• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

4130 noob VS 7750 VS 4130 arf - need clarification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chigganv

30/1/19
Hi,

Newbie here. About to purchase a Daytona rep, my first one.

Got some questions regarding the different movements I've stumbeled upon.
4130 NOOB: https://puretime.io/daytona-116515-n...tra-strap.html
4130 ARF: https://puretime.io/daytona-116508-a...-clone-v2.html
7750 xxxx: https://puretime.io/daytona-116515-n...tra-strap.html

Just 3 examples watches. I'm not totally sure therefor I'm asking here.

1. The 4130 noob is fully functional, including all 3 subdials?
2. The 4130 arf is not fully functional, only subdial at 6 a clock is working? A.k.a The chronograph.
3. The 7750, same as 4130 arf?

Am I correct in these statements?
I have searched the forum and this is what I found. I just want an clarification if I found the correct information.

Last edited:

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Hi,

Newbie here. About to purchase a Daytona rep, my first one.

Got some questions regarding the different movements I've stumbeled upon.

1. The 4130 noob is fully functional, including all 3 subdials?
2. The 4130 arf is not fully functional, only subdial at 6 a clock is working? A.k.a The chronograph.
3. The 7750, same as 4130 arf?

Am I correct in these statements?
I have searched the forum and this is what I found. I just want an clarification if I found the correct information.

You didn't search very well before starting a new thread?

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...noob-v1-v2-and-v2-2-daytona-vs-arf-v2-daytona

Reactions: QueTip

chigganv

30/1/19
Why are 7750 movements even allowed to be called 4130 when they are clearly not?

Its confusing for new people like me who has no experience or knowledge about watches at all.
The ARF clearly has a 7750 (decorated to look like a 4130) according to your post.

chigganv

30/1/19
God damn it.

1. NOOB 4130 fullly working.

2. ARF "4130" is actually a 7750 skimmed of some depht and only working 1 subdial?

3. The 7750 fully working but 15 mm? Or are SOME 7750 fully working and SOME not?!

This is a djungle M Scott

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
The only real 4130 clone is the one from Noob. Reall 7750 have Chrono fonction but are too fat to properly replicate a Daytona. Therefore ARF has a 7750 base that has its Chrono function removed so as to get the movement thinner. The Chrono second will still start and stop but will not increment the minutes or hours of the Chrono. It is indeed incorrectly called a 4130 as they have decorated it to look closer to a 4130 but it's in no way a clone. Hope this helps

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
A7750 movements are cheap asian knockoffs. It's all that was available for chronos for many years, so the reps suffered with poor quality. These movements require thicker cases to house them so they are also less gen-like. Also, the movements are time bombs. The chronos should never be used. They "work" fully, but can break easily and can result in hands stuck or resetting improperly or in a worst case scenario breaking the watch's timekeeping function.

ARF made a breakthrough with their A7750, mod 4130. The mod is just a deco plate that can and should be removed. ARF also removed some chrono parts that enabled the case to be thinner like gen but disabling 3 and 9 subdials. ARF Daytonas are superior in fit and finish, many people put ARF dials and bezels onto a Noob. Also great bracelets and clasps.

Noob made rep history with the first ever true clone 4130. Only Noob has them. All the chronos work and can be used without concern for breakage. Noob dials and bezels and bracelets are considered by many to be not on par with ARF. There have been improvements since this model launched. Many believe Noob is playing a marketing game by releasing lesser quality versions at the outset so we will buy again later when they improve. Older Noob A7750 dials and bezels are better in many cases than the new 4130 offerings.

Last edited:

chigganv

30/1/19
Alot of thanks KJ2020

For someone who is new in the game this is very valuable information. Believe me I have searched the forum for answers but it really just made me more lost.
With this little piece of text you wrote I got a clear picture of the different movements, their relation and also a understanding of the history behind them.
I dont know what to say other than bravo.

I also dont get why people seem to be attacking me sometimes for asking questions on this forum? Even a moderator did this.
I'm not asking these questions because I want to be a jackass. I'm trying to learn and if I never ask I will never learn. Everybody is new at some point and I obviously do use the search function. Heck I even f*cking google the questions to find answers.
But its not easy to puzzle together 30 different opinions on matters when I'm looking for facts.

Last edited:

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Alot of thanks KJ2020

For someone who is new in the game this is very valuable information. Believe me I have searched the forum for answers but it really just made me more lost.
With this little piece of text you wrote I got a clear picture of the different movements, their relation and also a understanding of the history behind them.

I also dont get why people seem to be attacking me sometimes for asking questions on this forum? Even a moderator did this.
I'm not asking these questions because I want to be a jackass. I'm trying to learn and if I never ask I will never learn. Everybody is new at some point and I obviously do use the search function. Heck I even f*cking google the questions to find answers.
But its not easy to puzzle together 30 different opinions on matters when I'm looking for facts.

It is doable, you are just lazy. I had the exact same "problem" when diving into the repgame 6 months ago, but I did not open a thread for every question that I had. I actually read the forum.

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Na, im done spoonfeeding

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
I didnt even look for it, but I know the information is in a thread in the rolex forum. When I started 6 months ago I consumed every thread there is about the Daytona. I read 100s of pages of comments to understand whats happening. I subscribed and still am subscribed to every Daytona thread, when there is a new comment you can be sure I'm one of the firsts to read it.

The knowledge about the differences in the movements is in my head. It didnt magically get in there. I read it. In that forum.

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
It is all listed in the rolex/tudor section

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: stufuse

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Cheeps Ok show me a thread where this information is.

There you go, you cant find it :)

God damn it.

Really unnecessary.

1. NOOB 4130 fullly working.

Answer #1.
New Noob V2.2 Black 116500 -

- The 904L V2 case was released in August 2018 and this Updated "V2.2" dial was released in February of 2019.
- Noob is still the only Daytona Rep with a complete clone of the Rolex 4130 chronograph movement.

2. ARF "4130" is actually a 7750 skimmed of some depht and only working 1 subdial?

Answer #2.
Some of the Dealers called this an "A4130" movement, but it was really just a 7750 movement with a decoration plate and a Daytona rotor added to make it look like a 4130.
You would only ever see it if you ever took the caseback off. Pretty common knowledge that the Hour and Minute Chronograph Sub-dials are not functional on an ARF.

3. The 7750 fully working but 15 mm? Or are SOME 7750 fully working and SOME not?!

This is a djungle M Scott

Awnser #3.
The watch is based on a stripped down 7750 movement which no longer has the functioning chronograph. The version with the working chronograph was too thick / tall.
Given the choice between an inaccurate watch shape, and a non working chronograph, the non working chrono won - the watch looks incredible.

Noob has made a version with a cloned movement / working chronograph which is as thin as the genuine, however externally, the ARF is better.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Alot of thanks KJ2020

Several people telling you that you’re just a lazy fuck but yet you still fail to see the mistake being on your side but blame others including me? No. Not how it works here.

trailboss99 Raddave xj4sonx

Status
Not open for further replies.