• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[QC] So I took the plunge and got a 116500 Noob V2. Would appreciate the extra pair of eyes! Thanks!

Zofz013

Horology Curious
14/3/19
Hi guys,

this is my first Rolex rep so Im a little more careful. Plus its quite a large sum for a rep!

Here are my initial thoughts...
1. Most of the watch looks ok, the markers seem aligned,
2. the coronets look ok. (im still learning... if you spot anything, please let me know!)
3. subdial thickness seem acceptable

Area of concern:
My biggest "eyesore" is the SEL gap on the top left and bottom right. I am unsure if this warrants me to get another piece.

I know there has been much talk about the SEL gap. But I want to know, for Noob watches, is this something that's usual? Ive gone to search previous posts + been scrolling through reddit for the past hour. nothing seems as big an SEL gap as this. or maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me.

Ive seen many members here offer really insightful QC opinions and was hoping to get some too. Do let me know what you think? cheers!

Thanks!

hm11esh

4/9/18
Hi guys,

this is my first Rolex rep so Im a little more careful. Plus its quite a large sum for a rep!

Here are my initial thoughts...
1. Most of the watch looks ok, the markers seem aligned,
2. the coronets look ok. (im still learning... if you spot anything, please let me know!)
3. subdial thickness seem acceptable

Area of concern:
My biggest "eyesore" is the SEL gap on the top left and bottom right. I am unsure if this warrants me to get another piece.

I know there has been much talk about the SEL gap. But I want to know, for Noob watches, is this something that's usual? Ive gone to search previous posts + been scrolling through reddit for the past hour. nothing seems as big an SEL gap as this. or maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me.

Ive seen many members here offer really insightful QC opinions and was hoping to get some too. Do let me know what you think? cheers!

Thanks!

its a macro picture, you wont notice it when its on your wrist. if it bothers you that much then shim the side with a layer of tape

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
You will probably be more annoyed when you received the watch and find the rotor is damn loud and the bracelet feels cheap. But not something you can't fix though. But the Noob Daytona is a fine watch overall. I would wear mine and occasionally play around with the chronograph. Just because I can. :)

iwantaprettywatch

Known Member
1/8/16
You will probably be more annoyed when you received the watch and find the rotor is damn loud and the bracelet feels cheap. But not something you can't fix though. But the Noob Daytona is a fine watch overall. I would wear mine and occasionally play around with the chronograph. Just because I can. :)

I honestly wonder what is it when people say a bracelet feels cheap. I guess i'll know when i compare my noob daytona when it comes with a gen bracelet.

Neo_one

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
19/3/19
Rotor is silent. ARF has the noisy rotor. The V1 Daytona bracelet with 316 steel was cheap. I bought a separate 904L bracelet later and it feels so much better. More weight to it, no rattle and much better polish.
​​​​Yours is a 904L so I wouldn't worry about the bracelet hopefully.

Reactions: GMT1675

Zofz013

Horology Curious
14/3/19
thank you everyone for your kind replies. I really appreciate all your insights! I have gone ahead to accept the watch. Will post pics of it when it finally arrives on my doorstep! Cheers! =)

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
I won't get the Noob until they at least fix the Bezel. To me is wrong and is in plain sight..

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Wraithier

19/6/16
I won't get the Noob until they at least fix the Bezel. To me is wrong and is in plain sight..

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I disagree, previously the wrong size subdials was in "plain sight" and could be spotted across the room. The bezel, while obviously incorrect isn't as easy to spot. I personally am not letting anyone close enough to my wrist so that they could say "the serif on that bezel font is slightly off on the "R", that's fake." :rofl:

I'd get this one and if Noob improves the bezel source the updated one, you never know the next version they'll surely mess something else up. It's still a fraction of the cost of the gen, and you can actually find them.

Zofz013

Horology Curious
14/3/19
I sometimes suspect they keep messing things up so sales are kept afloat.

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
I honestly wonder what is it when people say a bracelet feels cheap. I guess i'll know when i compare my noob daytona when it comes with a gen bracelet.

What I meant by cheap is that when I first got my watch, the clasp was making squeaky noise when I dangled it. I did the same with my gen GMT and it wasn't making that noise. Hence feels cheap. But its not something you can't fix. I basically washed it under running water with some soap and the sound is pretty much gone.