• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

new sub bezel on puretime

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
The link doesn't work for me. I need one, as the pearl came off my ARF the second time I wore it, so I might as well buy a new bezel (+insert).

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
well i placed a order. anyone else pull the trigger?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I did but as you pointed out it wont fit my vrf lol. So much for itchy fingers. I hope the insert can be used in the vrf bezel.

JimmyTheGent

Horology Curious
18/12/18
New Jersey
I did but as you pointed out it wont fit my vrf lol. So much for itchy fingers. I hope the insert can be used in the vrf bezel.

ive owned from the noob v6 up to the arf3135 and vrf3135 ( stock and with gen bezel assembly) and theres a notable difference when it comes to bezels. In my experience, this is what you will find: When you go to pop the bezel off, the crystal will come off with it, this is common with noob and vrf 3135 models ( i cannot speak for others off the top) On gen-type constructs the bezel will come off over the clamping ring which is a lot easier to deal with if you have the correct replacement. If the crystal comes off with the bezel that means the retaining clamp was installed after the bezel and you will have a hard time getting a gen (spec) bezel assebly to seat properly. You can put a gen spec on first then insert the ring and press fit it, but the bezel will be too tight and won't rotate. If you do this in reverse (noob/vrf bezel with gen/arf ring) you will find that the bezel does not press on securely and will "float" atop the click spring bearings.
What i have found that works in short- ARF type ring with a Gen spec bezel. Install the ring then the bezel will hand fit over the crystal with minimal effort and retain operation. Make sure the thin gasket is fitted in the bezel before installation.

This is a crude description but if you have handled these specific pieces you will know what i'm talking about. Bottom line- we need to know if this bezel assembly fits like a gen or like a BP/Noob/VRF bezel and that can give us an idea of what approach needs to be taken. As a side note- i never had any luck removing a gen/arf insert from the bezel as it is friction fitted (like gen). The VRF is glued and ceramic is thicker( 2 piece- thicker ring and insert), ARF is 3 pieces (bezel, friction ring, insert) i got an ARF apart but it shattered in the process. I bought my gen bezel assembly complete and tried fitting it on a VRF and ARF case and this is what i concluded

Last edited:
Reactions: xartan

Jpme

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/2/19
Seattle, Wa USA
ive owned from the noob v6 up to the arf3135 and vrf3135 ( stock and with gen bezel assembly) and theres a notable difference when it comes to bezels. In my experience, this is what you will find: When you go to pop the bezel off, the crystal will come off with it, this is common with noob and vrf 3135 models ( i cannot speak for others off the top) On gen-type constructs the bezel will come off over the clamping ring which is a lot easier to deal with if you have the correct replacement. If the crystal comes off with the bezel that means the retaining clamp was installed after the bezel and you will have a hard time getting a gen (spec) bezel assebly to seat properly. You can put a gen spec on first then insert the ring and press fit it, but the bezel will be too tight and won't rotate. If you do this in reverse (noob/vrf bezel with gen/arf ring) you will find that the bezel does not press on securely and will "float" atop the click spring bearings.
What i have found that works in short- ARF type ring with a Gen spec bezel. Install the ring then the bezel will hand fit over the crystal with minimal effort and retain operation. Make sure the thin gasket is fitted in the bezel before installation.

This is a crude description but if you have handled these specific pieces you will know what i'm talking about. Bottom line- we need to know if this bezel assembly fits like a gen or like a BP/Noob/VRF bezel and that can give us an idea of what approach needs to be taken. As a side note- i never had any luck removing a gen/arf insert from the bezel as it is friction fitted (like gen). The VRF is glued and ceramic is thicker( 2 piece- thicker ring and insert), ARF is 3 pieces (bezel, friction ring, insert) i got an ARF apart but it shattered in the process. I bought my gen bezel assembly complete and tried fitting it on a VRF and ARF case and this is what i concluded

After putting the CF bezel on my Noobv9, I can share the the problem isn’t the Noob retaining ring but the Noob bezel.

As you described, the Noob crystal, gasket, retainer ring and bezel all came off at once. My BP 114060 did the same thing.

However, the CF bezel snapped on the Noob and BP retainer ring. Inversely, it popped off with like gen when I removed it. So the bezels on BP and Noob are the problem.

Note, folks with v7 and v8 Noobs are indicating that they don’t have to sand down their retainer rings to make the CF bezel fit.

I and other v9 owners had to sand down our retainer rings to 2.28mm to make the bezel sit flush. This is the same process you need to fit a gen bezel on a Noob retainer ring.

I don’t have a V7/8 to compare retainer rings with the V9 but they must be different...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk