• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen Daytona vs Noob V1-V2 and V2.2 Daytona vs ARF V2 Daytona

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Puretime sends me an email saying the 116500 Daytona is “hot sale” and out of stock for 2 weeks. I ordered June 5th. Didn’t know these things were that hard to get? Thought I read these were readily avail right now. Guess I’ll have it in a month geez oh well. Will post up the QC pics when I get them. I’m a first time buyer so not even sure what I could possibly point out. Thanks

The Noob 116500 White Panda has been in high demand since it was released about a year ago, and has frequently been "out of stock".

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
I was lucky to order one and get QC photos just before the video become a viral - now Noob it is working with less care to make as much Daytonas through the doors as possible;)

The quality of the Noobs seems to vary greatly, so buyers should study their Q.C. pictures very carefully.

CharmCitySummer

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/6/19
I just tried to order one of these from Intime. Says can't even get one till at least June 20th... Ugh

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
gen rules follow reps too :)

panda is so hard to get nowadays ...

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
I have no use for the chronos either but I got the noob anyways. Because of that, I run the chronos every few days just because I can and it all works :D

If it helps you feel that you are getting your moneys worth, then that's what you should do...

But some believe that it's harder on the clone movement to run the chronograph.

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
I just tried to order one of these from Intime. Says can't even get one till at least June 20th... Ugh

Wait time used to be months. If a new batch is coming out in a week, then you should have a better chance of getting a good one.

Dtime98

6/6/19
Wait time used to be months. If a new batch is coming out in a week, then you should have a better chance of getting a good one.

Im already paid up since June 5th with puretime for a panda Noob 2.2 First experience on a rep watch and TD. So far they answer emails and communicate well which I appreciate so I’m glad I went with them. Said no stock for 1-2 weeks a few days ago. Not too bad a wait time, but then there’s shipping and customs I suppose. Once I have QC pics I’ll post them up for people to help review. Thanks for this helpful rundown.

andyc

Nitimur in vetitum
Certified
4/6/10
My Noob white dial V2.2 arrived a couple of days ago, and I have to say it is one of the best reps I have ever owned - my only challenge is that it is really difficult so see what time it is, which is a a pre-requisite fairly high on my list. It might be because I am colour blind, which doesn't help...... Does anybody else have this struggle??

Reactions: Dtime98

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
My Noob white dial V2.2 arrived a couple of days ago, and I have to say it is one of the best reps I have ever owned - my only challenge is that it is really difficult so see what time it is, which is a a pre-requisite fairly high on my list. It might be because I am colour blind, which doesn't help...... Does anybody else have this struggle??

In the past, some have said that the Black Dial Daytona can be difficult to read at a glance.

Reactions: ginopino

andyc

Nitimur in vetitum
Certified
4/6/10
In the past, some have said that the Black Dial Daytona can be difficult to read at a glance.

I would have thought that the black dial was easier to read at a glance than the white....?

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18

Ive just received a white dial 116520 and your right it's not easy to read the time at a glance

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
Have to admit the same,can be hard to read the time sometimes but it is so beautiful though that i don't mind :)

Last edited:

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Does anyone know if the Datejust coronet is the same as the Daytona coronet by any chance?

bubblegummers

Known Member
15/12/18
Does look a lot brighter than my 116500. Mine is more faded unless I’m in good lighting

The 3 o'clock sundial hand doesn't seem perfectly straight. Mine came like that too. TD was a bit deceiving when they sent qc pics, pics showed chrono in operation so I wasn't able to tell that it wasn't properly aligned.

up2wind

Supporter
Certified
9/6/19
Anyone compared the thickness of the case of a gen and rep? From picture view, the rep seems much thicker in appearance than gen.

Fontaine

Known Member
Gold Patron
13/10/18
Anyone compared the thickness of the case of a gen and rep? From picture view, the rep seems much thicker in appearance than gen.

Not saying you're wrong but seeing as Noob has actually replicated the 4130 movement as well, I'm not sure how or why the case would need to be any thicker than the gen? My Noob certainly isn't a particularly thick watch.

WatchGuy887

29/11/18
I just ordered the 116500 white dial from Lucy too, she has also informed me that noob is out of stock. Luckily, she managed to find an arf dial (no bezel though) so i am excited for the wait. IMO noob v2 with ARF dial will push it to first class rep status. I can live with the bezel but the R O LEX spacing is an instant tell that Im not down with