• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Aftermarket Bezel insert for Rolex Submariner Hulk 116610LV

Xiiaodiit

7/3/18
Singapore
Hi guys, what do you think of this aftermarket insert for the hulk ?

VbHKYK.jpg

VbH6EL.jpg

VbHVGo.jpg

VvuA9L.jpg

Abduljay

Renowned Member
Certified
8/2/19
Wow Looks amazing! Where did you buy it? And which base do you have? Noob?

Xiiaodiit

7/3/18
Singapore
Wow Looks amazing! Where did you buy it? And which base do you have? Noob?

I have yet to buy the insert, the pictures are review from other buyers. The insert is a custom made by a China seller. I’m gathering feedback to weather is this a good insert before purchasing and will share the info after I purchased.

Abduljay

Renowned Member
Certified
8/2/19
I have yet to buy the insert, the pictures are review from other buyers. The insert is a custom made by a China seller. I’m gathering feedback to weather is this a good insert before purchasing and will share the info after I purchased.

Alright. Will wait for your review.
I am afraid to order inserts, because they might not fit my noob.

Abduljay

Renowned Member
Certified
8/2/19
Any idea would they fit a 2836 VRF?

It is hit or miss most likely. Because the bezels are not 100% same size always.

Im planning to order one from sprongebob soon, will let you know how it fits.

Alternative is to ship your bezel insert to spongebod and he will do the paintjob. Then you are 100% sure it will fit.

Xiiaodiit

7/3/18
Singapore
It is hit or miss most likely. Because the bezels are not 100% same size always.

Im planning to order one from sprongebob soon, will let you know how it fits.

Alternative is to ship your bezel insert to spongebod and he will do the paintjob. Then you are 100% sure it will fit.

Oh,i have a spongebob bezel for a noob v7 black 116610LN. Its fits perfectly. Im looking for other options besides spongebob and molotow mod.

Abduljay

Renowned Member
Certified
8/2/19
Oh,i have a spongebob bezel for a noob v7 black 116610LN. Its fits perfectly. Im looking for other options besides spongebob and molotow mod.

Yes Noob 7 was great. I had it before. But now i have V8, heard there are problems with other bezel inserts...

But Ill let you know if I see anything interesting!

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
What base watch is this? I‘m asking because the crystal protudes really much.

Greets Andi

Dufan

7/10/18
Is it easy to disassemble and then reassemble the bezel Arf whitout risking to break it or break the glass?

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
You need a bezel removal tool for that. I strongly recommend this. If you try to pry off the bezel with a knife you will risk ceramic inlay damage.

Greets Andi

Xiiaodiit

7/3/18
Singapore

Greets Andi

It’s a VRF hulk with a ARF crystal. I bought this piece from m2m. It was on a prof blackhole
crystal previously. But there is damaged on the cyclops when I bought it so I swapped it out.

Before crystal swap (ignore the ugly molotow paint :/ )
VpyskL.jpg

Xiiaodiit

7/3/18
Singapore

Greets Andi

The base is VRF. I bought this piece from m2m,than it came with a prof blackhole xtal but the seller didn’t state there are many scratches on the cyclops. Ignore the ugly paint job

Prof Blackhole crystal
VpyskL.jpg

It’s now mounted on a ARF crystal
VUDrZh.jpg

Is it very obvious that the crystal protrudes high to the naked eye?

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
From the side view it looks pretty good. So I think the ARF crystal chamfer maybe is a little bigger and the new insert ist sitting so slightly deeper.

I know this scratched cyclops problem. The reason is the AR coating on the outside of the cyclops. Prof‘s and DSXtal‘s crystals are using this technique.
Simply remove the coating. You won’t loose the black hole effect as there is coating applied from the underside of the cyclops, too.

Greets Andi

Reactions: KJ2020

Xiiaodiit

7/3/18
Singapore
From the side view it looks pretty good. So I think the ARF crystal chamfer maybe is a little bigger and the new insert ist sitting so slightly deeper.

I know this scratched cyclops problem. The reason is the AR coating on the outside of the cyclops. Prof‘s and DSXtal‘s crystals are using this technique.
Simply remove the coating. You won’t loose the black hole effect as there is coating applied from the underside of the cyclops, too.

Greets Andi

I see. Can I use cape cod to remove the AR coating ?

Reactions: KJ2020