• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

purchase help regarding black sub and hulk sub!

img11

Horology Curious
13/2/19
good afternoon all,
i have been browsing the forum a while now and i'm ready to now make my first purchases which i can not wait for. after a lot of reading regarding the original first watch i had wanted which was the yacht master with the rhodium dial, i have now decided to go for the submariner after trying on a friends genuine sub and straight away i loved the black bezel against the silver, and the watch felt amazing

ideally i am looking for the best models 'out of the box' to wear for a black submariner, and the hulk sub which i have chosen because it seems as though this is the most covered/bought watch on the forum and that being said, the availability, updates, quality especially of this model i can not complain for a rep watch. i know that there are some flaws but i can live with this for the price tag.

my current findings and research from the forum have brought me to two versions that i have found to be the best out of the box variations of these watches but i hope that someone can guide me in my decision if i am wrong.

the first is the ARF sub 116610 with the A2824 movement over the SA3135. i have read through 'most of' the huge thread on this watch which for anyone that hasn't is here
https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/rolex-tudor-replicas/6714456-arf-116610-904l-2824/page181

explaining in detail this watch and why this is the one to go for at the moment, some of the photos uploaded on wrist shots i cant believe how good these are. here is a link to the watch in question

https://puretime.io/submariner-1166...-edition-904l-ss-case-and-bracelet-a2824.html

the second watch that i wish to purchase is the submariner hulk. again after a little research, it seems as though the arf version is more superior to the noob v9? here is the link below to this watch with the same movement.
https://puretime.io/submariner-1166...-edition-904l-ss-case-and-bracelet-a2824.html

and here is the noob version i am looking at
https://puretime.io/submariner-1166...ition-904l-ss-case-and-bracelet-a2836-v9.html

as mentioned above, if anyone has any input or advice on what are the best versions/models to go for out of the box with no modding, for these two watches, i would greatly appreciate it and hope that in a short while i can pull the trigger on these two watches!

thank you

Reactions: Vox Optimatium

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Have you read any of those? If so, you should have the answer as you don’t want to modify them.

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
I’ve read tons of topics and pages and compared photos and what not. I’ve come to the conclusion that there is no answer to your question about which is the best ootb sub.

Ultimately it comes down to what flaws you can live with. Each has it pros and cons.

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
I had the same dillema for hulk, first i've read the arf was the best, then vrf was the best, then i was lost, read a lot of thread and then i've ended to not buy the beloved hulk.
I'll follow this thread for the best ootb hulk.

Reactions: Vox Optimatium

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
Idk man, the Hulk is a really difficult subject.

At the moment i tend to recommend the v9 - or get an arf, djf, some ebay insert, possibly some other stuff and come up with something like this:

=)

Reactions: img11

chinesemoola

Looking Around
15/4/19
What about the black sub? ARF or Noob 2824 or 3135? I'm also in the market for the best OOTB 116610.

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Good comp thread, but what about vrf max vs vrf? There's a diff?

img11

Horology Curious
13/2/19
@Itto i think i am set on the ARF sub 116610 with the A2824 movement over the SA3135 for the black sub, i know this is a hugely covered topic, and sometimes i know that those who have been on the forum for a while don't really like answering the same question over and over again.

like you say it is the hulk that i am quite stuck on. in an ideal world, i understand that 'the best out of the box' really does depend on opinion. after doing some more research on the hulk and making a decision based on a few threads, and this one...

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...-vrf-max-2836-with-prof-crystal-many-pictures

i now unfortunately can't un-see the flaws that the arf hulk has, and when compared to the v9 hulk. i think ill choose this one as ultimately, i think the most important part is being happy with the flaws that exist on each watch, the noob does look fantastic on some of the photos i have seen. iv'e even seen some really nice examples of noob v7 hulks.

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
It is exactly like you said, it boils down to with what flaws one can live and overall we should just be happy with the watch. I am wearing a v5 at the moment - and i love it!

And i'm a huge fan of the DJF Subs for example. Perhaps i am the only one but personally i really like them. :)

img11

Horology Curious
13/2/19
Itto exactly, i think ill just choose the above and go with those, as i feel after the reading and research i have done on them i will still be happy with the purchase. i think i remember seeing a photo of yours on this thread https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...hulk-owners-club-post-em-if-you-got-em/page74

if it is the v5 you've got on in the photos, i must admit if i received mine and it looked anything like that i would be really happy with it!

cassapanca

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/12/16
I have ordered an insert from ebay and a prof crystal and I think I will buy a noob v9..

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: Vvvlllooo

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
Itto exactly, i think ill just choose the above and go with those, as i feel after the reading and research i have done on them i will still be happy with the purchase. i think i remember seeing a photo of yours on this thread https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...hulk-owners-club-post-em-if-you-got-em/page74

if it is the v5 you've got on in the photos, i must admit if i received mine and it looked anything like that i would be really happy with it!

That was / is a djf v2 with an aftermarket insert from ebay. Also not the best or most expensive watch, has its flaws but also its advantages ;)

img11

Horology Curious
13/2/19
im just looking at the noob v9 from ryan at intime as i have been notified that the visa payment gateway at puretime is down for some reason but i can see that this particular version is on a pre order?
another thing to note, when looking at the photos on Ryans album for this watch, there is no plastic case where was there is on Puretime. Does Ryan ship the watch out in the same plastic casing? i think its just the shipping casing that is the same as original?

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
im just looking at the noob v9 from ryan at intime as i have been notified that the visa payment gateway at puretime is down for some reason but i can see that this particular version is on a pre order?
another thing to note, when looking at the photos on Ryans album for this watch, there is no plastic case where was there is on Puretime. Does Ryan ship the watch out in the same plastic casing? i think its just the shipping casing that is the same as original?

noobs get the plastic on the case..arf you get the arf plastic coffin

Reactions: img11

irwit

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/1/19
I've done a lot of reading too and last week I ordered an arf hulk. QC pics looked great and it should arrive towards the end of this week. From my reading, if you want to mod get the noob, if not, get the arf! I feel like you already know this and are looking for some reassurance so thought I would share my own purchase with you. Either watch will be a fake. Either watch will look fantastic! You can't choose a wrong or worse version at this level from my own reading. I have a black bay rep too which is awesome :)

Reactions: Vvvlllooo

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
I've done a lot of reading too and last week I ordered an arf hulk. QC pics looked great and it should arrive towards the end of this week. From my reading, if you want to mod get the noob, if not, get the arf! I feel like you already know this and are looking for some reassurance so thought I would share my own purchase with you. Either watch will be a fake. Either watch will look fantastic! You can't choose a wrong or worse version at this level from my own reading. I have a black bay rep too which is awesome :)

Great advice, yes

Renowned Member
9/12/18
Good comp thread, but what about vrf max vs vrf? There's a diff?

From what I read, not much different, just the 907 steel and the movement.

The insert and dial look great on both version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SHB