• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Deepsea Blue ARF v2 vs Gen 116660 comparison

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Thanks a lot. Which is gen? I'm pretty sure I can tell but I don't wanna embarrass myself in public if I'm wrong lol.
How do you go about softening the bracelet? I've noticed mine is very sharp as well.

prawnboy

10/8/13
Asia
Thanks a lot. Which is gen? I'm pretty sure I can tell but I don't wanna embarrass myself in public if I'm wrong lol.
How do you go about softening the bracelet? I've noticed mine is very sharp as well.

make a guess
50% chance u be right

prometheus3673

Horology Curious
7/2/19
The engraving letters “Ring lock system” are not at the precise position, “k” is not at the point 6, “R” and “M” are also offset, besides, the crystal is too higher when compared to gen

從我的iPhone使用RWI 發送

Reactions: vcappp

Simonbolivar

Renowned Member
17/2/13
Long Island, New York
Nice comparo... very impressed with the dial color and blue transition. I think this was improved from the v1, if I’m not mistaken. The green “Deepsea” color is a bit off, but not bad.

the big question is when will the 126660 be released?, and whether improvements will carry over.

tommikeson

24/10/14
How hard is it to get a gen crystal for this? I've never looked in to buying one and I just picked this up. I'm pretty happy, buy I would like the crystal height to be correct.

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Wow. That close up really shows how much better looking then gen actually is. The dial and not least the hands are just so much better on the gen. But then again macro shots just expose everything including stuff you’d never notice otherwise.

Last edited:

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
How hard is it to get a gen crystal for this? I've never looked in to buying one and I just picked this up. I'm pretty happy, buy I would like the crystal height to be correct.

I’m not sure the thickness of the crystal is the issue.

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Is the blue colour on the dial as bright as the gen in daylight? Maybe some daylight pics would be great, thanks for the review

prawnboy

10/8/13
Asia
Crystal is way too high .
​Any expert here know where can I get a lower crystal?

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Crystal is way too high .
​Any expert here know where can I get a lower crystal?

When I took a measurement of the crystal last time I had my V1 apart it was pretty close to gen from memory.... I could be wrong but I was investigating this issue and wanted to sort it out also. at the same time needed to machine the OGEV ring to align it properly. I think the crystal is around the 5mm mark edge to edge. The ARF crystal also marked really easy for some reason when I pressed it out with nylon dies which should not happen with sapphire, it’s like it had a coating or something. Maybe one of the aftermarket crystals will work

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Any recommendations where I can get a aftermarkert crystal? ?

There’s a few on eBay but not sure of the quality, I might try one some day otherwise try find a gen and you won’t look back. I can’t guarantee that a new crystal will solve the issue. I fear the issue is the OGEV ring sits too high in the case when pressed in against the internal shoulder. If this is the case there is no easy fix for this issue

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
I wonder how hard it would be to shave down the ring.

If crystal thickness is not the issue then maybe a ring would need to go between the shoulder and then that exact ring thickness would need to be machine faced off the back end of the OGEV ring as these measurements are critical to the water proofing of the case. I’d hope it’s just a case of changing the crystal... I’m going to look into this when I get some time as I’d also like to solve the crystal hight issue on mine

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
I can confirm full thickness including the domed hight is 5.5mm. It could even be the case that the convex surface of the rep crystal maybe different giving it a thicker bottom to top outer edge hight