• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Budget $500 ish Hulk Comparison, ARF 2824 vs VRF Max 2836 with prof crystal (Many Pictures)

Renowned Member
9/12/18
the pearl seems a bit better on the arf. So how true is the green color on these latest models? is it still too strong?

Agree that the ARF pearl is a little better.

I think the green VRf is a little closer to gen. But I am not an expert. Would like to hear comments from expert too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Very nice review and pics bro, much appreciated.

Great extra comments Smpfan Andi

The ARF insert engravings on the whole left side are off center (closer to the crystal), really unacceptable. The newest batches seem to have this corrected but the markers are almost white now.

My vote goes to VRF with a crystal upgrade.

Renowned Member
9/12/18
Very nice review and pics bro, much appreciated.

Great extra comments Smpfan Andi

The ARF insert engravings on the whole left side are off center (closer to the crystal), really unacceptable. The newest batches seem to have this corrected but the markers are almost white now.

My vote goes to VRF with a crystal upgrade.

Thank you!

I did not notice the ARF insert engravings are off centers. Thank you for pointing out.

That’s why I like this forum so much, always new things to learn!

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Thank you!

I did not notice the ARF insert engravings are off centers. Thank you for pointing out.

That’s why I like this forum so much, always new things to learn!

Yeah always new reasons to dislike what you have.

Renowned Member
9/12/18
Yeah always new reasons to dislike what you have.

You are so right!

My wife looks at my watch box daily to check if I buy new watches. What I can do is keeping upgrade the same model so I can hide from her. I upgrade/switch from Noob v7 to ARF and now VRF with prof. I hope she will never see this post. If she learn how to spot the difference between vRf and ARf. I guess my life is official over......lol

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Haha.

I know the feeling of a wife who thinks you’re crazy buying too many watches and picking on you for spending all that money on it.

TaizDhaar

Known Member
30/5/17
Great comparison. Can you help me guide how to get the prof crystal and ship to Middle East. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

TaizDhaar

Known Member
30/5/17
Great comparison. Can you help me guide how to get the prof crystal and ship to Middle East. Thanks in advance.

Sent from the RWI App

Renowned Member
9/12/18

Sent from the RWI App

Prof crystal is one of our supporting vendors. He is reliable and trustable like our TDs. You can check out his section for more details. His email is [email protected]. He sold the crystal alone for $158 plus shipping. Or you can send him your watch after received from puretime. He will install the crystal for you for $208 plus shipping. I let him install the crystal since I don’t have the tools and I don’t trust myself for the job. Of coz you can have your modder or your watchsmith to install, it might cost you around $40-50 for installation.

He is located in the USA. Email him on the international shipping details.

Reactions: Zakiro and Zenrolex

Zenrolex

14/2/19
USA
Thought was reading my own post..lol..last few weeks all i do is click on the replica for sale tab and read like a college student studying for a final..and still cant make up my first rep..leaning towards the new ARF SD43 V3 til now maybe the V2 and now maybe the noob V2. Was considered on the Hulk VRF but seeing many people order the BK noob V9 with spongebob insert and Clark xtal..and that is almost 1k.. maybe I need read a few more weeks.. let me know what you think if I go with the ARF SD43 V2 with prof xtal and gen DW keep the insert since everybody is saying how good it is..thanks

Renowned Member
9/12/18
Thought was reading my own post..lol..last few weeks all i do is click on the replica for sale tab and read like a college student studying for a final..and still cant make up my first rep..leaning towards the new ARF SD43 V3 til now maybe the V2 and now maybe the noob V2. Was considered on the Hulk VRF but seeing many people order the BK noob V9 with spongebob insert and Clark xtal..and that is almost 1k.. maybe I need read a few more weeks.. let me know what you think if I go with the ARF SD43 V2 with prof xtal and gen DW keep the insert since everybody is saying how good it is..thanks

I hope this thread helps you.

I have an ARF SD43 v2 with prof. I love it a lot. I will let the picture speaks.

b44e7308179d6ddc61a8655d01b29cc2.jpg

Zenrolex

14/2/19
USA
That's nice watch there brother...so you say I can send the watch in and have him install the prof for $208? Is that all was done to the watch??

Renowned Member
9/12/18
That's nice watch there brother...so you say I can send the watch in and have him install the prof for $208? Is that all was done to the watch??

Yeah bro, that’s the crystal and installation price he gave me last time I emailed him, $208 plus shipping. So if you are in USA, $208 plus $16 (priority flat box $8 each way). Turnaround time will be around 10-15 days.

If you haven’t bought you watch, email him. Sometime he has stock and you can buy from him as a complete watch.

Zenrolex

14/2/19
USA
In Cali, Big time thanks bro. Will do just that. If you want get rid your hulk let me know lol..so VRF over ARF and Noob? I want to start slow but want a decent rep with basic mods nothing crazy for now just couple niece pieces that will pass around novice Rolex guys. Your post help me narrow things down for a newbie like me. Thanks

Mister Pink

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/3/19
thank you for writing this and for making it easy for people like me with little experience to understand it was a good read I learned a lot thanks again

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk

Renowned Member
9/12/18
Haha.

I know the feeling of a wife who thinks you’re crazy buying too many watches and picking on you for spending all that money on it.

My wife hurt my feeling this afternoon. She went “the color on your green watch is so ugly. You taste is so bad.” I yelled at her “yeah, my taste is bad, that’s why I married you!!!”

Hell no, of coz I did not say it. I still want my watches safe.

I went “I will wear my black One next time!”

Happy wife happy life brothers!

AC9219

Looking Around
15/4/19
Hello guys,

thanks for the very thorough comparison! Very very helpful. Loving this forum so far.

Based on the info here, I am leaning toward the VRF 2836. Checked with Puretime but seems out of stock, and implied VRF may not be producing it further (do you know anything about this?)

Do any of you have purchased it recently and can point me to a TD that would likely still have it in stock? Ryan/Intime seems not responsive so far.

thank you in advance

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
I’d just ask around. Ryan is usually responding fast so he might just be away briefly for whatever reason.