• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GMF 2019 Batman 126710?

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
I actually purchased the GMF batman with 3186 movement about 4 months ago ...... It's gorgeous, too- I can gone over it time and again with a loupe * looking* for flaws and can't find any

I agree, the watch looks great on pics. Looking forward to receiving mine.

. ... Also, big ups to everyone in this forum. This is my go-to source for info on my watches now. What a great community!

It's not a bad crowd for a bunch of fake watch wearing copy right infringment thieves as the "regular" watch site regulars and youtube comments would have you believe .... LOL

Reactions: KJ2020

sickopsycho

15/6/19
NC, USA
Sooo my QC arrived .... looks great to me ... except for that it does not have the little Rolex crown at 6PM so it does not look appropriate with the Jubilee .... asked the TD to put it on an Oyster instead. I really could not choose but since people report the Jubilee wears so comfortly I went for the 2019 version with the crownette at 6PM.
Would you reject it out right, accept it with an oyster or just accept it with the Jubilee? Daft question probably I know a lot of you don't like the Jubilee ....

I just replied above about my GMF batman. Mine is the 2019 model with the crown at 6:00. You'r appears to have an incorrect handstack... which would mean it's *not* the 3186CHS movement. I would have taken this watch over the one I have, as the correct hand stack (hour/gmt/minutes/sec) is cool, but the movement is irreplaceable and apparently unreliable.

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
I actually purchased the GMF batman with 3186 movement about 4 months ago. Only after did I hear about how "terrible" the movement is. The rotor is noisy- sounds like there is sand in the bearings... but it has quieted down a bit since I've been wearing it. Unfortunately this probably means that there are tiny metal shavings floating around my movement, lol. Anyway- the correct hand stack was important to me at the time- and I just assumed I could throw another ETA or similar movement in when this one broke. Guess not- but it has been going strong for me since I bought it. I am extremely careful setting it, and try not to mess with the crown at all (I set it pretty infrequently). In hindsight, I would have dealt with the incorrect hands for the convenience of being able to replace the movement. I have tried to locate a source for a 3186CHS movement, but I can't find one of those, either. Just thought I would comment here, however, that I haven't had any issues with the watch yet. It's gorgeous, too- I can gone over it time and again with a loupe * looking* for flaws and can't find any. The hollow hand tube, obviously, but other than that I am a happy camper. It's a great watch and I love it. =)
Now to find a yachtmaster... =) Gonna do my research on this one first. Also, big ups to everyone in this forum. This is my go-to source for info on my watches now. What a great community!

I'm with you bro, I got my CHS in July (Noob). I did set the date at first with the hour hand on position 2 and missed the am/pm twice so I went over like 80 dates with the hour hand and nothing happened. Regarding setting it It's running really fast something like +3 minutes per day so each morning I have to set the time backwards by turning the crown clockwise on position 3 but everything still works fine and hasn't broken (living on the edge I guess).

If you are after a Yacthmaster I have the rosegold one on oysterflex for sale but its in EU.

Last edited:

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
And if you manage to find a source for the CHS movement let me know as well.

And I would also now take the ICHS first for the peace of mind and am actually thinking of getting the ICHS as pepsi or all black bezel.

Last edited:

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
I just replied above about my GMF batman. Mine is the 2019 model with the crown at 6:00. You'r appears to have an incorrect handstack... which would mean it's *not* the 3186CHS movement. I would have taken this watch over the one I have, as the correct hand stack (hour/gmt/minutes/sec) is cool, but the movement is irreplaceable and apparently unreliable.
Oh yeh I went with the ICHS for reasons of reliability. Glad to see yours is holding up. I have read several testimonies of members whose watch died pretty soon after arrival.
It just happened that I had ordered a 126710 lookalike with the coronet at 6PM as opposed to a 116710 lookalike. But never mind it's on the way.

