• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen Daytona vs Noob V1-V2 and V2.2 Daytona vs ARF V2 Daytona

Kaloc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/18
Make a post in the sales section, not this thread. 1 item per post unless you're supporter.

Mind doing a comparison with your Noob when it arrives? How much did you pay for each?
How do they work? Like the ARF?

He bought a GMF, it’s like 458$ on Puretime with a non slimmed working chrono 7750

CharmCitySummer

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/6/19
Sorry for the multiple posts. This site is not easy to use on a mobile.

They appear ear to be GMFs. The chronos work great and they keep time well. Bought them new here in NYC. They did not have noobs or arfs. Just these and they look great but I want a Noob, of course.

I will in the for sale section once I qualify. Thanks for the tips guys.

Dtime98

6/6/19
Ok this story with puretime now keeps getting stranger by the minute. I ordered June 5th. They come back days later to stay no stock and will get more in 1-2 weeks. Another user somehow gets QC pics after me and now when I emailed puretime asking for update they just said “noob is taking a break and no idea when stock will be back” wtf?

yes I ordered from correct website as I talked with the TD on here who provided the links. I’ve been talking with Elena at puretime via email. At this point I’ll just take a refund. Process got too fishy for my liking. They going to sit on my cash for a month meanwhile Never put an out of stock sign up and even right now still shows u can buy it on the site even tho they just said “no idea when it’s back” we’ll if they don’t know then I surely don’t! Pissed.

Kaloc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/18
Ok this story with puretime now keeps getting stranger by the minute. I ordered June 5th. They come back days later to stay no stock and will get more in 1-2 weeks. Another user somehow gets QC pics after me and now when I emailed puretime asking for update they just said “noob is taking a break and no idea when stock will be back” wtf?

yes I ordered from correct website as I talked with the TD on here who provided the links. I’ve been talking with Elena at puretime via email. At this point I’ll just take a refund. Process got too fishy for my liking. They going to sit on my cash for a month meanwhile Never put an out of stock sign up and even right now still shows u can buy it on the site even tho they just said “no idea when it’s back” we’ll if they don’t know then I surely don’t! Pissed.

Dude calm down, they are not TD for nothing. Do some reading on the forum, this hobby need patience

Dtime98

6/6/19
Dude calm down, they are not TD for nothing. Do some reading on the forum, this hobby need patience[/

ok so instead of taking a 1 month interest free loan on my payment why not just put on the website “noob is taking a break, order processing unknown at this time” instead of accepting transactions for products they currently have “no idea” about. That’s my point and totally reasonable.

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
ok so instead of taking a 1 month interest free loan on my payment why not just put on the website “noob is taking a break, order processing unknown at this time” instead of accepting transactions for products they currently have “no idea” about. That’s my point and totally reasonable.

Sorry, but your situation is not uncommon in this process, and it's been this way for years.

The quote below is from 8 years ago...

Contrary to common belief watch factories are not the size of Western factories used by companies like GM or Ford.
They are in the main very low key small units usually in a mystery location with no outwardly visual indication of being a factory at all.

These small units are generally only only assembly points and most of the parts arrive from various manufacturer's to be assembled into a watch.

These components will undoubtedly vary in quality from shipment to shipment and the assemblers will use substitute parts if the original spec ones are not available.

This of course causes frustration from dealers down to customers but unfortunately it is something no dealer has any control over and 9 times out of 10 is unaware of the substitution being made

It is not an exact science and to expect it to be will only bring disappointment in most cases

Dealers can only supply what the factories currently have to offer so unless they are holding stock there will in most cases be variation from the original samples

Deliveries from factories are notoriously hit and miss with no real dateline so when a watch is announced and is coming in the next 10 days don't be surprised if in 60 days it's still not released chances are the factory were only testing the water when they said 10 days and production never started until they had enough orders to make it worth while.

Last edited:

soupy

Horology Curious
2/6/19
I actually got corner SEL gaps on mine that are actually a bit worse than that. It seems to be a common issue with Noob cases now. I'm too impatient to wait for another one and I will probably replace the bracelet with a jubilee. It seems lately Noob QC is just not great.

Maybe just the cheep spring bars. Some members have replaced them with better parts and got good results.

Having reviewed many QC pictures, sadly, I would have to agree.

Thanks for the reassurances. After getting some updated QC photos where the bezel got cleaned up and some more angles of the SEL fit to the case lugs, I went ahead and accepted knowing that it could be a while before they can get additional stock and the odds of it being the same or worse are probably much higher than the odds of it being a better example. Oh well, not like these things are hard to resell and there'll likely be a V3 in the near future.

Last edited:

Dtime98

6/6/19
Guess I’m waiting then. Just didn’t like the lack of trans parity about the stock and then another user getting QC pics after they ordered later than I did. Still don’t see the logic in that, but I suppose my expectations were too high in the process

kopite81

2/12/18
e23a6e7564812a915e501892a2c1059b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Shes a TD - i can’t remember which one its under...truetime or trustytime (not to be confused with Andrew who has lost his TD status on Rwi)

Lucy is Truetime. You can find her contact details in the TD section. She doesn't have a website, only email

fillintheblank

Known Member
6/8/16
Dude calm down, they are not TD for nothing. Do some reading on the forum, this hobby need patience[/

Interest free loan...

Give me a break man. I'll bet you're a real fun person to hang out with at parties.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

lmagg00

30/3/18
CONUS
I had placed the order with Mary and I'm waiting too. She said no production in the last 10 days.

Seems like there is going to be a v2.3 - I hope they don't mess up anything this time.

Last edited:

Vacco

22/5/19
I didn’t know there was a v2 version

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met RWI

fillintheblank

Known Member
6/8/16
Last week while in Bangkok, I stopped by M&M in MBK plaza and picked up an ARF for $500$.

The watch smith at the shop next door changed the bracelet from my newly acquired ARF to my noob v2.2 for about US$3.

Unfortunately he was unable to do the bezel.

Meanwhile, after returning to Saigon, I had to head to Hoi An for a business trip. Thus I was unable to stop by my local watch smith Minh Quy, before leaving.

Luckily my driver knew the place so he dropped off both of the watches after taking me to the airport.

Word is that when I get back in 3 days they'll have it all sorted out.

Now, if I could just find someone to sort out the dial troubles I'd be all set.

Added some cool Hoi An pics for fun...
2ff4aacfdb7713c241b0740f8785c2cf.jpg
38dce7cc2a0d6b9ef769e87c0ad82fbc.jpg
8e9ec187ea772da033986a46c79f053d.jpg
163a66f9366ee83255afe75e4bae7e37.jpg
92ee76c72f9a78c5d6e5ac14c2cf3382.jpg

Reactions: Arch245 and Pdatoon

lmagg00

30/3/18
CONUS
Last week while in Bangkok, I stopped by M&M in MBK plaza and picked up an ARF for $500$.

The watch smith at the shop next door changed the bracelet from my newly acquired ARF to my noob v2.2 for about US$3.

Meanwhile, after returning to Saigon, I had to head to Hoi An for a business trip. Thus I was unable to stop by my local watch smith Minh Quy, before leaving.

Luckily my driver knew the place so he dropped off both of the watches after taking me to the airport.

Did the guy swap the end links or a simple bracelet swap? A simple swap wouldnt give a good SEL fitment.

persico

7/12/18
Italy, Rome
this is my daytona noob latest clone 4130 arrived today what do you think about?
d9359298ba60b130e124cff447ea10bf.jpg

7633871ae567047c398a8aa8d1a198bc.jpg

1f6a8d53852f02551b97a1cff0303c1a.jpg

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Pdatoon

Renowned Member
2/2/19

Hoi an is beautiful :)

spacedinvader

Known Member
1/8/18
Did the guy swap the end links or a simple bracelet swap? A simple swap wouldnt give a good SEL fitment.

I've read this kind of thing a few times but much to my surprise my experience has been quite different. I fitted one end of my arf bracelet to my noob and it fitted in the same way. I only tried one end, just to test it though. Either way it the SEL fitment was quite good. Also I can't see any difference between either bracelet, which is why I didn't actually fully fit the arf to the noob. The clasp codes are different though.