• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Who is the best US Daytona modder and recommended mods?

m120

Known Member
Patron
Certified
28/9/18
USA
Hello All,

I have a ARF V2 Daytona 116500 and a Noob V2.2 with new black dial) on the way. I’m planning on switching out the bezels, and bracelets. Unfortunately my motor skills are not up to par to risk damaging the watches - so I am looking for a modder who really knows the Daytonas (4130s and ceramic bezels sound like they can be a bit delicate if not done right).

So who would you recommend to work on them (in the US?)

Outside of bezel and bracelet swap any other recommended mods that are really worth the money (for the Noob)? I was thinking maybe a waterproofing? Is it really possible to get reps waterproof enough to swim etc in?

Crystals? Has anyone noticed a difference in quality between the Noob and ARF Daytona crystals? I know crystal upgrade on subs is pretty much a no brainer but is it needed on the Daytona?

Any other advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated

m120

Known Member
Patron
Certified
28/9/18
USA
Thanks! Anyone else have recommendations as well?

I have been hearing mixed info on swapping bracelets. Does anyone know if it can be done with this models/if so how?

rolexlover101

Known Member
29/12/18
The ARF bracelet won't fit your Noob.. You can take the ARF claps and use your stock Noob bracelet...then swap over the ARF bezel and call it the day.
Just contact the # I gave you and inquire..He's really fast. Also recommend swapping out the Prof 2xar crystals while you're at it. And while he's in there, ask him to grease all your seals. I wouldn't swim in the Daytona rep. Too many "openings" but it's just me.
Costs a little more coins but beats the heck out of 13k gen and 5 plus year wait time... (or 21k if u want it "now") :)

BTW, have they "made it" through customs? I have 2 watches stuck (or "gone" rather) via Chicago customs. Been there since 3/29/2019.

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Can you pm me the info as well? Thinking of doing a similar job...

wrightp748

Horology Curious
26/4/19
The ARF bracelet won't fit your Noob.. You can take the ARF claps and use your stock Noob bracelet...then swap over the ARF bezel and call it the day.
Just contact the # I gave you and inquire..He's really fast. Also recommend swapping out the Prof 2xar crystals while you're at it. And while he's in there, ask him to grease all your seals. I wouldn't swim in the Daytona rep. Too many "openings" but it's just me.
Costs a little more coins but beats the heck out of 13k gen and 5 plus year wait time... (or 21k if u want it "now") :)

BTW, have they "made it" through customs? I have 2 watches stuck (or "gone" rather) via Chicago customs. Been there since 3/29/2019.

Can you pm me as well ? I need some mods done to my arf and noob Daytona as well, thanks

Sent from the RWI App