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
So here it is after 60 odd posts, my own first rep!
Mailed Li for order for Rolex GMF GMT BLNR ICHS rep on 09/04 from this site, Li replied on the next day to my email address and submitted payment details on 09/09, including instructions. Paid via transferwise on 09/10, Li submitted QC on 09/16 which I accepted, and watch arrived on 09/20 just one day before I had to go travel! Total turnaround 16 days! Impressive! Watch came well packaged and undamaged.

I have been wearing the watch since arrival on my trip to NZ, keeping time in 3 timezones, EST where I got on the plane, PST where I changed plane and New Zealand where I spent a week.
Watch runs great, gained 4-5s or so in a day which is exactly how I liike it.

The known flaws as the slightly too high crystal height, the rehaut misaligment and the ICHS do not worry me-pics below, I don't notice it on the wrist, can't even tell if the rehaut aligment is good or no ulness I make a cellphone pic and the ICHS is obvious twice every 24 hours.. Although I admit that the CHS would have been easier when having to reset the watch when actually corssing timezones-provided you don't break the watch of course!. Then again the CHS lacks a quick date set so there tieh ICHS is easier.
The crystal and the cyclops: I guess the Swiss one is better but it's good enough for me
Overall very practical. Set it to EST, New Zealand time and NL time where I monitor local time also.

The rep is great. Bezel action is fine, nice and tight but still easy to turn and catches nicely on the half hour positions. Pull on the stem is great, and setting time and date feels sure and does not grind. Strap lacks the sharp edges that are described in some posts here and on other GMT II threads. Lume is strong and lasts all night.

Now on to the watch itself: I must admit that although I find the rep great I am not that fond of the watch itself. this may well grow, but at this tie I find it kind of chunky, kind of slab sided, not truly aesthetically pleasing. So kind of glad that I can scratch that Rolex itch without spending Rolex money ;-)
And for $451 to my door what else am I going to find, a quartz Certina which has a fixed bezel perhaps ....

​​​​​
20190920_223400c634624a621872de.md.jpg

20190920_2233473bdafe8c5315c1f2.md.jpg

20190920_2233086f83fc5730e1b5f5.md.jpg

20190920_223433adff88711173ca16.md.jpg

20190920_2235126efde97ff8b4f5c0.md.jpg

20190920_2235007aae69f3384eff7b.md.jpg

20190928_1708445cdd67d1910dabb0.md.jpg

20190929_0344093021e4c8d394f7a9.md.jpg

20190928_080209f7a454e44eedcd30.md.jpg

Last edited:

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Congrats mate for your very first rep and welcome to the club, the watch looks great.

GMT II is actually my favorite and my next purchase gonna be probably another GMT II.

Any thoughts on what your planning getting next if the Rolex itch has been scratched now?

Reactions: RiffRalf

d3xophen

Renowned Member
15/9/18
So here it is after 60 odd posts, my own first rep!
Mailed Li for order for Rolex GMF GMT BLNR ICHS rep on 09/04 from this site, Li replied on the next day to my email address and submitted payment details on 09/09, including instructions. Paid via transferwise on 09/10, Li submitted QC on 09/16 which I accepted, and watch arrived on 09/20 just one day before I had to go travel! Total turnaround 16 days! Impressive! Watch came well packaged and undamaged.

I have been wearing the watch since arrival on my trip to NZ, keeping time in 3 timezones, EST where I got on the plane, PST where I changed plane and New Zealand where I spent a week.
Watch runs great, gained 4-5s or so in a day which is exactly how I liike it.

The known flaws as the slightly too high crystal height, the rehaut misaligment and the ICHS do not worry me-pics below, I don't notice it on the wrist, can't even tell if the rehaut aligment is good or no ulness I make a cellphone pic and the ICHS is obvious twice every 24 hours.. Although I admit that the CHS would have been easier when having to reset the watch when actually corssing timezones-provided you don't break the watch of course!. Then again the CHS lacks a quick date set so there tieh ICHS is easier.
The crystal and the cyclops: I guess the Swiss one is better but it's good enough for me
Overall very practical. Set it to EST, New Zealand time and NL time where I monitor local time also.

