• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob VS JF SUB 114060 (no date)

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Hi guys. I thought there is only Noob V8 version which im not so satisfied with but today I saw JF version which seem to be better. At least on pics and video on pure time. Its also more expensive. Can you tell me your opinions before I pull the trigger? TIA

Reactions: 944matteo94

944matteo94

Known Member
8/8/16
Hi guys. I thought there is only Noob V8 version which im not so satisfied with but today I saw JF version which seem to be better. At least on pics and video on pure time. Its also more expensive. Can you tell me your opinions before I pull the trigger? TIA
I'm curious too! I'd like to buy the no date, in theory it should be a super rep

Inviato dal mio vivo NEX S utilizzando Tapatalk

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
I'm curious too! I'd like to buy the no date, in theory it should be a super rep

I never heard that watch is super rep. I was hoping for V9 by Noob but this JF could be what im looking for I dont lnow yet. I guess someone will tell us :)

phdsjain

I'm Pretty Popular
6/3/14
JF case has wrong lugs and crown guards. Rehaut engraving is a fail too. I think the best 114060 is the BP, also reviewed by smoke some time last year. Needs a new bezel assembly as the BP bezel is a mess BUT the BP case is not gen-spec so installation of any other rep or gen parts will need work of a skilled modder.

Best is to put up a WTB for a Noob V7 SA3130 114060 and add a Clean Factory bezel to it.

phdsjain

I'm Pretty Popular
6/3/14

The best a Rolex rep will ever be is NWBIG, never a super rep in my honest opinion.

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
JF case has wrong lugs and crown guards. Rehaut engraving is a fail too. I think the best 114060 is the BP, also reviewed by smoke some time last year. Needs a new bezel assembly as the BP bezel is a mess BUT the BP case is not gen-spec so installation of any other rep or gen parts will need work of a skilled modder.

Best is to put up a WTB for a Noob V7 SA3130 114060 and add a Clean Factory bezel to it.

I just saw CF bezel on pure time. What you think about it? And you advise me to go with Noob? Cheers

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe

Is V7 the best? There is V8

phdsjain

I'm Pretty Popular
6/3/14
Is V7 the best? There is V8

V8 is offered only with the A2836 therefore incorrect crown position and crown guard shape. SEL is unfortunately flush as well.

V7 SA3130 is the one to go for. Later batches inadvertently came with the V6S bracelets. Smoke had verified the bracelet code. It was noted somewhere on Repgeek in 2017.

Even if you get the flush SEL V7, you can add an ARF Sub bracelet available for $170-180.

Last edited:

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
phdsjain Thanks man! One more question please. Where can I find ARF bracelet and maybe to change crystal what you think? Also can SH3130 fit? Thats better than SA3130 right? Thanks in advance I really appreciate your help man

phdsjain

I'm Pretty Popular
6/3/14
phdsjain Thanks man! One more question please. Where can I find ARF bracelet and maybe to change crystal what you think? Also can SH3130 fit? Thats better than SA3130 right? Thanks in advance I really appreciate your help man

Pure time, ToroBravo, InTime, ask your favorite TD if they can get the ARF bracelet.

Changing the crystal IMO is futile. Both rep and gen crystals have no AR. Noob crystal is good enough. Different story if you're going the franken route.

SH3130 will fit the SA3130 case. I wouldn't spend on the movement unless the SA is broken. If it is, get a serviced SH with gen reversing wheels.

My pleasure!

Reactions: Itto and Cadows

944matteo94

Known Member
8/8/16
I never heard that watch is super rep. I was hoping for V9 by Noob but this JF could be what im looking for I dont lnow yet. I guess someone will tell us :)
I don't remember where I had read it was a super reps, but I understood that being without date, and it was easier to do "equal to the original" Is in list of Page super reps like "non-exhaustive"

Last edited:
Reactions: Kazeviur and Cadows

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
phdsjain Can I ask one more question please? Since ive found gen dial can I go with Noob V9 date or ARF, will gen dial fit 3135?

phdsjain

I'm Pretty Popular
6/3/14
phdsjain Can I ask one more question please? Since ive found gen dial can I go with Noob V9 date or ARF, will gen dial fit 3135?

Happy to help!

I'd go with the Noob V9 SA3135, watch for the SEL on QC and you're golden. Gen dial and hands will be a straight swap.

Reactions: Cadows

saliansw6

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/10/18
What would you guys say straight from the TD is the best no-date though, without any mods after? From this thread im guessing the V7 Noob

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
I think ill go with this:
1. Noob V9 case
2. Gen dial
3. Gen hands
4. CF bezel
5. Gen cwown/tube
6. ARF bracelet
7. Crystal from a guy from this forum
8. SH3135 movement

If there is smt I forgot or should be added please feel free tu suggest.

phdsjain

I'm Pretty Popular
6/3/14
If you're going all the way, might as well opt for the gen bezel. It's worth it.

I'd also have the SH3135 serviced and gen reversing wheels added at the least. Gen autowind if budget allows.

Good luck and can't wait to see the build!

Reactions: Cadows and XLR8R

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
If you're going all the way, might as well opt for the gen bezel. It's worth it.

I'd also have the SH3135 serviced and gen reversing wheels added at the least. Gen autowind if budget allows.

Good luck and can't wait to see the build!

I wanted to ask you last time what reversing wheels is but I thought id be too boring. Isnt SH3135 servicing expensive?

phdsjain

I'm Pretty Popular
6/3/14
I wanted to ask you last time what reversing wheels is but I thought id be too boring. Isnt SH3135 servicing expensive?

The movement is a crapshoot if not serviced. You'll have to eventually so might as well at the same time you're installing gen hands and dial.

Gen reversing wheels are $80 and thereabouts. The winding is much smoother with them. I am not sure of the entirety of the benefits but Mike strongly recommended them.