• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GMF 2019 Batman 126710?

dom1986

Renowned Member
20/1/15
BP insert markers are a little thicker than gen,most noticeable at 6. 8, 16, 18

V2ENIe.jpg

Yes they are thicker but a hell of a lot better than whats out there now, the GM insert is awful. Numbers are too thin, too dark, the blue/black transition is good, but still that insert means your calling its a rep from feet away IMO.

Overall the GM looks good, but still a lot to do with that insert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: phdsjain

dom1986

Renowned Member
20/1/15
What games are you up to? Quite sure that’s not a GMF (See hand stack). It’s gen. Please stop confusing people.

Yep i said the same, seriously question some peoples mindsets’ at times. There are people on here looking for education (me included) not misdirection. Unless i am mistaken and he was listing as gen all along.... lol seriously nice gen btw

Last edited:

Big_Pilot

26/5/17
For me the GMF Batman is a pass. Looking at the 'real' GMT Batman pictures posted earlier the bezel numbers are simply too thin.
Also looking at the Gen vs GMF pictures posted earlier in this thread I have to conclude we are not looking at a proper Gen vs Rep comparison, but are looking at Rep vs Rep comparison.
Not appreciate a Rep company pulling these tricks (but they are Chinese manufacturers so what else is new)......

Last edited:

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
For me the GMF Batman is a pass. Looking at the 'real' GMT Batman pictures posted earlier the bezel numbers are simply too thin.
Also looking at the Gen vs GMF pictures posted earlier in this thread I have to conclude we are not looking at a proper Gen vs Rep comparison, but are looking at Rep vs Rep comparison.
Not appreciate a Rep company pulling these tricks (but they are Chinese manufacturers so what else is new)......

Yep, said a few pages back that those Chinese ‘gen vs rep’ pics were inaccurate and misleading. The bezel insert numbers are terrible on this one. A few TD’s also saying (writing) to me that the numbers on this GMF inserts are not bright as either the Noob 9 or ARF.

kevBquick

9/10/18
Sigh, $6.99 spray paint mod will have to do for now.

From another thread

I got sick of Molotow rubbing off so I took the drastic step of spray painting the whole aftermarket insert with Krylon paint + primer metallic bright aluminum. Scraped the paint off the insert with a straight razor blade, leaving it in the cutouts. Not perfect, but looks beautiful silver on the wrist, nice and bright. Not dull even in low light and no color transition bumps.

VpUOp8.jpg

VpU7rD.jpg

VpUYRh.jpg

TUftZ.jpg

SnIeo.jpg

Snzvr.jpg

BZBgp.jpg

wait so you didn't mask off the rest of the insert you just sprayed the whole thing? i'd like to try this. not really sure how you got the paint of without damaging the insert.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
wait so you didn't mask off the rest of the insert you just sprayed the whole thing? i'd like to try this. not really sure how you got the paint of without damaging the insert.

Correct, spray the whole thing, scrape the paint off with a razor blade.

Ceramic is highly resistant to scratching, that's the whole reason for it. I was surprised when I first heard you could do this too, but sure enough the stuff is tough! It CAN scratch, but if you're not overly aggressive with it, just a steady off angle scraping (not 90° straight up), the excess paint comes off quite easily. There will usually be some stubborn drops of paint here and there, a soft rag slightly damp with alcohol will rub those off. Be careful not to rub in the triangle too soon, let it dry overnight first.

It takes a little practice close to the cutouts, especially the triangle on a non-pearl insert. You have to constantly watch that the blade doesn't nick the painted cutouts while scraping off the edges right up to the cut. It would be easier to use an exacto blade for this detail I guess, but I've done this enough to just be able to use your typical utility inch and a half rectangular straight razor blade.

The painting takes less than a minute. Dries almost immediately, then 2nd coat. Obviously do light thin coats and don't glob it in there. I waited about 30 minutes before starting to scrape. Scraping and rubbing takes about 30 minutes.

It's not a crisis if you mess it up first time around. Keep a wide mouth jar with some mineral spirits or goof off in it. A quick soak and light brushing with an old soft toothbrush, rinse in alcohol and you can try again. Wear latex gloves!

Reactions: watchboi

Zenrolex

14/2/19
USA
What games are you up to? Quite sure that’s not a GMF (See hand stack). It’s gen. Please stop confusing people.

Definitely did not see the insert shines like that on the GMF or BP..think I rather go a little thicker front on BP than the skinny GMF..which has the better dial??

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Definitely did not see the insert shines like that on the GMF or BP..think I rather go a little thicker front on BP than the skinny GMF..which has the better dial??

Just want to let you know that BP insert is painted.
Its a black ceramic insert with just painted blue color on top.
i think dial is same.
if you decide to go with BP be careful with that insert, you don’t want to bump your hand against anything or that blue paint will come off.

Zenrolex

14/2/19
USA
Thanks good to know..havent decided on which version I'll go with yet hoping maybe ARF release a new an improve bezel insert.. keeping fingers cross til then.. keep those pics coming never gets old. Cheers

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
Thanks good to know..havent decided on which version I'll go with yet hoping maybe ARF release a new an improve bezel insert.. keeping fingers cross til then.. keep those pics coming never gets old. Cheers

Yup if ARF release Batman and if it’s any good I will get it and compare with gmf. But it’s shot in the dark when it comes to ARF, I’ve heard they are struggling as a factory.

dom1986

Renowned Member
20/1/15
Yup if ARF release Batman and if it’s any good I will get it and compare with gmf. But it’s shot in the dark when it comes to ARF, I’ve heard they are struggling as a factory.

Heard off who? They are the most accurate factory nowadays with the sub and DJ2 otb.

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
Heard off who? They are the most accurate factory nowadays with the sub and DJ2 otb.

They need more men power with their production and they started cutting corners. I’ve been told all that by someone who fallows most of the Chinese rep forums.
Hopefully they (ARF) will sort things out.

Last edited: