• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Red Tudor Black Bay Shield text print

Balls of steel

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/1/17
I am curious if anybody has purchased the latest ZF red Tudor black Bay Shield Edition. As far as I know, this model is listed as a super replica 1:1. I looked at the photos on pure time and I think it looks great, my only problem is that the text on the dial and the logo Shield look flat, as if they have no dimension. Every time I watch a video of the genuine version it is noticeable that the text is almost 3D embossed. It seems to stand and pop ever-so-slightly from the dial. It almost looks as if I could run my hand across it and feel the logo and text. When I see the close up pictures of the ZF Shield version, it looks to be completely flat. Has anyone purchased this and can confirm that the text has the same effect as the genuine? I know when I look at the New zf Black Bay 58 it appears in the pictures to have the effect I am talking about. Any comments or pictures of the recent ZF red black Bay Shield would be greatly appreciated.

Vintage Lover

Known Member
5/6/17
EU
Let's get this one alive. Anyone? I would like to hear hands-on experiences about this as well...

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
Only BB S&G and 58 do have this nice raised printing, other dials are flat.

Vintage Lover

Known Member
5/6/17
EU
Only BB S&G and 58 do have this nice raised printing, other dials are flat.

Really? Doesn't the latest ZF BB Red Shield edition have the raised printing as well? Isn't this one of the reasons why this model is considered a superrep?

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
I do not pay any attention to superrep or not. There are good threads dedicated to details of S&G and the details of red shield, so you can see how much nicer S&G dial in.