• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Does anyone still have an ARF Daytona that they are still happy with?

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
A year and a half ago, the ARF Daytona was the best and most popular Daytona on this forum by far.
Members posted many pictures showing the quality and how good it looked.
Many forum members waited a while to get the limited supply of these watches.

IMG_3083.JPG

The Chronograph function was limited as the hour and minute sub-dials did not work.
Some said that the Chinese a7750 movement was problematic. Some just stopped working.
Some members replaced the rotor to quiet it and to get better power reserve.

About a year ago the Noob Daytona was released with a new Chinese clone 4130 movement.
By August it became the most popular Daytona because of the better movement with a fully functioning Chronograph.
ARF released a V2 Daytona last August with minor improvements, but it didn't get near as much attention as the 4130 Noob.
Now many forum members were waiting to get the limited supply of these new Noob watches.

Many said that the quality of Noob Dial, Bezel, and Bracelet where not as good as the ARF.
But they were still happy to pay $200 more for the new working Chronograph movement.

Some started modifying the new Noob by changing the Dials, Bezels, or Bracelets to ARF or to Gen parts.
Those that were able to get individual parts before ARF stopped selling them were able to do this at a fairly reasonable price.
Some are now buying an ARF and a Noob watch to combine the best parts.
The end result would be a $1000 to $1200 or more for a Noob 4130 that has the quality and looks of a $500 ARF.

So the question is...
At less than half the price of a modified Noob, Is the ARF a good chose if you are willing to give up a fully functional Chronograph for the better ARF quality.
And ... Does anyone still have an ARF Daytona that they are still happy with?

I know that all Replicas have some compromise, but is the a7750 just too much of a compromise in this case?

IMG_3119.JPG

For the average price now of a Noob modified with AR Factory parts, you could get 2 ARFs...
IMG_2403.JPG

b1ae3976adc51616dc99aa84e383fb11.jpg

Last edited:

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
I prefer ARF.

Better quality bracelet, crystal clarity is better.

gianttg

Renowned Member
11/4/15
most call out for daytona is pusher imho
So I prefer Noob
Never use chono!!!

most I need is ARF bracelet that fit NOOB which is no exist yet
bezel dial is not need imho

If ARF can provide the pusher like Noob, I will go with ARF definitely
but now Noob for me

Reactions: KJ2020

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
most call out for daytona is pusher imho
So I prefer Noob
Never use chono!!!

most I need is ARF bracelet that fit NOOB which is no exist yet
bezel dial is not need imho

If ARF can provide the pusher like Noob, I will go with ARF definitely
but now Noob for me

I know the V1 pushers were way too long. I think that ARF made the pushers shorter after V2?
Do the pushers in the pictures posted above still look too long to you?

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
Interesting what the comments on this will be, I'e been dwelling on this for a long time, until a couple of weeks ago I decided on the ARF as I never use the chrono function, however it's taken nearly 2 weeks for me to try and get payment to my chosen TD And as I'm still having issues I'm almost at the stage at cancelling the order and trying to get a CC payment through with another one, so again I'm wondering have I made the right choice going for the ARF

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
I know the V1 pushers were way too long. I think that ARF made the pushers shorter after V2?
Do the pushers in the pictures posted above still look too long to you?

Yes

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Interesting what the comments on this will be, I'e been dwelling on this for a long time, until a couple of weeks ago I decided on the ARF as I never use the chrono function, however it's taken nearly 2 weeks for me to try and get payment to my chosen TD And as I'm still having issues I'm almost at the stage at cancelling the order and trying to get a CC payment through with another one, so again I'm wondering have I made the right choice going for the ARF

Try getting your CC payment pre-approved from your bank. I can do that online with my bank, I just specify an amount and a country and it's good for 24 hours. No vendor info needed. Not had a payment declined since, they usually go through in less than an hour.

Calibre16

31/1/12
After having owned my ARF 116500 for a few months and being so happy with it, I decided to buy the YG 116508 too when I saw it for sale here on the forum.

My 116500 has been slightly modded by me, I changed the rotor and removed the fake deco plate on the movement, greased the gaskets, and I'll do the same with the 116508.

The only real problem I had with the first watch was that the crown couldn't screw all the way down, however a cheap file set solved that quickly.

How come I chose the ARF over the noob?
Well, the ARF looks better out of the box, and that's really all I care about. I have never ever used the chrono on any of my other watches so that wasn't important at all for me.

Reactions: tbtheone1

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Well, the ARF looks better out of the box, and that's really all I care about. I have never ever used the chrono on any of my other watches so that wasn't important at all for me.

I also have several other chrono watches and other than just trying it to see if it works, I never really ever use the chornos either.

That's why I'm asking the question in this thread...

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
I am not into using chronos on any rep.... I was very happy with my ARF Daytona, and if I had the choice today I would buy another one without a second thought.

CHEMICALMAN

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/7/17
After having owned my ARF 116500 for a few months and being so happy with it, I decided to buy the YG 116508 too when I saw it for sale here on the forum.

My 116500 has been slightly modded by me, I changed the rotor and removed the fake deco plate on the movement, greased the gaskets, and I'll do the same with the 116508.

The only real problem I had with the first watch was that the crown couldn't screw all the way down, however a cheap file set solved that quickly.

Is the rotor swap a DIY? Mine loud and fair only reserve

Sent from the RWI App

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
I wonder can black dial from arf can be shaven inorder to fit it to the noob?

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
I'm about to order an ARF.

I never use a chronograph. If I do need to time something on a watch instead of Alexa / Siri I just use the bezel anyway.

I get why the Noob is popular - for many the inside of the watch is just as important than the outside. I know its a good movement, but the bottom line is if it does break, its going to be hard and expensive to resolve - and I don't have the expertise, or the intent of investing that much time and money into fixing it. Any watch smith can troubleshoot a 7750 clone. Couple that with the ARF being the winner on the outside, and its a no brainer for me.

danno7778

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
11/5/19
It all comes down to how desperate you are to have the fully functioning chrono facility. If you don't need it, then the ARF represents far better value for money, as it is the better watch overall. Personally, I never use the chrono on any of my watches, and if I was buying a Daytona, I would go for the ARF every time.

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
is there ANY plans for the ARF to enable the chrono soon ?

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Enjoying my ARF 116500 v2 as we speak..... don't care about working chronos so this is perfect. The bracelet is also the best I have ever seen on a rep.

thumbsarehandy

I'm Pretty Popular
26/4/17
Enjoying mine very much.

Never use the chrono. Don’t care about the the pushers being too long or the lugs being uneven in thickness.

Love the quality and sparkle.

Only 2 downsides are:
1. case back thickness. Not only does it look odd (watch sits too high) but also it digs into the wrist.

2. rotor is too light. Watch doesn’t wind on a winder.

Those two problems could have been avoided by having the watch come without the ridiculous deco plate. Who needs a deco plate on a closed case back?