• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen Daytona vs Noob V1-V2 and V2.2 Daytona vs ARF V2 Daytona

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
Here are are my three, plus a gen gold for comparison:

IMG_4596_zpsri9exonx.jpg

B5F5B58D-094E-43BF-A86F-64A7DF275441_zpsnxv0ix4c.jpeg

C3614F23-C2D4-4A47-8185-05BC9A310A36_zpstibzvlxw.jpeg

D29D1B90-2B5B-4530-B84E-2F3A8732FE14_zpsfwecic12.jpeg

HotNHorny

Known Member
21/7/19
Pop your bezel off (116500) and align it, looks like the guy who installed it turned up to work drunk :) . Can you post more pictures of the 116519

Both of them actually looks like it’s misaligned. Opposite directions ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sorry

Looking Around
18/8/19
Thanks for the great information. I have ordered a 116500 panda from Noob.

karter01

Horology Curious
15/7/19
Is it worth doing the Molotow paint mod to the noob V2’s or is the bezel color close/bright enough to gen?

haggle_

Known Member
29/6/18
No mods required but it isn’t as forgiving as a steel bezel, so be careful otherwise you’ll snap it

1) Where do I buy an extra arf bezel?
2) Are there any instructions on how to replace the bezel?

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
I'm doing a bit of work on my 116500 White Noob v2.2.

I got the new Clean factory bezel on the way, and i was thinking about switching out the bracelet for the ARF. And here it gets a bit tricky for me.... i've read a lot of treads on people both having bad luck with SEL fits, and people having no problems at all. My stock endlinks are perfect on 6 side, but has a tiny gap on 12 side.

So.... Let me hear from the people who swapped the bracelet. Is there really a big difference in quality on the actual bracelet? Mine feels smooth after a cleaning and spa treatment, but does appear a bit sharp on the edges. And what are your experiences with the SEL

Trying hard to figure out if i should get the whole ARF bracelet or just the clasp.

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
1) Where do I buy an extra arf bezel?
2) Are there any instructions on how to replace the bezel?

You can not buy an extra ARF bezel as ARF stopped selling individual bezels months ago.

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
I'm doing a bit of work on my 116500 White Noob v2.2.

Trying hard to figure out if i should get the whole ARF bracelet or just the clasp.

ARF and Noob endlinks do not fit each other very well, if at all. That's why people just replace the clasp.

HotNHorny

Known Member
21/7/19
ARF and Noob endlinks do not fit each other very well, if at all. That's why people just replace the clasp.

I thought people replace the NOOB SEL with ARF one and it is interchangeable

Kaloc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/18
I thought people replace the NOOB SEL with ARF one and it is interchangeable

You can but it requires a bracelet puller, a tool which is not cheap..

HotNHorny

Known Member
21/7/19

Wait what? It’s not a simple change as if you were changing the bracelet? I’m confused now

HotNHorny

Known Member
21/7/19

I saw someone disassembly the SEL from the body of a genuine Daytona so he could polish it. He did use what seems to be a very very simple too to pull the springs down so he could remove the SEL. It seems like a needle can even do the job or some sort of pin.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
I saw someone disassembly the SEL from the body of a genuine Daytona so he could polish it. He did use what seems to be a very very simple too to pull the springs down so he could remove the SEL. It seems like a needle can even do the job or some sort of pin.

You are talking about taking the bracelet off with a Spring Bar tool, this has nothing to do with changing SEL on a bracelet

HotNHorny

Known Member
21/7/19
You are talking about taking the bracelet off with a Spring Bar tool, this has nothing to do with changing SEL on a bracelet

Confused now. I thought the SEL is the last part/link of the bracelet that attaches directly to the watch which can easily be removed using pins and compressing the springs.

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
Confused now. I thought the SEL is the last part/link of the bracelet that attaches directly to the watch which can easily be removed using pins and compressing the springs.

Yes, on the watch side. But the problem with ARF bracelet seems to be that the SEL on it is not fitting well on noob case.
some people, as you said, swapped the SEL from Arf bracelet with the one from noob bracelet. But is a huge work because the SEL (sold end link) is the last part of the bracelet and need a special tool to separate it from the rest of the bracelet.

Last edited:

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA

What’s your take on the quality difference between the two?

HotNHorny

Known Member
21/7/19
Did you try just switching the entire bracelet between ARF and NOOB bracelet? All the way from where it connects to the watch body?

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
Did you try just switching the entire bracelet between ARF and NOOB bracelet? All the way from where it connects to the watch body?

Sel's are the problem, swapping all links + clasp except sel's is very easy