• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GMF 2019 Batman 126710?

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Between root beer, new Pepsi and new Batman GMF did great inserts. I doubt ARF will be more accurate.

kevBquick

9/10/18
at least coloring of the ceramic on both pepsi and batman is solid. may not be perfect.
but such is the rep game. i think this is a damn fine example of a solid rep of these 2 sought after pieces.
now i just need the oyster bracelet for the batman.

gj1992

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/10/16
Germany
I have also pulled the trigger on the GMF Batman, but I'm worried about the quality of the bracelet. I had a sub from BP factory two years ago and the bracelet had sharp edges and was also a bit rickety in comparison to a noob bracelet. If BP and GMF are really the same factory I'm concerned about that.

I hope they have improved that over the years. Furthermore I this is my first rep with jubilee bracelet.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

Last edited:

CarlosFFF

25/6/13
Does anyone know the dial diameter for the GMF 126710?

I am thinking about using it as a base for a fantasy 1675/126710 crossover which uses a gilt vietnam 1675 dial.

If the dial isn't the same size then I'll wait for CHS.

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
Did anyone receive gmf Batman or gmf Pepsi.
we would love to see some pics.

padorkous

Known Member
13/1/17
Just saw vid of new gmf Pepsi and Batman on youku
and I must say they look amazing. Pepsi bezel is so freaking close to gen - check computations pic above.
blue part of the bezel is just slightly darker on gen.
Batman looks great too. DW font is slightly thinner than on gen and cyclop is off like most of the reps.
btw there was no thin white line between blue and red on the insert.

Damn they look good! ARF has a lot of work to do if they wanna get close to that. What do you think about the "teeth" on the insert and the missing coronet tho

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
Damn they look good! ARF has a lot of work to do if they wanna get close to that. What do you think about the "teeth" on the insert and the missing coronet tho

I think teeth should be slightly deeper - deeper cuts I actually missed that when looking at the video. It’s not a deal breaker.
mising coronet? Both Batman and Pepsi have coronet at 6 o’clock.

Reactions: padorkous

padorkous

Known Member
13/1/17
I think teeth should be slightly deeper - deeper cuts I actually missed that when looking at the video. It’s not a deal breaker.
mising coronet? Both Batman and Pepsi have coronet at 6 o’clock.

Oh thanks! i hadnt noticed it :D

jttou

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/14
Wouldn't expect ARF to release something better than this GMF, BP or however the hell they are calling themselves. ARF had a very hot start but declined, so no guarantees that ARF will be any better then this. Given the gens are almost impossible to get within a reasonable time and price, just take the GMF.

Reactions: rcom440

CarlosFFF

25/6/13
I think the game plan if folks want a CHS with this nice bezel is to buy both and swap the ARF movement into the GMF case. Based on the pictures of the movement on trusty time, I imagine the CHS movement would fit in the case if the 2836 movement ring were removed.

IMO paying $400 for a nice GMF, and maybe around $700 for a nice ARF with CHS movement and then mashing them together isn't the worst idea ever. I would very happily pay $1100 for a rep with a CHS movement and a nice ceramic bezel like GMF's... but I definitely think I am in the minority with that.

Reactions: padorkous

cmflynn

Horology Curious
26/12/18
I’m really tempted to jump on the gmf, especially now that there’s a version with the oyster bracelet. My only concern is whether the blue is painted or actually blue ceramic. If you look at 18 on the jubilee version on trustytimes website ( http://www.trustytime.club/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_5&products_id=19749) there’s an uneven bit of blue that makes me worry the blue is paint and not ceramic. Can’t wait for someone to get one in hand and either confirm or deny

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
I’m really tempted to jump on the gmf, especially now that there’s a version with the oyster bracelet. My only concern is whether the blue is painted or actually blue ceramic. If you look at 18 on the jubilee version on trustytimes website ( http://www.trustytime.club/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_5&products_id=19749) there’s an uneven bit of blue that makes me worry the blue is paint and not ceramic. Can’t wait for someone to get one in hand and either confirm or deny

Do not take trusty info and vids as reference because everything is mixed up on his webpage.
video in your link is actually BP version and not gmf.
it’s painted and it’s with thick numerals on the insert.
gmf insert is not painted.

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
Wouldn't expect ARF to release something better than this GMF, BP or however the hell they are calling themselves. ARF had a very hot start but declined, so no guarantees that ARF will be any better then this. Given the gens are almost impossible to get within a reasonable time and price, just take the GMF.

I totally agree. I woudn't expect ARF release better version than gmf when it comes to accuracy of the case, bezel color, and even dial.
arf has problems with proportions on those oyster 40mm cases. They didn’t release anything excited since SD.
In my opinion their date just 40 is just nice. ARF hype seem to be fading very quickly. Noob killed ARF Daytona business.
Im seriously thinking about buying gmf Pepsi.

Reactions: phdsjain

padorkous

Known Member
13/1/17
I think the game plan if folks want a CHS with this nice bezel is to buy both and swap the ARF movement into the GMF case. Based on the pictures of the movement on trusty time, I imagine the CHS movement would fit in the case if the 2836 movement ring were removed.

IMO paying $400 for a nice GMF, and maybe around $700 for a nice ARF with CHS movement and then mashing them together isn't the worst idea ever. I would very happily pay $1100 for a rep with a CHS movement and a nice ceramic bezel like GMF's... but I definitely think I am in the minority with that.

yeah but the real question is if the arf mechanism is reliable

felocan

Known Member
26/10/16
Talking about the Pepsi, wich one you like more, the GMF or DJF?

Enviado desde mi SM-N9600 mediante Tapatalk