• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Franken as a service?

johnmatthewsnumbertwo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/2/19
Do skilled watchsmiths offer franken building as a service?

I'm thinking about a Noob Daytona 116520 + gen or ARF bezel + gen dial to make a franken super rep. I don't have the skills to do this but thought maybe this would be something someone would have experience with and would be willing to do for payment?

Any advice?

Thank you!

Porscheguy21

31/8/18
There are people on this forums who can. You just gotta search around.... :eek:hwell:. What I would recommend is to buy ALL the parts first and then send it to a watchsmith for a complete build.

Reactions: GMT1675

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
What porscheguy said. Also to add: if you want to go for a franken, id advice to either stick with the noob bezel (ARF v2 is slightly misaligned and v1 is basically impossible to get, additionally I’ve heard ARF is not selling parts anymore) if you’re on a budget, or get a gen bezel.

Moreover, if you want to go for a gen dial, you will also have to get gen hands since the gen dial will most likely have green lume (SL) and the rep hands will have blue lume (CL). If you don’t want to get gen hands, you can always try to get a CL Dial, but they are hard to get and quite expensive. Getting a CL Dial would probably cost as much as just getting SL dial + hands.

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Where you guys finding gen Rolex parts? I tried everything but all I see is aftermarket ones. TIA

Porscheguy21

31/8/18
Where you guys finding gen Rolex parts? I tried everything but all I see is aftermarket ones. TIA

As Cheeps said, eBay and Chrono24 has A LOT of parts. Just search by caliber number or reference number of the Rolex and you should find some! Also, TRF has a parts section too.

Reactions: Micasol

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
As Cheeps said, eBay and Chrono24 has A LOT of parts. Just search by caliber number or reference number of the Rolex and you should find some! Also, TRF has a parts section too.

Trf is what? Sorry if I bother you