• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Does anyone still have an ARF Daytona that they are still happy with?

alvedon

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
30/12/14
Yes. My daily beater.
Somewhat modded though.
Thinner case, shortened pushers.

69207b64277ea57e89a6169c78e7575b.jpg

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
7750 has running seconds on 9

The ARF has an a7750 modified to run the seconds at the 6 o'clock sub-dial.

It also has a layer or two removed to make it thinner, but it gives up the chrono functions at the 9 and 3 o'clock sub-dials.

fredl187

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
17/5/14
I prefer the best of both world, with some gen parts…the chrono runs permanently most of the time and time keeping is spectacular ( I wish some of my gens were running like this movement )

3-B890-F39-6-A9-F-47-D8-BC69-BECB9-F547063.jpg

Reactions: Rolemars

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
I prefer the best of both world, with some gen parts…the chrono runs permanently most of the time and time keeping is spectacular ( I wish some of my gens were running like this movement )

Nice... if you consider that it is a fraction of the cost of a gen, but if it cost 3 or more times more than a stock ARF, is it really 3 or more times better?

guybythelake

13/7/14
Does the seconds function if the chrono still work with the pushers on ARF? Thanks

Swiss Maiden

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/9/19
After having owned my ARF 116500 for a few months and being so happy with it, I decided to buy the YG 116508 too when I saw it for sale here on the forum.

My 116500 has been slightly modded by me, I changed the rotor and removed the fake deco plate on the movement, greased the gaskets, and I'll do the same with the 116508.

The only real problem I had with the first watch was that the crown couldn't screw all the way down, however a cheap file set solved that quickly.

How come I chose the ARF over the noob?
Well, the ARF looks better out of the box, and that's really all I care about. I have never ever used the chrono on any of my other watches so that wasn't important at all for me.

Can you post a pic of your 116508? What dial does it have? Is it the "John Mayer" green dial? Is the font on the bezel accurate?

Some gold ARF models i've seen have a funky font, particularly visible on the "R" (although no seriff like the V1-V2 noobs).

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
Just got my QC pictures for ARF Daytona V2.

Already accepted the watch! Bezel engravings look good to me.

Daytona experts what do you think about the pushers? Are they still too long? I have no clue on Daytonas and can‘t see a difference between Noob and ARF pusher lenght anyway lol

I noticed the 3 and 9 o‘clock markers look like they are crooked, looking down. But then I searched instagram for a few gen pictures of the 116500 and even on gens they seem to look down. Maybe an optical illusion and my eyes playing tricks on me as the markers are near to the subdials circles :D

Anything else on this watch you would spot as a flaw? Anyway I already accepted it as I said.
Maybe the lugs being too round? The gen lugs seem to be more square-cut.

Rubberman

Forever young
Patron
Certified
9/12/17

Daytona experts what do you think about the pushers? Are they still too long? I have no clue on Daytonas and can‘t see a difference between Noob and ARF pusher lenght anyway lol

pushers are good length. AR fixed this few months back, together with better dial font color (red).

Reactions: bosaftw

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
When i had the choice, i just could have a watch where some parts didn't work, so i got the noob, but i did do some modding :) I just put a post up with my experiences on cheap easy mods https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...r-noob-daytona

If AFR comes out with a fully working Daytona.... Yeah, i'm going for it :)

Last edited:

2many2choose

Known Member
17/8/16
I'm about to order an ARF.

I never use a chronograph. If I do need to time something on a watch instead of Alexa / Siri I just use the bezel anyway.

I get why the Noob is popular - for many the inside of the watch is just as important than the outside. I know its a good movement, but the bottom line is if it does break, its going to be hard and expensive to resolve - and I don't have the expertise, or the intent of investing that much time and money into fixing it. Any watch smith can troubleshoot a 7750 clone. Couple that with the ARF being the winner on the outside, and its a no brainer for me.

I think I am coming to agree with this too, I have a couple of gen IWC chrono and never use the chrono. Got a noob Daytona mismatch with arf parts and also never used the chrono. People who ask with to look at my gen watch never seem to notice the subdials move except the 6 o'clock one. Been thinking of buying my next Daytona and leaning towards the arf.

Timewellspent

Renowned Member
2/4/13
South Florida
Arf makes great quality watches, wouldn’t be suprised if they come out with a 4130 movement soon. They came out with the sh 3135 and now with the new gmt 116710 movement also.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Arf makes great quality watches, wouldn’t be suprised if they come out with a 4130 movement soon. They came out with the sh 3135 and now with the new gmt 116710 movement also.

One can only hope :) and I’m waiting on ARF to release 126710 Pepsi. After seeing and feeling the quality of ARF, I’m done with noob

xxBlack

5/9/19
Bavaria, Germany
I have a Noob Daytona with CF Bezel and now ordered an ARF V2. Want to change the Dial and some links of the Bracelet with the clasp. Is there anyway to not have gaps when you change the complete bracelet? Gen Springbars? Or is to change some links the better option? What about a gen Gasket?

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17

I noticed the 3 and 9 o‘clock markers look like they are crooked, looking down. But then I searched instagram for a few gen pictures of the 116500 and even on gens they seem to look down. Maybe an optical illusion and my eyes playing tricks on me as the markers are near to the subdials circles :D

Anything else on this watch you would spot as a flaw? Anyway I already accepted it as I said.
Maybe the lugs being too round? The gen lugs seem to be more square-cut.

New dial from ARF have counters more fat, identical to gen. Before they was too thin...

josmcg

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/3/18
I have been wearing my ARF daily for almost 2 years now. No problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cassapanca

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/12/16
I love my arf 116520 white dial.. when I received it I didn’t like the rotor noise and how it fit on the wrist. The caseback is thicker than gen and I didn’t like it. I sent it to harleysta for a full service, a gen caseback and a new rotor (the arf rotor doesn’t fit the gen caseback).. now I really love it

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk