• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen Daytona vs Noob V1-V2 and V2.2 Daytona vs ARF V2 Daytona

CharmCitySummer

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/6/19
Seems like getting a Noob Daytona in white or black is very tough these days. I ordered one about 2 weeks ago. They said that due to raid that there is no stock, but they should be resuming operations soon.

Do you all have any insight as to how long I will be waiting here? If this takes 4 weeks that's fine, but I don't want to go much further out than that. Anyone on here heard anything about how long until operations are back up and running?

kameelperd

30/4/19
Quick question!

I never handled ARF Daytona before my recent purchase, but is it normal for pusher doesn't click like Noob one?

I know ARF has faux chrono function but thought pusher at least click...

I can confirm mine does click.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
This is an absolute awesome guide :)

I've been following the forum for a while and i'm overwhelmed by the level of knowledge you guys have about watches.

I have a couple of Gen Tag Heuers and i decided about 6 months ago that i wanted a Daytona 116500 Panda. I got signed up at my local AD i Mexico (I live in Cancun and Miami) but it's gonna be at least 6-12 months before i can get my hands on a Gen.

This is when i started thinking about a rep. for 2 reasons. 1. I can't wear a Gen in Mexico and 2. Having a rep you can beat up in certain situations, like playing sports and so on would ease my mind.

I hope you can help me with a couple of questions. I've decided on a Noob, based on the info i could find here, and i'm thinking that is the best out of the box watch i can get.

1. Does anyone have a watchmaker contact in Miami where i could get it serviced (From what i understand, they need an initial service to run smooth and make sure its waterproof)

2. Have anyone baought the box and papers for the watch (Is it worth it?) https://www.intime04.co/watch-box/5711-rolex-box-and-papers-new-version-1-1-best-edition.html

3. TD, i've sent a mail to Ryan at intime, requesting a Panda. From what i can see most people recommend either him or Puretime. Anyone have any recent bad experiences with either of them?

4. And lastly, payment, from what i understand i should only use either Paypal or Credit Card through a TD and never on the website?

Thanks in advance and i hope you will help me with QC when i get a bit further in the process :)

Regards John

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Hi 2841 welcome to the game. To answer some of your questions:

- don't buy the box and papers, that's useless
- both Intime and Puretime are great. Intime is my go to TD but you can't go wrong with either of them
- no TD will allow you to use PayPal until you have built a relationship with them by buying a few watches. Too much problems for them. You can check whether they accept western Union so that you don't need to use your credit card

And finally if you can get a gen in 6 to 12 months jump at it, it's a very short time!

Good luck

​​​

Foxxfire

FoX, the Patron
20/1/17
EU / CH
(...) i decided about 6 months ago that i wanted a Daytona 116500 Panda. I got signed up at my local AD i Mexico (I live in Cancun and Miami) but it's gonna be at least 6-12 months before i can get my hands on a Gen.
(...)

Hey Jonny,
<1a for a brand new GEN Daytona is an unbelievable short time... WOW!

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Thanks for the respons guys :)

Luckily i have a good relationship with the AD here in town and being a tourist town in Mexico, i don't think they have to many people signed up on lists, but yeah, i'm gonna jump on it the minute i can :)

By the way, this is Ryans mail right? [email protected] or did i find an old one

Digital.

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/7/15
This is an absolute awesome guide :)

I've been following the forum for a while and i'm overwhelmed by the level of knowledge you guys have about watches.

I have a couple of Gen Tag Heuers and i decided about 6 months ago that i wanted a Daytona 116500 Panda. I got signed up at my local AD i Mexico (I live in Cancun and Miami) but it's gonna be at least 6-12 months before i can get my hands on a Gen.

This is when i started thinking about a rep. for 2 reasons. 1. I can't wear a Gen in Mexico and 2. Having a rep you can beat up in certain situations, like playing sports and so on would ease my mind.

I hope you can help me with a couple of questions. I've decided on a Noob, based on the info i could find here, and i'm thinking that is the best out of the box watch i can get.

1. Does anyone have a watchmaker contact in Miami where i could get it serviced (From what i understand, they need an initial service to run smooth and make sure its waterproof)

2. Have anyone baought the box and papers for the watch (Is it worth it?) https://www.intime04.co/watch-box/5711-rolex-box-and-papers-new-version-1-1-best-edition.html

3. TD, i've sent a mail to Ryan at intime, requesting a Panda. From what i can see most people recommend either him or Puretime. Anyone have any recent bad experiences with either of them?

4. And lastly, payment, from what i understand i should only use either Paypal or Credit Card through a TD and never on the website?

Thanks in advance and i hope you will help me with QC when i get a bit further in the process :)

Regards John

Can't help out with the service in Miami, but you're correct it is a good idea.

The only people that need fake papers for a rep Rolex are scammers, if you intend to scam someone you will probably find them useful if not print yourself off a nice certificate on Microsoft word.

Noob is shut at the moment so I'd hold off sending payment just yet. They'll happily take your money but they don't have any Daytonas until things start up again.

Don't give your credit card details to random people in China. Use Bitcoin. With Puretime you'll get an 8% discount as well

Reactions: Mixcoast

Foxxfire

FoX, the Patron
20/1/17
EU / CH
(...)
Noob is shut at the moment so I'd hold off sending payment just yet. They'll happily take your money but they don't have any Daytonas until things start up again.
Don't give your credit card details to random people in China. Use Bitcoin. With Puretime you'll get an 8% discount as well

Thanks, that's a good idea.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
The box was mostly for storage, i have the original boxes for my other watches as well, but i see your point.

Yeah i did read that in one of the other treads that Noob got raided. Either way, i didn't get any response from Ryan on the email i've sent the other day, maybe i should give puretime a go instead.

By the way, did any of you try this? Putting a Jubilee 63600 on a Daytona, to me it looks absolutely stunning. And i'm thinking it would be possible just to buy the bracelet form ARF of Noob?
search
https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C...xzMWLiho6LhRM:

Last edited:

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/12/15
That has been done many times by members of the forum. You can source for the jubilee bracelet directly from any of the TDs.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
You can get the ARF or BP super jubilee from any TD. I just ordered mine :)

That sounds good :) Did you get the 63600? Lets see some pics when you receive it

Ryan is not responding and Jennifer from Puretime told me that Noob is on vacation and it’s gonna take 1-2 weeks before they get new stock

Last edited:

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Reactions: freediver