The rep is great. Bezel action is fine, nice and tight but still easy to turn and catches nicely on the half hour positions. Pull on the stem is great, and setting time and date feels sure and does not grind. Strap lacks the sharp edges that are described in some posts here and on other GMT II threads. Lume is strong and lasts all night.

Now on to the watch itself: I must admit that although I find the rep great I am not that fond of the watch itself. this may well grow, but at this tie I find it kind of chunky, kind of slab sided, not truly aesthetically pleasing. So kind of glad that I can scratch that Rolex itch without spending Rolex money ;-)
And for $451 to my door what else am I going to find, a quartz Certina which has a fixed bezel perhaps ....

​​​

20190928_080209f7a454e44eedcd30.md.jpg

If that's not truly aesthetically pleasing, I would advice you to try PPF white nautilus or Noob 116500 daytona white dial or ZF aquaunt and calatrava. I haven't seen GMF quality in person but I am pretty sure noobs and ARF are really good in fit and finishing. PPF will do. BTW, welcome to the REP world.

Last edited:

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
If that's not truly aesthetically pleasing, I would advice you to try PPF white nautilus or Noob 116500 daytona white dial or ZF aquaunt and calatrava. I haven't seen GMF quality in person but I am pretty sure noobs and ARF are really good in fit and finishing. PPF will do. BTW, welcome to the REP world.

PPF?
The quality of the rep is great, fit, finish, but I just don't find it all that pretty. The design is not harmonious like the Speedmaster, or, as you mentioned, a Calatrava where no line is out of place.
But it's on the wrist and it is doing its job .... no complaints!

Last edited:

yakuuu

Supporter
Certified
27/12/12
Is the jubilee bracelet interchangeable with with the oyster bracelet? Anybody got both with their GMF?
How's the overall bracelet quality compared to Noob/ARF?

Blackcalf

Known Member
5/6/17
Madrid
Before GM I ordered DJ factory and returned because was thick case and very bad datewheel. GMF is really good, need some mod in bezel insert and maybe rehaud is not very good polished, but looks fine. My customer will go to the official store Rolex wearing it, hope will return fine ))
Taking advantage, selling my GEN Batman, no worn, with box and papers ;)
e590b18fe66229ff8e4244adfa0469aa.jpg

Enviado desde mi Mi MIX 2S mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

Genera74

29/12/14
Hi does the GMF blnr suffers from the ugly bump at 18 and 6 (the pics on page 1 dont have)? Mine QC came in and it has the bumps which I have rejected

9fe0fb3d4dc258db6588a50064b996dc.jpg
f5636b4de31358c7f4099a35e57628f2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
Hi does the GMF blnr suffers from the ugly bump at 18 and 6 (the pics on page 1 dont have)? Mine QC came in and it has the bumps which I have rejected
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My pics of QC as well as unpacking and on the wrist are just above. KK2020 sees a speedbump on mine. I don't. Keep ik mind that this is a smallish watch and what you see blown up on a photo may not show IRL. I am happy with mine

kko3333

Horology Curious
3/10/19
The GMF Batman jubilee new batch looks so identical to original even with the numerals

d3xophen

Renowned Member
15/9/18
Before GM I ordered DJ factory and returned because was thick case and very bad datewheel. GMF is really good, need some mod in bezel insert and maybe rehaud is not very good polished, but looks fine. My customer will go to the official store Rolex wearing it, hope will return fine ))
Taking advantage, selling my GEN Batman, no worn, with box and papers ;)
e590b18fe66229ff8e4244adfa0469aa.jpg

Enviado desde mi Mi MIX 2S mediante Tapatalk

the right GEN?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

Good pics to see the difference between the GMT hand hole surrounds. BP/GMF is larger, to the point of obscuring the hour hand hole surround. Not too noticeable in everyday wear. Noob and DJF are not that way, hole surround sizes progress correctly, although slightly off from gen sizes.

Reactions: Nivka