• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

116622 - Tomrep review

cuddilyteddy

4/5/13
So I ordered a noob 116622 rolesium with 2824 movement. It was shipped directly to Tom for a bezel mod and I ordered it with a handset from JF, that Tom agreed to change for me. When he got the watch he let me know of other options we could do, including bracelet mod, which included closing all gaps and stairsteps from each link, repolishing center links, and rebrushing/refinishing the rest of the bracelet. He also gave the case a high polish, included with the bracelet mod.

While replacing the second hand on the watch Tom noticed the original noob second hand was sticking to the pinion of the second wheel. He was able to unmount parts of the movement, which led to discovering the Chinese date disc was not sitting as it should (aka shit), so we decided to go ahead and replace the date disc with an ETA date disc, along with some movement servicing. Tom sourced the new disc for me, per my request. He sent movement pictures, detailed descriptions, and videos, so I could understand what was happening and explained everything amazingly well.

Throughout the entire process Tom updated me with pictures, and his communication could not have been better. He answered my questions preorder, while I placed my order with a TD, and constantly while he was doing the work. I could not be happier with his customer service, his work, and his prices were exceptionally fair, especially considering all the extra work that went into this watch for me that we weren't expecting. I cannot recommend his mods or him highly enough!

As usual: this thread is worthless without pics, so here are some that Tom sent to me. As my watch just shipped today I will update with far more once the watch is sitting on my wrist, with the dial and bezel now matching perfectly in the sun :)

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Looks amazing bro, Tom does incedible work.

bowtiefanatc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/11/12
That bezel looks fantastic! I might need to inquire about his services for my YM

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
You might ask him to upgrade your crystal while you are at it if not done already. Shame to have the bezel off again for that.

Sundek

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/3/18
Italy
6d2d5864b4904bb456af5b4717a07d82.jpg

same work as tom, bezel mod and whole watch, on my YM.
I highly recommend it to a great person

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

ap@12

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/12/12
he did some work on some of my watches,amazing guy to deal with:worthy:

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
I saw these earlier :) Fantastic work as always from Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sundek

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/3/18
Italy
Feel also free to post my whatsapp number????

This is a message by Tom

Reactions: ddb92

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
Tom has done some work for me in the past, he is one of the most helpful guys I’ve come across.

This looks fantastic, congratulations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slashFAslash

21/7/18
It looks really great. Isn't the JF/ARF handset 3135 movement based? Didn't know that they would fit on the ETA clones.

Sundek

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/3/18
Italy
It looks really great. Isn't the JF/ARF handset 3135 movement based? Didn't know that they would fit on the ETA clones.

I know it is a noob with 2824

thefever

Renowned Member
29/4/13
Do these watches come with solid mid links in the bracelets? Noob, JF, ARF?

Godcia

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/1/19
This watch is literally one of my grails. Do you think TD's will be able to send me the jf handset as well? Will definately contact Tom to do the mods he did to yours on mine :)
It looks beautiful, maybe at a 2xAR crystal and that might just be my dream watch

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
Other than the bezel mod, what else does Tom's mod do to the feel of the bezel when you rotate it? Does it feel more genlike?

cuddilyteddy

4/5/13
This watch is literally one of my grails. Do you think TD's will be able to send me the jf handset as well? Will definately contact Tom to do the mods he did to yours on mine :)
It looks beautiful, maybe at a 2xAR crystal and that might just be my dream watch

Yeah, I ordered mine direct from TD with a noob watch and had a JF hand set included in the order. I received quality control pics of the hand set, just like the watch, and they shipped together. I think it was 30 dollars for the hand set to be included.