• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex submariner 116619 LB (smurf) bracelet and case mod

jampo

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
21/11/17
What Modifikation ?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Abduljay

Renowned Member
Certified
8/2/19
What Modifikation ?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Thats what I was hoping someone could answer.
Some kind of plating or brushing of bracelet (dont know if it even exists?)

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
One of my favorite reps, two thumbs up. Completely stock.

http://www.trustytime.club/index.php...ducts_id=16222

ohbgR.jpg

Abduljay

Renowned Member
Certified
8/2/19
That's from almost 4 years ago - I don't believe there's a current Noob offering.

Seems like they only have JF from 2018. JF is a no go for me. Great dial maybe, but thats the only thing. Everything Else is really bad.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Brooo. Thank you so much!!
Btw how is the weight on these? Cant be same as gen I guess... because of the white gold

146g, minus 1 1/2 links so probably about 152g. Of course it's going to weigh less than WG, which is maybe 188g I'm guessing. But nobody has ever touched mine nor will they, I never even think about it.

jampo

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
21/11/17
146g, minus 1 1/2 links so probably about 152g. Of course it's going to weigh less than WG, which is maybe 188g I'm guessing. But nobody has ever touched mine nor will they, I never even think about it.

but that is the normal 316 steel ? its even better for WG replicas than 904

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
but that is the normal 316 steel ? its even better for WG replicas than 904

Mine is 316L yes. IDK if there is a noticeable difference in the weight of 904L. I am not at all concerned about weight on an SS rep of a WG model. I care only that it looks good to me :cool:

alligoat

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
17/3/06
I've seen where an SS case was plated with rhodium to make it look more like white gold. Rolojack did it to some SS DD cases from rafflesdials over at RWG. He's over in SE asia somewhere so no telling where he got it done.

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
I've seen where an SS case was plated with rhodium to make it look more like white gold. Rolojack did it to some SS DD cases from rafflesdials over at RWG. He's over in SE asia somewhere so no telling where he got it done.

Rhodium plating will not make it look like Rolex white (gray) gold. Rhodium plating will make it look a lot like....steel.

On this new Noob V8 116619, seems they put a starburst dial on it. Gen is like the old bluesy dial, not starburst. Just blue lacquer that matches the bezel color.

See below, steel vs white gold. I have a WG DD and steel BP....the color is different.

gmt2_vs_wgdaytona-dials.jpg

nasar73

26/8/18
Hi KJ2020 I ordered the Noob V7 Version from Ryan.... however what was posted to me was the V8 version. Ryan said the factory no longer produces the V7 Version. This is a real pain. The V8 version is the sun burst dial which is a dead give away. I was looking forward to this watch arriving.

See photos below.... I've contacted Ryan and he is willing to refund the money if I send the watches back.
Can I buy a replacement dial? I was gong to get the date wheel replaced and a Xtal change.
Is it just easier to return the watch and order from Trustyitme as you mentioned.

Thanks

the massakretor

23/8/13
I would keep this current Noob and source a BP dial. It shouldn't be that expensive, everything on this new noob looks very good (bezel, case, bracelet). Shame that they fell on the dial.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Hi KJ2020 I ordered the Noob V7 Version from Ryan.... however what was posted to me was the V8 version. Ryan said the factory no longer produces the V7 Version. This is a real pain. The V8 version is the sun burst dial which is a dead give away. I was looking forward to this watch arriving.

See photos below.... I've contacted Ryan and he is willing to refund the money if I send the watches back.
Can I buy a replacement dial? I was gong to get the date wheel replaced and a Xtal change.
Is it just easier to return the watch and order from Trustyitme as you mentioned.

Thanks

VPp8yD.md.jpg
VPpgHU.md.jpg

Wow, bummer. It's a pretty watch but not gen-like. The insert markers look shock white also, a paint mod could fix that aspect. If Ryan can't get the V7 it's doubtful Trusty or any other TD can. Same logic applies to a replacement dial. Your best bet is from a TD but if fhe V7 is discontinued, chances are not great. I know it's a stretch but you could always source another Smurf from somewhere, swap the dials and then flip the other watch. Many people prefer the sunburst dial. Alternatively, get a refund and wait for a M2M Smurf. Another option is order a black or green dial and insert and turn this watch into an LN or LV or even a Shark. Bracelet PCLs are easily brushed, I prefer that actually and have done it a couple times.

Last edited: