.. useless.. and over the top.. i love it!
I have to get it - in pt's video it looks like at least the sides of the SELs middle part is also plated. Yay!
Give me three weeks for a review.

danno7778

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
11/5/19
it's certainly an attention getter. I wonder if Rolex will go the whole hog and introduce a full gold version of the SD in the future? That would be a brick on the wrist.

jsbaker88

Known Member
3/8/15
This watch is so.. useless.. and over the top.. i love it!
I have to get it - in pt's video it looks like at least the sides of the SELs middle part is also plated. Yay!
Give me three weeks for a review.

I ordered mine last week but have been told by Jennifer at Puretime that it doesn’t release for another month!

The waiting game begins.. patience is a virtue but it’s not one I have that much of!!

Reactions: Itto