• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen Daytona vs Noob V1-V2 and V2.2 Daytona vs ARF V2 Daytona

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
This Daytona was posted on Facebook and the owner claims it to be Gen. If so, don’t the dials look closer to that of the ARF, on the thin side? I have seen a gen with thicker dials. Is it likely that there are 2 dial variations regarding sundial thickness??

https://ibb.co/89Rs1fP

Definitely not a Gen. Maybe an older ARF version with those long pushers.

MadWatcher

Known Member
20/3/19
I don’t even think that’s an ARF. It’s probably some even lower quality brand. The dial is not even centred. It’s definitely fake though because of the pinion holes for the hands.

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
I don’t even think that’s an ARF. It’s probably some even lower quality brand. The dial is not even centred. It’s definitely fake though because of the pinion holes for the hands.

And to me the minute hand is not the correct one.

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18

Both ARF and Noob have made different, lower quality versions of the Daytona in the past.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
ARF bezel is better than CF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based​​​​​ on what? That's one thing to state your opinion, another one to state things as facts without any argument

Reactions: 2841

lmagg00

30/3/18
CONUS
Based​​​​​ on what? That's one thing to state your opinion, another one to state things as facts without any argument

It’s a fact and also my opinion. So, I wrote it exactly how I meant it :)

Read a bit more on the CF bezel on the forum and maybe you’ll be less aggressive.

I’ve seen both the bezels in person and ARF is superior. A colleague has a gen 116500 and I have a gen 116520.

Engraving on CF is deeper than gen and the platinum color is lighter than gen while ARF is closer although not perfect. Both these facts have been talked about here on RWI already.

If you want the best rep bezel, get the ARF and send it to Spongebob for his platinum paint mod. Although it’s not really necessary unless you’re OCD.

Since you seem to know so much about Daytona bezels, let’s hear your arguments as to why is the CF better than the ARF in your opinion since you haven’t really made any till now.

Last edited:

dashing

Dashing Around
20/5/18
Metroville
I’ve seen both the bezels in person and ARF is superior. A colleague has a gen 116500 and I have a gen 116520.

Engraving on CF is deeper than gen and the platinum color is lighter than gen while ARF is closer although not perfect. Both these facts have been talked about here on RWI already.

If you want the best rep bezel, get the ARF and send it to Spongebob for his platinum paint mod. Although it’s not really necessary unless you’re OCD.

Cool opinion, appreciate that.

Read a bit more on the CF bezel on the forum and maybe you’ll be less aggressive.

Since you seem to know so much about Daytona bezels, let’s hear your arguments as to why is the CF better than the ARF in your opinion since you haven’t really made any till now.

TBH, I thought Tobel asked a valid question, and this is more passive aggressive than it needs to be.

After all, since it is also your opinion, it would be nice to have shared why you'd think so rather than just make a statement and let the rest of us wonder what is the basis of it.

Reactions: Tobel

Digital.

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/7/15
the platinum color is lighter than gen while ARF is closer although not perfect. Both these facts have been talked about here on RWI already.

I agree with some of what you say although i have more than one of each bezel and the Arf is always lighter in colour.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17

Please read my posts again, I never said that you were wrong or that I knew better, I said that the CF looked quite good and asked what you were basing your comment on. So there is no point answering with arrogance, and I did not pretend to be more knowledgeable than you.

You have good knowledge about Daytonas and bezels? Great, share it. There's too many noobs who just formulate things the way you did without any actual intel and that's detrimental to the community. Your opinion seems based on real experience, why not say it instead of just "x is better than z"?

Now unless I missed a diffrerent thread, I had read the CF daytona Bezel thread - like I do with almost all threads here - and I checked again, there is absolutely no consensus on CF Vs. ARF, just a couple of opinions. So no, you are not stating facts, you just have a well educated opinion. I'm not in favour of any insert, I read that the CF has indeed deeper engraving. If I recall however the ARF has a misaligned 120 marker, doesn't it?

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
I agree with some of what you say although i have more than one of each bezel and the Arf is always lighter in colour.

maybe a spongebob or similar paint on the ARF is the way? I'm asking because I'm ready to pull the trigger on an ARF donor watch and asking mysefl if is the case to take only the CF bezel.
To me the deeper engravings are a tell, but don't know if on the wrist they are a problem.
With a donor watch I could also make a dial swap, but there are more opinion on that, maybe with the last v2.2 dial from noob is not worth doing the swap...

Kaloc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/18
Ok guys let’s put aside the fact that the color is different, I ordered the CF Bezel and own ARF’s one. I have several ARF and the 60 and 120 markers are indeed not perfectly aligned. The « UNITS PER HOUR » is a bit narrower than gen for me when I’m comparing it to pictures, but I don’t own gen so it’s subjective.

Something I’ve noticed on ARF bezel’s markers is that the engravings have sharp edges comparing to gen that have a slight rounding.

The color can be changed, people have already done that. There are people that does platinum plating on the forum.

lmagg00

30/3/18
CONUS
ARF’s can have the 120 issue but not all. It’s a batch/QC issue.
The sharp edges are beveled when you send it to spongebob or even USD. So, that should get fixed easily.
The problem is that the deeper engravings are not fixable - but hey no one can see through that unless they’ve seen the gen a few times.

gianttg

Renowned Member
11/4/15
noone will noticed bezel engraving on the wrist

perhaps 20x zoom is meant to be

I stay obb noob v2.2, it good enough

change to arf or cf, for my 2 cent it OCD

Kaloc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/18
ARF’s can have the 120 issue but not all. It’s a batch/QC issue.
The sharp edges are beveled when you send it to spongebob or even USD. So, that should get fixed easily.
The problem is that the deeper engravings are not fixable - but hey no one can see through that unless they’ve seen the gen a few times.

Have you ever sent your ARF bezel to Spongebob? If yes any pics?

I know that markers are beveled on the 116610 ceramic bezel. Never heard of that on a daytona's one