• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Does anyone still have an ARF Daytona that they are still happy with?

guessit

Known Member
17/11/19
I own a black and a white gen 116520 and in this moment I'd only choose a Noob v3 116520 with ARF v2 dial. Noob font is completely wrong and it's easily recognizable to anyone who knows a minimum Rolex, even from a distance, at least for me, and I can't stand having a watch that works halfway.
I think I'll wait for an updated ARF version so as to have also better bezel and bracelet.

Last edited:

Mathieu123I

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/9/12
would like to buy a Daytona 116500. I prefer the price of the ARF.

Is the movement reliable?

The 7750 was not reliable. Is the A4130 from ARF reliable (it's not the SA4130 from Noob)?

tom86

Divers only
Supporter
Certified
28/7/19
EU, UAE
Bought a 116506 for my wife last year. Wanted to go for the thinnest case option, so went with Noob. I have a Noob 114060 from earlier, so I roughly knew what to expect quality-wise, but to be honest, the overall feel of the watch was disappointing. The bracelet felt so cheap even after an extensive oil bath. I know it is mostly about the movement, but I was expecting a bit more from a 700 usd rep.

I wanted a Daytona for myself too, and because of the Noob quality I chose the 116520 ARF V2 this time. Everyone praised the finishing of the ARF reps, so gave it a try. Well, the difference is huge.. The bracelet, the case, the dial, the crystal, they are miles better than the Noob. Just can not compare the two.
There are downsides, yes: no fully working chrono, and it is a bit thicker, but the caseback and rotor issue will be hopefully sorted out in a few days, and also considering to give it a full movement service just to be on the safe side, but overall I am more than happy with the ARF. Done with Noob.

HomeRye

Animal magnetism
Certified
7/4/20
Scotland
Bought a 116506 for my wife last year. Wanted to go for the thinnest case option, so went with Noob. I have a Noob 114060 from earlier, so I roughly knew what to expect quality-wise, but to be honest, the overall feel of the watch was disappointing. The bracelet felt so cheap even after an extensive oil bath. I know it is mostly about the movement, but I was expecting a bit more from a 700 usd rep.

I wanted a Daytona for myself too, and because of the Noob quality I chose the 116520 ARF V2 this time. Everyone praised the finishing of the ARF reps, so gave it a try. Well, the difference is huge.. The bracelet, the case, the dial, the crystal, they are miles better than the Noob. Just can not compare the two.
There are downsides, yes: no fully working chrono, and it is a bit thicker, but the caseback and rotor issue will be hopefully sorted out in a few days, and also considering to give it a full movement service just to be on the safe side, but overall I am more than happy with the ARF. Done with Noob.

Hi Tom, did you replace the caseback and rotor? If so, where did you source them from? Cheers :)

stevier88

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
16/12/19
U.K
More than happy with my ARF.

ZLqa7j.jpg

Reactions: HomeRye

josmcg

13/3/18
I’ve worn my ARF daily for over 2 years. Never serviced and it working perfectly. The only issue is the self winding is horrible. I give it a manual wind daily. Other than that, absolutely no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tom86

Divers only
Supporter
Certified
28/7/19
EU, UAE
Hi Tom, did you replace the caseback and rotor? If so, where did you source them from? Cheers :)

Hi! Got it M2M from Mark1937, check with him, he might have some more. The rotor and its screw is easy to source from Ebay (ETA 7750 Valjoux rotor), the caseback is the tricky one. Cheers

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
The ARF 116519 , movement and thickness aside, still has worse fit and finish compared to the noob counterpart. Horrible lugs and soft case shape.

I don't mind the movement and extra thickness but it's those reasons I had to switch to Noob

However for the 116500, does the ARF lack in fit in finish in the same way? I notice ARF has softer lugs than Noobs relatively sharp lugs in general

xylphz

3/1/24
Sorry to revive this old thread alive. Been using my ARF 116520 V2 Black Dial for years now. Still as good as new.

Any one have experience installed a CF or Noob 4130 equivalent aftermarket SS bezel on their ARF V2 116520 ?

Would like to hear some insights.