• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Can you help me identify which factory is this Rolex sub rep

mcsleepy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/9/16
Hi everyone,
I have been trying to jump into modifying and tinkering with watches and based on everything I have been reading starting from a submariner is a smart idea (abundance of spare parts and mods )
a friend of mine is upgrading to the new ARF and selling his old submariner which he picked up in china. I was wondering if you can help me identify which factory and model it is and if you think it will make a good watch to start this project. any hints or guidance will be hugely appreciated.
P.S this is my first serious posts, so mods if I have made any mistakes please let me know so I can fix it
https://imgur.com/a/Q61pISs

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
That's what is commonly referred to as a "cheapie". Not entirely sure of the factory, could be Sky. It's nothing like a Noob, BP/GMF or JF/ARF. It's something you'd find on Canal St.

A good watch to tinker with and learn about modding on, but the old saying "you can polish a turd" holds true for this piece.

Use it to practice taking off hands and putting them back on with scratching them. Learn how to pop off the bezel. Take a file/dremel and reshape the crown guards. Tons of learning experiences to be had. Don't go dumping a lot of money into that piece though. Those 2813 movements are a PIA to reassemble for the inexperienced, so I don't recommend taking it apart unless you want a dead movement.

Oh, and those can be had for $60 all day long, so don't let your buddy sell it to you for more than that.

mcsleepy

13/9/16
thank you so much for the info thats precisely what I was going to use it for, before moving onto something more serious watches. just getting into this, so i need something that I can fool around and learn the basics and if it breaks so be it

mcsleepy

13/9/16
after a bit more reading looks like this is Reggie Noob v1 by the engraving on the clasp PJ3

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
after a bit more reading looks like this is Reggie Noob v1 by the engraving on the clasp PJ3

It's not, it just uses the same clasp.

Refer to my old Noob v1 "Regmariner".
VvEfZy.jpg

mcsleepy

13/9/16
@KushBandit you are exactly right after opening it turns out it is a cheapo :thumbsup:
thank you for all the help still going to pick it up to practice fro 40$ but gonna keep my eyes open for a affordable noob
thank you everyone for the help

Reactions: KushBandit