• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Where can I buy a Rolex 1655 Explorer super rep (if exists)?

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
There isn't one, you need to build one or enquire modder to build one for you. General rule of thumb, for any 4 digit Rolex, "straight out of the box" reps has too many flaws. Case shape (like the crown guard), lugs holes needs to be re-drilled to take on gen or gen like spring bars. This is BEFORE we talk about the dial and hands which is even more challenging to source depending on his accurate you want.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

gabrok

Horology Curious
23/2/19
Too bad, these factories can clone much more complex dials, hope some of them try make these again.

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Too bad, these factories can clone much more complex dials, hope some of them try make these again.
The market is too small compared newer watches. The high end franken are made to fool buyers and project watches (seen on forums like this one) needs to be put together. This model is not popular compared to say a 5512 or a 5513 of which there isn't any out of the box reps which you can really wear as there are so many flaws.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

alligoat

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
17/3/06
That's a frog foot dial- so that part is gen. And you can't make a rep like that for $200- maybe $2000.

Reactions: WatchingTheStreets

NPD

7/2/22
EU
@johnlogan alright. Congrats on the build and wear in good health, man! I especially enjoyed its look with the black strap above.

Reactions: johnlogan