• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GMF 2019 Batman 126710?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
^^Can’t really assess quality and texture from pictures of different watches in different lighting/angles.

In real life paint jobs generally look fake to my eyes.

Gen numerals look smooth as Plastic in most lighting/angles. Paint jobs don’t look the same to my eyes in real life. That’s just my opinion as a gen and rep dealer....i respect people will disagree but that’s a good thing

The two pics I posted are the same watch. The second pic shows an upgraded crystal. I tried several different techniques for paint modding and you are right many of them look bad. The final one was so much simpler than all the others, I spray painted the entire insert with Krylon bright aluminum and scraped the paint off the insert, leaving it in the cutouts. It looks quite good IMO, and much more so at arm's length than in macro shots. It's beautiful silver in all lighting conditions and never looks dull. Even though this makes it less gen-like, I much prefer to love what I see on my wrist than have it look duller sometimes like the gen can in low light. I wish insert makers would just use silver paint instead of white, it would save us all so many headaches. I stumbled upon an aftermarket green GMT insert that actually has silver markers and for ~$12 this is one of the best rep inserts I've ever seen. Didn't have to do a thing to it, that's how they all should be.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/rolex-tudor-replicas/7402168-noob-batman-v9/page12

VVBNzg.jpg

Reactions: Nivka

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
But seriously guys the GMF BLNR 6 and 9 makers are the more genlike in rectangle shape than any other rep I’ve seen. Bravo to GMF if not for anything else. Look:

Noob:
e33d3b3df09552eb3b0e8c4d653f39d2.jpg

Gen:
dd4c77d57843a17a43dca3c89a60606c.jpg

GMF:
9ccc8e05ef83cbfacf75e567bff263d1.jpg

Reactions: KJ2020

stoyania

15/4/16
Yeah! GM is BP - same guys.
I’m suspecting DJF is also GM / BP. I have to check on that.
Newest DJF Batman is basically GM Batman with a few pieces that come from somewhere else.
Ive heard GM/BP will be releasing GMT with meteoroid dial pretty soon. I’m curious how it will look.
They seem to be very productive.

looks like DJF are releasing a couple interesting GMTII reps...would be interesting to see how they compare to GMF

https://www.intime04.co/rollie/6267...-blue-dial-on-904l-oyster-bracelet-a2836.html

https://www.intime04.co/rollie/6266...-blue-dial-on-904l-oyster-bracelet-a2836.html

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA

They share many parts with gmf. It looks like numerals on the bezel are not spaced correctly on the Batman. Some of them are way too close to the edge. Color of the bezel is good like on gmf.
I’d like to see new DJF Pepsi.

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
Also, DJF numerals are too small. They should be larger.

Zenrolex

14/2/19
USA
New GMF looking good.. I'm still on the fence with this one and the Noob.. dam why cant they just nail that insert.. the new DJF is just terrible.. how can this be??

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
New GMF looking good.. I'm still on the fence with this one and the Noob.. dam why cant they just nail that insert.. the new DJF is just terrible.. how can this be??

Numerals are not centered correctly and they should be larger. They are too small.

elmonch

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/1/19
Gen with thin numbers on the insert.

Interesting
Just like two tones red in the pepsis gen.
Looks like rep factories don't get this things wrong but the copy different versions of gens?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

82-CB325-F-1-CEF-43-CA-B8-D4-0-C320-F633-C8-B.jpg

This does not look like a gen to me. The 6 and 9 o'clock hour markers have sharp corners, the GMF hour markers look better than this!

Plus the insert marker at 22 looks like a spillover paint mod. The insert looks aftermarket to me.

Last edited:

Zenrolex

14/2/19
USA
KJ2020 ohhhhh sharp eye tthere sir....:) I dont know what to believe anymore haha..can you help me QC mine for a double of Whiskey of your choice?? Like I said before lead the way I'm right behind you.. Cheers

elmonch

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/1/19
KJ2020 ohhhhh sharp eye tthere sir....:) I dont know what to believe anymore haha..can you help me QC mine for a double of Whiskey of your choice?? Like I said before lead the way I'm right behind you.. Cheers

I don't get it
If you didn't know, why did you say it was a gen with thinner number on the insert?
I'm here to learn but is getting more and more difficult with this kind of post.

Last edited:

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
I don't get it
If you didn't know, why did you say it was a gen with thinner number on the insert?
I'm here to learn but is getting more and more difficult with this kind of post.
It was a different person who said it was Gen. That aside, I agree with your sentiment.

Last edited:

dom1986

Renowned Member
20/1/15

There is no such thing as a gen with thin insert numbers. The ceramic bezels are made consistently the same by rolex and will not differ (on the eye) whatsoever, i am 99.9% certain of this. I don’t think this is a gen, and if it is the lighting of the picture has a lot to answer for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020

Zenrolex

14/2/19
USA
No apologies need it here my friend. My goal is to become a better rep qc see from big to the smallest flaws and obtain the best rep for the money while making minimal mistake. Learning alot in the last few months form all of you gentlemen... keeping those pics coming... Cheers

Reactions: KJ2020 and elmonch

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
There is no such thing as a gen with thin insert numbers. The ceramic bezels are made consistently the same by rolex and will not differ (on the eye) whatsoever, i am 99.9% certain of this. I don’t think this is a gen, and if it is the lighting of the picture has a lot to answer for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the 3rd time I can’t across this insert. There were 2 listings on Chono24.. those watches looked gen but the insert has thinner numeral. I also seen some wrist shots of Batman with that insert in different lighting condition - it also looked gen to me.