• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Franken Daytona - does it make sense?

cistiman

Horology Curious
26/4/19
Hi all! My first post here after few weeks of lurking... So apologies if I do anything wrong ;)

After reading loads of stuff in here, I was planning to go Franken on a Daytona.

Plan is:
- Buy a Noob Daytona 116500 SS/SS White
- Buy a ARF Daytona 116500LN SS/SS WhiteAsia
- Go to a watchsmith and get the Noob movement on the ARD parts... And since I am there, get the Arf movement on the Noob parts
- Sell the Noob watch with ARF movement

Only thing I wonder is, as I am no expert... Is it possible to assemble the Noob movement on the ARF watch parts? And viceversa?

Thanks and apologies for the newbie questions :)

Benchok

Looking Around
18/4/19
Hi cistiman,

according to experienced members here, it's much easier, to upgrade the Noob watch with the dial and the bezel of the ARF. Your watchsmith just has to shave a bit of the dial and that's it. I think switching the movement is much more difficult.

​​​​​​Cheers

hibee999

20/10/15
No doesn’t make sense, the movements can’t be swapped simply. Easier to put an ARF dial and bezel on noob base watch. This would be great but wouldn’t be franken (which means there are genuine parts)

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

hibee999

20/10/15
No doesn’t make sense, the movements can’t be swapped simply. Easier to put an ARF dial and bezel on noob base watch. This would be great but wouldn’t be franken (which means there are genuine parts)

cistiman

Horology Curious
26/4/19

Thanks so much man
Very clear

Reactions: hibee999

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
A franken watch has gen parts on it, like dial, hands crystal crown etc.

Using a noob movement in an ARF case will require a min of 6-8 h work. A normal watchmaker cannot do it. You need a modder.

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk

nonox

30/3/12
Is it possible to fit arf bracelet on noob case ?

If it’s possible the idea to buy both watch is not stupid.
A noob base with arf bezel, dial an bracelet will make a stunning watch. For a little more than 1000$

You can sell the rest of the parts on m2m, stock parts are probably easy to sell

nonox

30/3/12
Oups maybe i forgot the price to mod arf dial to fit on noob case

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Is it possible to fit arf bracelet on noob case ?

If it’s possible the idea to buy both watch is not stupid.
A noob base with arf bezel, dial an bracelet will make a stunning watch. For a little more than 1000$

Or for $1000 you could buy two stunning looking ARFs?

ahk

Horology Curious
2/6/18

Does the ARF ceramic bezel insert fit the noob 2.2 though?

Sent from the RWI App

ahk

Horology Curious
2/6/18
Yes, if you can find one.

weird, I’m chatting with my dealer in Hong Kong right now and he says they cannot be swapped. The ARF won’t fit the noob according to him (I’m asking him to get that for me).

Sent from the RWI App

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
weird, I’m chatting with my dealer in Hong Kong right now and he says they cannot be swapped. The ARF won’t fit the noob according to him (I’m asking him to get that for me).

Sent from the RWI App

If you do some reading here, you will find many Members have swapped ARF Bezels onto Noobs.
But that's why the AR Factory has stopped selling Daytona Bezels as a separate part.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...vs-arf-daytona