• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Datejust 41 ARF - Rejecting based on QC pics. Am I right?

northerner_uk

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/9/18
Can you confirm my concerns about this datewheel please.
  • Very/too BOLD font (even compared to images on website)
  • Date is low in frame
  • Cyclops is at odd angle - I could live with this if the other two issues were fine.
I hate rejecting for minor reasons but this is a bit too obvious for me.

Am I correct?

VCw0VZ.md.jpg

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I don't see anything wrong with the Cyclops the upper and lower edges are parallel to the edges of the date window. The font is very bold but you will likely get one just like it from a watch in the same batch. It does sit low in the window, I can see rejecting it for that. Fixing it requires removal of hands and dial, not something one should have to do right away on a new watch.

Reactions: northerner_uk

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
This happened to me when I ordered the ARF DJ41 from the Intime. Saw the very thick DW text and rejected that. Asked Ryan to make sure to get another one with thinner DW text and the second one was much better. Kinda look like the one I ordered a few weeks ago. Haha. Is this from Intime?

northerner_uk

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/9/18
This happened to me when I ordered the ARF DJ41 from the Intime. Saw the very thick DW text and rejected that. Asked Ryan to make sure to get another one with thinner DW text and the second one was much better. Kinda look like the one I ordered a few weeks ago. Haha. Is this from Intime?

It's not from Intime.

Somewhat frustrating because I did mention upon ordering that I specifically wanted a thin font Datewheel, as I'd seem a mix of thin/thick on here. I've rejected & made this point again politely.

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
It's not from Intime.

Somewhat frustrating because I did mention upon ordering that I specifically wanted a thin font Datewheel, as I'd seem a mix of thin/thick on here. I've rejected & made this point again politely.

Ya, this is a frustrating hobby at times. I also did tell TD to make sure DW text is thin and my YM bezel to be aligned. When the QC came back, same thing. Had to ask them to issue another. My YM bezel was grossly misaligned. If i can use that word even. But I did learn to correct it myself after getting some good advice from a member here. Went about to remove the bezel and fixed the darn misalignment and was successful at it too.

I guess the bezel was easy fix. I haven't got the courage to mess with the movement and DW yet.

All I can say is try another watch and see if that has a better text.

Reactions: KJ2020

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
Frustrating is to be a TD...
Most of you are looking for (more than) perfection when buying few hundreds $ of fake watch...
*sigh*

Well, you can kinda blame those members who brought up the font issue in the first place. If it weren't for them then we wouldn't have known any better. :)

Reactions: northerner_uk