• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is it worth it putting gen 3135 movement in a noob sub?

BlakeDrinkHard

Known Member
6/5/19
I want to get the pro's thoughts....I can get my hands on a gen. Rolex 3135 movement complete with date dial and crown. Is it worth the $1500 to get the gen. Movement and put into a noob sub?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
There are a lot of other things that any rep could benefit from more than a gen movement. Things like dial, hands, bezel, insert, crystal, etc. If you plan on doing that also, it might be worth it. But if not, you're just as well served by replacing the Noob SA3135 with the much better SH3135, get it serviced, and install gen reversing gears or the whole autowind device.

Reactions: Cadows

BlakeDrinkHard

Known Member
6/5/19
So the 3135 is complete and in mint working order my friend got to Franken his GMT and little did he know the 3135 doesnt work for the GMT. My end game is to do a complete overhaul with gen parts (movement, bezel, dial, hands)...because even with all that I'm putting out around $3k instead of $9k for a gen

palaufreak

Renowned Member
7/7/16
There are a lot of other things that any rep could benefit from more than a gen movement. Things like dial, hands, bezel, insert, crystal, etc. If you plan on doing that also, it might be worth it. But if not, you're just as well served by replacing the Noob SA3135 with the much better SH3135, get it serviced, and install gen reversing gears or the whole autowind device.
Amen brother

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: BlakeDrinkHard

Akuwes710

27/9/15
Mine has +/- 2 secs in 60 days. You could look forward to that, given your mvmt is clean, adjjsted and regulated. And smooth winding.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: BlakeDrinkHard

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
So the 3135 is complete and in mint working order my friend got to Franken his GMT and little did he know the 3135 doesnt work for the GMT. My end game is to do a complete overhaul with gen parts (movement, bezel, dial, hands)...because even with all that I'm putting out around $3k instead of $9k for a gen

Of course it is...any gen parts is an upgrade

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
I never found the need to put a gen movement in any rep. Gen bezel insert, dial, crystal, even bracelet make sense before a movement.

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
I never found the need to put a gen movement in any rep. Gen bezel insert, dial, crystal, even bracelet make sense before a movement.

For $1500? For a gen movement....yes...others will come later.

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

btobias

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
15/3/15

Go for it in that order at this price point! +/- 2sec in 60 days seems really optimistic unless it stays in a watch winder. By personal experience I would say between 10 to 15sec in a month if you wear it daily.
If it is mint like you said and serviced properly with gen parts and lubricants, this is a rock solid movement. Don't go for anything else for the heart of your watch.

BlakeDrinkHard

Known Member
6/5/19
I'm planning on it being my daily wear, I've been putting a beating on my gen watches. This way I wont feel as bad when the case/bracelet get scratched up. Plus this is a cool ass hobby I really never knew existed until a few months ago and I'm diving in head first

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
I'm planning on it being my daily wear, I've been putting a beating on my gen watches. This way I wont feel as bad when the case/bracelet get scratched up. Plus this is a cool ass hobby I really never knew existed until a few months ago and I'm diving in head first

I think solex is right. Forget the movement and go for the aesthetics. In the meanwhile, hook a brother up with that gen movement for $1500. Hmmm hmmm? ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: kamo and KJ2020