• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My new ARF 126600 V3 has just arrived

tamango

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/11/09
Today I received my new ARF 126600 SD43 v3, bought from PT, with excelent communication and customer service as always, shipping to Spain took 17 days including a little detour to UK (scheduled)

Packaging was great, I like the ARF detail of providing the watch with the rolex service case, card with the s/n, etc.

After spending quite a bit of time removing all the protecting plastics, there goes my first impresions, specially comparing to a TC V6 maxidial that is (was) my daily beater

- The watch is simply amazing, couldn't be happier with it

- This is a heavy watch! I think it feels even heavier than my gen Tudor Big Block, maybe it is due to the "solid" feel of the watch, which brings me to the next point

- The feel is that this a solid watch, no looseness or rattling on the bracelet, most probably because it is new than anything else, but definitely the quality jump ahead from aluminum bezels to ceramic is more than noticeable

- At first sight it looked very tall, with the domed caseback and specially compared to the TC, and it is of course taller, but nothing outrageous at all, you get used to it in litteraly minutes.

- Size for me is perfect, I always had the feel that the TC, and the aluminum subs in general, looked small on my wrist at 39mm, and was a litlle afraid this one was going to be too big, but again my fears were totally unfounded

- Comparing to the TC side by side, the proportions on the SD43 looked much more "adequate" or "right", the TC looks like the dial/cristal is overly big and the bezel too thin, I also like the design of the lugs much more than the wider lugs of the regular ceramic subs

- As I prefer reliability over looks on the movement, I think the best choice is the A2824 I took, which will be replaced with a swiss 2824-2 -as it is a direct swap- when the asian movement fails

- Coming from the good ol' TC aluminum bezel's clasp, the new one is simply into another level, the feel, fit and finish, not too bulky, and the microadjuster, is, one word, perfect.

- The feel of the bezel teeth is a bit on the sharpy side, your fingers get a bit sticked to the bezel when you stroke it, dont know if this a thing of the ceramic subs, but I guess (hope) it will soften over time, clicking of the bezel seems spot on to me, but to be honest never touched a gen one

- Date font and lume looks ok to me, never been too picky about that, as this is something much more noticeable in pics than in real life, unless it is outrageosuly bad, of course

- I dont know if it is because of my tired eyesight, or that we are looking all day to macro pictures scratching little tiny details, but on my wrist the watch looks sharp and flawless, it is incredible the level reached by the manufacturers nowadays, I wouldn't dare to walk into any AD with my SD43 anytime

- In conclusion, a watch that is indistiguishable of the real deal, at 5% of the price, for me, is the bargain of the century

Now onto the pics, please forgive the quality, they were taken with the phone and in less than perfect light conditions

13stepper

10/3/19
Thank you for sharing, I’m waiting for the exact same model as well! Your satisfaction is encouraging as it sounds like you own some gens to.

I’ve owned the gen twice and the bezel teeth are sharp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mask415

24/1/19
UK
Looks great, I received mine a couple of days ago, had a slight problem with the bezel not sitting correctly.

Where did you get the box?

I ordered a box from in-time, not arrived yet, watch is from Puretime.

tamango

28/11/09
I got the box from some seller on dhgate, about 35 dollars free shipping, if you want and it is not against rules, I can post the url

christopher14

Horology Curious
25/3/19
Hello,
I am waiting for the same model from the same TD. Many thanks for your input. Enjoy your new watch!. If it is not against rules I would also like to know the link for the box!
Thanks
Chris

Mask415

24/1/19
UK
I'll have a look on dhgate, no problem about sending the link, thank you.

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
tamango Thanks for this. It looks great. Please share more photos

Mask415

24/1/19
UK
Thanks I've ordered one from intime so will be interesting to see the difference, they do supply you with the same serial number and model and manual for the correct model.

Can't seem to find any reviews of boxes on the site so could be a new topic.

Mask415

24/1/19
UK
I can't compare to the Noob, but the ARF SD43 is a very exact replica of the original, I have a couple of gen Rolex watches and it feels just like them, a little heavier than my batman.

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
I think Rolex made a mistake adding a cyclops to the SD. Still a gorgeous watch though.

Reactions: Mendota

tamango

28/11/09
Bad news guys, after just 4 days working good on my wrist, the watch stopped today, tried winding it, it offers usual winding resistance, moving date, it moves manually fine, hands also move manually fine, even tried hitting it softly, nothing worked, moving the hands manually with the crown and the date changes at 12 as it should, and I don't think hands are interfering each other also.

Well, I guess these things happens when you play this game, I'm not even thinking about sending it back to dealer, too much trouble and no real warranties, will go to a local watchsmith and hope is a simple fix, do a complete overhaul, or maybe just swap the movement for a swiss 2824-2, which will painfully add 200€ to the bill, dont know yet

will keep you posted on the outcome

13stepper

10/3/19
Bad news guys, after just 4 days working good on my wrist, the watch stopped today, tried winding it, it offers usual winding resistance, moving date, it moves manually fine, hands also move manually fine, even tried hitting it softly, nothing worked, moving the hands manually with the crown and the date changes at 12 as it should, and I don't think hands are interfering each other also.

Well, I guess these things happens when you play this game, I'm not even thinking about sending it back to dealer, too much trouble and no real warranties, will go to a local watchsmith and hope is a simple fix, do a complete overhaul, or maybe just swap the movement for a swiss 2824-2, which will painfully add 200€ to the bill, dont know yet

will keep you posted on the outcome

ugh, that's not refreshing to hear, sorry about your luck man. Now I'm not a a watchmaker at all, but based on what your describing, it could simply be the mainspring that's shot.

to try and add some positive shine to this, if you slap in the ETA movement, well you now have a watch that will last you years.

Rtrott01

30/3/18
Sorry to hear that. I have the SD43 as well and after several months, still going strong. Fingers crossed. At least there is a fix as you stated, to swap in a 2824-2. I’m not familiar with those, are they more reliable? Hard to find? Just in case my Asian fails. Thanks.

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
Gen eta 2824 is highly reliable and can be serviced by every watchmaker anywhere in the world. There are several versions availible up to chronometer certified movements. Prices are varying depending on the grade of movement.

Not hard to find.

Greets Andi

Mask415

24/1/19
UK
Sorry the hear it has stopped working, hope you manage to get it fixed, I managed to get my bezel fixed.

tamango

28/11/09
Sorry guys, forgot to update this, my watchsmith told me one of the bolts holding the movement to the case was broken, and the bolt head wandering inside the watch made it to stop, broken bolt thread and head removed, new bolt in and everything is working fine for about a month now, in any case, as I love this gorgeous watch, next on the wish list is a gen ETA 2824, thanks guys for the interest

Reactions: adj

Chronofighter

10/9/10
You wrote, you bought it from PT (Precious Time). I always tried to reach him as he was my favourite trusted dealer for years but in the last years, I never got an answer from him and thought he was out of business. Could you please PM me the Website and/or PT's new mail adress?