• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GMF 2019 Batman 126710?

boomerknox

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/5/18
CONUS
Reading all this makes me want to pull the trigger on a GMF batman... For the ones who have already ordered, please post pics once received! My question to you all is how bad do the lines on the 18 an 6 stand out? Under the extremely bright studio lights of the TDs, its easy to see if you're looking for it, but day to day in normal lighting is it still obvious? That's the only thing holding me back

CarlosFFF

25/6/13
I rejected a watch I bought from Ryan because all the ones from the factory had the same defect so he's letting me apply the credit to another watch. I asked him to get me the GMF 126710 BLRO and he asked me if I wanted the batman instead, then I noticed that he didn't have the BLRO on this website. Hopefully he can get it anyway, I've always heard all the TDs can get the same stuff.

Applegang

6/4/19
I had a Noob v8 GMT on order from PureTime, after a lengthy wait (Initiated transaction on the 9th) they've informed me that they are out of stock and cannot get the Noob v8 GMT - They have asked me if I wanted the GMF https://puretime.io/gmt-master-ii-1...el-gmf-best-edition-on-ss-bracelet-a2836.html instead of the Noob. I don't know much about GMF and there are no reviews of this watch on the pure time site. Is there a verdict out on this model from GMF yet? Should I cancel my order and wait?

Sharki06

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/5/18
GMF seems better on all point instead of ICHS.
Noob has CHS , but movement is a time ticking bomb

Depends on what's tell you are ok to live with

Reactions: SWI

SWI

Known Member
1/11/17
Canada
The noob insert is an absolute deal breaker for me, wouldn’t consider it for that reason. GMF looks really promising but I’m
holding out option until we get some real photos from our members.

Reactions: KJ2020

the massakretor

23/8/13
I don't get why you are all for the CHS.

It's such a minor problem in real life or pictures, and even more so only rep guys or few gen geeks know about that.

I would take the 2836 all the way, much more reliable, easy and cheap to fix or swap for a Sellita. GMF did the right choice, considering that the ichs is cheaper than the same watch but CHS.

Inviato dal mio LM-G710 utilizzando Tapatalk

Applegang

6/4/19
So should I go with the CMF and take puretime's offer since the v8 is out of stock? Also can the 2836 be swapped with a real ETA?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
So should I go with the CMF and take puretime's offer since the v8 is out of stock? Also can the 2836 be swapped with a real ETA?

Nobody has posted pics of the GMF yet but if you were happy with the Noob horrible insert, the GMF insert looks to be a liitle better, although its not seemless at the color transitions like the GMF RG version is.

Yes you can replace the rep GMT modded 2826 with a gen Swiss ETA 2826. It takes a little skill, as the GMT bits and the datewheel or overlay from the rep need to be salvaged and transferred over to the Swiss.

Applegang

6/4/19
Nobody has posted pics of the GMF yet but if you were happy with the Noob horrible insert, the GMF insert looks to be a liitle better, although its not seemless at the color transitions like the GMF RG version is.

Yes you can replace the rep GMT modded 2826 with a gen Swiss ETA 2826. It takes a little skill, as the GMT bits and the datewheel or overlay from the rep need to be salvaged and transferred over to the Swiss.

Thanks for the info about the ETA movement - As far as the insert, do you mean that the ceramic has a "raised" edge at 18 & 6? I find that to be very off-putting...

the massakretor

23/8/13

The 2836 can be replaced with an ETA (expecially parts, if something breaks). You could swap it with a 2893-2 without the need of salvaging the GMT overlay (since the 2893 is already a GMT movement). Only difference is the stem iirc, but it's a minor issue. With 200/300$ you get the deed done. And the 2893 is a much more advanced movement

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thanks for the info about the ETA movement - As far as the insert, do you mean that the ceramic has a "raised" edge at 18 & 6? I find that to be very off-putting...

Yes Noob inserts are the worst for the transition bump. Pic shows aftermarket insert on top of stock Noob.

lU4Ga.jpg

Applegang

6/4/19
Alright so, I guess it comes down to CMF being an improvement over the Noob v8 - I care most about the bezel ceramic insert, I don't want fat numerals or raised lines where the colors meet.

Applegang

6/4/19
You can always just get an aftermarket insert and do a paint mod. Relatively small hassle for a permanent solution.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/rolex-tudor-replicas/7402168-noob-batman-v9/page12

Thanks for the link - Sorry for all the questions I'm still trying to see if puretime's offer is a good choice for me. It would be easier if there were more information about the CMF or any word of an ARF with a new movement. You guys really think the ICHS 2836 is still the best move? I intend to wear this watch daily, I'd like it to last a few years and not have to worry about breaking the movement and being stuck with a dead watch

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thanks for the link - Sorry for all the questions I'm still trying to see if puretime's offer is a good choice for me. It would be easier if there were more information about the CMF or any word of an ARF with a new movement. You guys really think the ICHS 2836 is still the best move? I intend to wear this watch daily, I'd like it to last a few years and not have to worry about breaking the movement and being stuck with a dead watch

The hand stack is only a factor about 2 hours a day. Other times the hands are not near each other. Nobody I know has any clue about hand stack. No way would I buy a rep CHS GMT. Keep it simple, reps have enough issues without intentionally buying one with a known finicky movement.