• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

HULK: Gen or Rep??

Nobody69

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/2/19
Screen-Shot-2019-05-05-at-10-29-34-PM.png

An acquaintance of mine is selling his hulk. I'm not sure whether or not to believe its real, but have no reason to think otherwise. I wanted to make sure, can someone let me know if ALL the parts are 100% genuine (hands, dial, bezel, etc.)? I believe we've discussed reps in the past, but I'm unsure his knowledge of reps or how deep he is into them. I wanted a 2nd opinion in case any parts were swapped out before he decided to sell the watch. Also without opening the watch, is it possible to know if the movement has been swapped?

I am asking for a friend who may be interested.

jampo

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
21/11/17
more pics would be great

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
Hulk's dial and bezel insert are the hottest parts for frankening.
Insert, dial, crystal and DW are gen. Case and SEL look very good too, imo the watch is untouched gen.

Without opening you can tell whether the watch is powered by ETA or 3135 movement.
To tell whether 3135 movement is gen/ or SA/ or SH/ or VR - ideally you should be able to see the movement after opening the watch.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Why don't you propose to him to go together to a Rolex AD, to "check that everything is fine with the watch"? His reaction would probably tell you a lot

Nobody69

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/2/19
Subcross why do you say rep?? You’re the only one who has said this