• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GMF 2019 Batman 126710?

jb3

17/4/17
USA
Biggest problem I have with this is the crystal height. Not sure why it sits so high or if they are all like this but the majority of the pics I have seen of it the crystal sits way too high.

I can live with the rest of it but this one just cranks my gears a bit and keeps me away for the time being. I am sure this could be fixed for a relatively low cost if everything else checks out.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Biggest problem I have with this is the crystal height. Not sure why it sits so high or if they are all like this but the majority of the pics I have seen of it the crystal sits way too high.

I can live with the rest of it but this one just cranks my gears a bit and keeps me away for the time being. I am sure this could be fixed for a relatively low cost if everything else checks out.

All the new 40mm GMFs have the high crystals - Batman, Pepsi, Bluesy. You can't lower it much at all on a GMT even by shaving the gasket due to the 4 hands stack.

jb3

17/4/17
USA
All the new 40mm GMFs have the high crystals - Batman, Pepsi, Bluesy. You can't lower it much at all on a GMT even by shaving the gasket due to the 4 hands stack.

Ugh so what is the alternative to get the ICHS? I can live with crappy rehaut, weak hands, lume being off, even the insert numeral colors. The crystal height is just too much and stupidly easy to notice - even saw it on the Noob Daytona and still have to fix it =(

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Ugh so what is the alternative to get the ICHS? I can live with crappy rehaut, weak hands, lume being off, even the insert numeral colors. The crystal height is just too much and stupidly easy to notice - even saw it on the Noob Daytona and still have to fix it =(

ICHS GMFs are the same. The only alternative is a different factory. This pic was taken for a different reason but it's my Noob on top. You can see the crystal height difference.

15625475276401.jpg

jb3

17/4/17
USA
ICHS GMFs are the same. The only alternative is a different factory. This pic was taken for a different reason but it's my Noob on top. You can see the crystal height difference.

15625475276401.jpg

Noob w/ GMF bezel insert would be ideal here =)

Last edited:

Rustyrust

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/5/18
Anyone put a prof crystal on these GMFs? Wouldn't that solve the height issue?

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Anyone put a prof crystal on these GMFs? Wouldn't that solve the height issue?

It should lower the crystal.
Btw gen Pepsi crystal is sitting very high, I think it’s almost as high as on gmf reps. I’m not sure how high is crystal on gen Batgirl.

jb3

17/4/17
USA
It should lower the crystal.
Btw gen Pepsi crystal is sitting very high, I think it’s almost as high as on gmf reps. I’m not sure how high is crystal on gen Batgirl.

Interesting that the crystal height would be different between different bezels/models. I was just looking at the gen vs. gmf Batmans and it's noticeably higher.

Reactions: KJ2020

jb3

17/4/17
USA
Was just curious so I looked at the Pepsi Gen and it wasn't sitting high in any of the dozen or so listings I saw up for sale currently. Ready to be wrong but this crystal height was the first thing I fixed on the Noob Daytona but it sounds like this might not actually fixable on GMF due to the handstack. I will probably just have to wait for KJ to sell me his Batman =)

Gen

GMF

Reactions: KJ2020

Ed kent

Horology Curious
20/8/13
Gutted...was thinking this might be my next addition till I read what the eagle eyed spotted that I hadn’t ????

pwo

12/6/17
OMAN
I think Rolex changed the case profile on 2019 GMTs. The case is thinner and movement is modified more.

So maybe that explain different between noob batman which is sub-2019 and other releases

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
It's more likely that GMF just bought the cheapest case sets and crystals they could find since the exact same comparison exists between the GMF and Noob Bluesies.

15578415901650.jpg

jb3

17/4/17
USA
Looks like GMF is going to release another version with the jubilee on the BLRO and BLNR. Not sure when they corrected the dial to have the crown at 6 but the previous listings on PT didn't have the crown there but the new listing does have the crown. PT has the temp listings up now with the date for the model but they are clearly GMF additions. Meh...update looks like the crown at 6 has been there inconsistently on the GMF dial depending on where you look I guess maybe an incremental change. So...no idea what is different yet!

Sadly looks like the crystal is still sitting up where it shouldn't be =(

Last edited:

thrillofhunt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Gold Patron
Certified
8/2/11
Looks like GMF is going to release another version with the jubilee on the BLRO and BLNR. Not sure when they corrected the dial to have the crown at 6 but the previous listings on PT didn't have the crown there but the new listing does have the crown. PT has the temp listings up now with the date for the model but they are clearly GMF additions. Meh...update looks like the crown at 6 has been there inconsistently on the GMF dial depending on where you look I guess maybe an incremental change. So...no idea what is different yet!

Sadly looks like the crystal is still sitting up where it shouldn't be =(
Its not new. Its the same watch as the ones u see above. PT is just slow in updating GMF models.