• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SH3135 Gen date disc alignment issues...

markiemark

Bracelet King
Patron
18/4/13
EU
I installed quite a few gen date discs on 3135's. Never had any issues with any of them.

But now Im having a complete meltdown as the one Im installing right now has serious alignment issues! It sits too low in the window (no pic for now).
I removed the faux jewel at 12 and moved the holders at 3, 6, and 9 a bit up, like always.

Any idea what might cause this? Any solutions?

Please help, I'm starting to pull out my hair out of frustration!!!

I read on the other forums it really is a hit and miss with the SH3135's regarding installing a gen date disc. Is this true?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I have no experience with this movement DW but have worked on and adjusted quite a few ETAs. It seems to me that the printed date disc on top of your DW was applied in error, off in rotation by a degree or two. I have removed and re-glued more than one of mine that had just such an error for the exact issue you describe.

markiemark

Bracelet King
Patron
18/4/13
EU
I have no experience with this movement DW but have worked on and adjusted quite a few ETAs. It seems to me that the printed date disc on top of your DW was applied in error, off in rotation by a degree or two. I have removed and re-glued more than one of mine that had just such an error for the exact issue you describe.

Thanks, but this a gen date disc and not an overlay that needs to be glued on.

ETA's can be a bitch too, but luckily I have an alignment too for that :)

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thanks, but this a gen date disc and not an overlay that needs to be glued on.

ETA's can be a bitch too, but luckily I have an alignment too for that :)

I understood that, but the printed white date disc still has to be attached to the metal plate with teeth, yes? I have had to separate a date disc from its metal plate to adjust it on a Helenarou 2836 GMT where there was no overlay involved. The white printed disc had been affixed to the metal plate with teeth in a way that would not allow the date to be centered vertically in the window when the teeth were locked into their notch. It needed to be sliced off with a razor, rotated about 0.5mm and re-attached directly to the metal plate.

Or is there no metal plate under the date disc, just one piece? In that case maybe the date finger is not pushing the disc correctly into its new position. Sorry I can't help more.

Gen-DW.jpg

Last edited:

markiemark

Bracelet King
Patron
18/4/13
EU
I understood that, but the printed white date disc still has to be attached to the metal plate with teeth, yes? I have had to separate a date disc from its metal plate to adjust it on a Helenarou 2836 GMT where there was no overlay involved. The white printed disc had been affixed to the metal plate with teeth in a way that would not allow the date to be centered vertically in the window when the teeth were locked into their notch. It needed to be sliced off with a razor, rotated about 0.5mm and re-attached directly to the metal plate.

Or is there no metal plate under the date disc, just one piece? In that case maybe the date finger is not pushing the disc correctly into its new position. Sorry I can't help more.

Gen-DW.jpg

Yes, its one piece. So there is no way it is the date disc that is the problem. I think it is indeed the date jumper...

markiemark

Bracelet King
Patron
18/4/13
EU
Finally found the problem: the tab at 6 is missing a jewel! With the rep date disc, this isn't a problem, but with the gen date disc it is...

Reactions: KJ2020