• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen Daytona vs Noob V1-V2 and V2.2 Daytona vs ARF V2 Daytona

kopite81

2/12/18
I don't understand why you would want to buy ARF when chrono doesn't work - Its like buying a car without the engine!!

Daytona is meant to have working chrono madness - Just my opinion :)

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
I don't understand why you would want to buy ARF when chrono doesn't work - Its like buying a car without the engine!!

I have multiple chronograph watches and I never use the chrono. People just love the look and don't care too much about functionality. :)

Reactions: Pope

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18

alternatively like living in Iceland and paying for the option of air conditioning in a car that's never going to be used - waste of money if your not going to use it

newrepper

13/6/18
Got QC pics of my new 116519. Does the bezel look better than previous noobs to anyone else? Numbers look brighter. But maybe it's just the lighting.

IMG_20190611_222255_zpsilrslxra.jpg

Does look a lot brighter than my 116500. Mine is more faded unless I’m in good lighting

Curt941

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
26/1/11
Does look a lot brighter than my 116500. Mine is more faded unless I’m in good lighting

Thanks. And to clarify, this is a Noob 116519 I posted. I've got a Noob 116500 coming too, but haven't gotten the QC for it yet.

PolonusTM

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/5/10
Probably a transient after effects of the Watchfinder video. Everyone wants a rep now. Must say I was mighty tempted myself, ha..

I was lucky to order one and get QC photos just before the video become a viral - now Noob it is working with less care to make as much Daytonas through the doors as possible;)

LuoIsBoss

I'm Pretty Popular
6/6/17
Scandinavia
I'm ordering a noob 116500LN panda.
Is it worth upgrading dial and bezel to arf? (I can get the parts).
And what mods to be done to make the arf v2 dial fit on the noob v2?

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
I'm ordering a noob 116500LN panda.
Is it worth upgrading dial and bezel to arf? (I can get the parts).
And what mods to be done to make the arf v2 dial fit on the noob v2?

You need to shave the dial a bit with a dremmel. If it’s worth it depends on your own opinion. The bezel is better for sure in my opinion, Dial is debatable. From which TD do you source ARF parts?

Dtime98

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/6/19
I was lucky to order one and get QC photos just before the video become a viral - now Noob it is working with less care to make as much Daytonas through the doors as possible;)

I hope ur just messing with me but as I posted this crossed my mind. Heh.

Dtime98

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/6/19
I’d like to update the bezel and crystal once I get the noob v2.2 in hand, but truthfully I’m very new to the rep game and need some guidance as where to go for these parts. I see eBay offers them, but not sure if any of it is quality. Lastly is changing these parts would probably require skills that I currently do not possess.

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
They are worse than the noob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spacedinvader

Known Member
1/8/18
While we're talking about ARF to noob transplants...Can anyone recommend anyone in the UK (or EU) who can fit my ARF bezel and dial to my noob 116500? Decided not to tackle this one myself having made such a mess of the ARF hands and movement attempting DIY. I've emailed ado213 but no response...anyone else?

Fontaine

Known Member
Gold Patron
13/10/18
While we're talking about ARF to noob transplants...Can anyone recommend anyone in the UK (or EU) who can fit my ARF bezel and dial to my noob 116500? Decided not to tackle this one myself having made such a mess of the ARF hands and movement attempting DIY. I've emailed ado213 but no response...anyone else?
I can recommend ado213 highly as virtually all my watches have been serviced by him but as you can imagine, he's an extremely busy man and it isn't even his main profession!

Not exactly sure where you are in the UK but I remember reading about a rep-friendly place elsewhere on the forum in Hertfordshire, I believe this is the link to them - http://www.rjamesjewellery.co.uk/

Reactions: spacedinvader

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18

The ARF Daytona cost about $500 but with only a partially functioning chronograph. The Sub-dials at 3 and 9 are non-functional.

The Noob Daytona cost about $700 with a fully functioning chronograph.

- So a fully functioning Noob Daytona chronograph will cost about $200 more out of the box, But the Dial, Bezel, and Bracelet quality is not as good as the ARF. The White Noob Panda Dials are okay, but the ARF Black Dials and ARF 116520 Dials are much better than the Noobs.

- You could replace the Dial, Bezel, and Bracelet on the Noob with ARF parts to get that better quality, but the AR Factory has stopped selling individual parts. So if you buy both watches and combine the parts, that fully functioning chronograph Noob with ARF Dial, Bezel, and Bracelet is now about $700 more than the ARF, plus the labor to switch the parts. You could put the Noob parts on the ARF and sell it for maybe $400, but the labor to switch the parts may have cost that much. For this much you could buy a White and a Black Dial ARF and still have about $200 left over.

- The Chinese a7750 movement in the ARF had a bad reputation a couple years ago, but I have been told that the quality has gotten better. It is simpler than the 4130 and likely less expensive to service or repair.

I understand the desire to have the proper 4130 Chinese clone chronograph movement, But is it worth the extra $200 to $700 or more just to have a fully functioning chronograph, that you may or may not ever use? If you truly never use the chronograph, then I believe that the ARF Daytona would be a better choice.

gianttg

Renowned Member
11/4/15
I agree that ARF is way more better on bezel bracelet sel-fitment
also dial is better but not that much nowaday

I go with noob not because the fully function chono
but the physical of case, it thinner also the pusher is correct length

if a4130 is not fully chono I still go to noob cause yeah, pusher length and thickness on noob is the must
So back to ARF if they up date to V3 which is correct the pusher length, I may interested.

preferences vary to people