• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GMF 2019 Batman 126710?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Here is mine under some different lighting situations. I wish the bezel engravement would pop more but I don't have the stomach for KJ2020's paint mod.
For the $ it's great

thinking of getting a crystal with a AR cyclops though. What is the recommendation for one of those these days?

Looks great but if you know to look for it than the crystal really sits a bit too high on the GMF.

And I agree the bezel engraving so far has never been as noticeable on either the GMF nor on Noob Batman compared to gen.

Reactions: KJ2020

Rheinischerjung

24/11/18
Looks great but if you know to look for it than the crystal really sits a bit too high on the GMF.

And I agree the bezel engraving so far has never been as noticeable on either the GMF nor on Noob Batman compared to gen.

My GMF will get a Gen-Xtal, I am still hoping that it will sit a bit lower.
What do you mean about the engraving?

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
My GMF will get a Gen-Xtal, I am still hoping that it will sit a bit lower.
What do you mean about the engraving?

Thé ROLEX ROLEX on the rehaut is not well aligned with the markers. Big flaw on the GMF

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
Thé ROLEX ROLEX on the rehaut is not well aligned with the markers. Big flaw on the GMF

That you don't see unless you know it's there, tilt your watch, and put your cheaters on.

whereas the dull numbering on the bezel insert and the poor crystal and cyclops are there each time you check the time....

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
That you don't see unless you know it's there, tilt your watch, and put your cheaters on.

whereas the dull numbering on the bezel insert and the poor crystal and cyclops are there each time you check the time....

Yes but the rehaut engraving can't be fixed, whereas you can change the crystal and get a platinum mod on the insert

notthegoodscissors

Horology Curious
14/7/19
Mine just arrived, have to say overall I'm very happy with the quality of the watch, it looks great to my eye. The only thing that bothers me is the bezel itself has play in it, so when you tap your finger on it or lightly shake the watch on your wrist it rattles a bit. Has anyone else found this with theirs?

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
Mine just arrived, have to say overall I'm very happy with the quality of the watch, it looks great to my eye. The only thing that bothers me is the bezel itself has play in it, so when you tap your finger on it or lightly shake the watch on your wrist it rattles a bit. Has anyone else found this with theirs?

No my bezel fits very tightly. I asked my TD -Li fro jtime- specifically to look out for that.

GioBar

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/9/19
Hi friends I fell in love with this wonderful watch I'm looking at who took it and I'm happy for them.
they told me that the movement of this is not reliable and very expensive if it stops.
I read all the 3D but I have not received confirmation apart from the similarity to the Gen.

ddv21

Horology Curious
24/12/18
Im not sure if this is the right thread to ask but I hope so. I wanted to order a batman and also wanted to take the more reliable A2836 movement over the clones with correct handstack.
With that said, would you opt for the gmf or the bp?They have the same movement and cost pretty much the same. Since you guys talked about the gmf over 60 sites long, I think the questions fits in here pretty good since I really can’t decide which one looks better, especially in terms of which is looking more gen like in finishing etc.
Thank you very much for your help :)

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
Im not sure if this is the right thread to ask but I hope so. I wanted to order a batman and also wanted to take the more reliable A2836 movement over the clones with correct handstack.
With that said, would you opt for the gmf or the bp?They have the same movement and cost pretty much the same. Since you guys talked about the gmf over 60 sites long, I think the questions fits in here pretty good since I really can’t decide which one looks better, especially in terms of which is looking more gen like in finishing etc.
Thank you very much for your help :)

I don't remember exactly but I seem to remember that the GMF has the better bezel insert.
Still happy with miine. Don't care about the rehaut aligment and the raised crystal. Still thinking of getting a prof xtal.

If I were in the market now for a BLNR I would probably go for the just released VRF with the CHS with the cloned Rolex movement-not the timebomb. The first owner pics are just about trickling in on the threads.

Reactions: KJ2020

ddv21

Horology Curious
24/12/18
Thanks, sounds right. Since I’m on a budget, the bp seems to be a pretty good alternative due to being around only 300$. Can’t really see too much of a difference

ddv21

Horology Curious
24/12/18
Oh, I see. It’s the 21J as gmt. Well that’s a no from me, I think the 2836 is the better/more reliable choice for me since I don’t care about the hand stack

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
What in the world?? I am not too informed about the different movements, but why are these that much cheaper than this watch I wanted to buy? https://chazingtime06.co/products/gm...bracelet-a2836

My understanding: the primary difference is be the beat... 21,600 vs 28,800. So the movement of the seconds hand will effectively sweep 3/4 as smooth as the watch you linked.

2nd edit: didnt see your follow up response. But my understanding is also that these CHS movements do have far better reliability than the traditional a3285/6 movements.

Last edited:

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA

Jammydodger79

15/10/18
I've seen some chatter from a poster over on Reddit that the GMF version of the 3186 is different to and more robust than the Noob version.

He's a reseller and claims to have not had any returns of the GMF CHS mvmt versus the known issues with the Noob.

Also claims to have replaced a broken noob CHS with a drop in GMF mvmt?

If memory serves from KJ2020 posts on the CHS/ICHS swap along with the "issue" with the Noob movement, it's a weak jumping hour spring and cog? (Could be I picked it up wrong)

What is the likelihood that GMF are using an alternate supplier or version of the CHS mod that is more robust?