• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen Daytona vs Noob V1-V2 and V2.2 Daytona vs ARF V2 Daytona

kopite81

2/12/18
There is no such watch as a V2.2 - This is only a definition of a slight tweak in dial that we have named V2.2

When you buy the watch off the TD you will get a V2

Hidenjoy

Renowned Member
8/9/15
Do you think they will update the 116520? I mean the font and typo on noob.

jamilton

3/6/14
Germany
So which one are you going to choose? =)

Finally ARF arrived today!

b36897803ab9cbc4a66ddf1427ae6553.jpg

71975ec1797b054e2f369a347ca5e5d8.jpg

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Reactions: Rolemars

Dtime98

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/6/19
Hi all,

I’m new to this game so please don’t savage me right away, heh

Been doing research last 2 weeks and I have messaged puretime about ordering a 116500LN panda version I guess everyone is calling it as per the above comparisons. Noob version. I’m looking to order the V2.2, but should I actually be waiting for a next update on this design or do you think I should pull the trigger? What is the typical life cycle on these updates about a year b4 the latest and greatest hit?

Appreciate it. Thank you.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Hi all,

I’m new to this game so please don’t savage me right away, heh

Been doing research last 2 weeks and I have messaged puretime about ordering a 116500LN panda version I guess everyone is calling it as per the above comparisons. Noob version. I’m looking to order the V2.2, but should I actually be waiting for a next update on this design or do you think I should pull the trigger? What is the typical life cycle on these updates about a year b4 the latest and greatest hit?

Appreciate it. Thank you.

There's no rule mate, impossible to tell. You should buy a watch when you want it. Even if there was an update coming, it wouldn't necessarily mean that it would be an improvement. Sometimes new versions are worse than the previous ones.

Reactions: sniffti and Dtime98

Dtime98

6/6/19
Thank you for the reply. One last question if you don’t mind. Puretime sales team sent me a link to order from their website and provided a direct link. Are credit cards safe in general or should I be using some other form of payment. I’ve seen some back n forth on this subject.

Just for fun a little back history on my watches I do own a genuine Rolex Date just, a Christopher Ward Trident pro 600 MK3 dive watch, and a Torneau seapearl. I have the financial capacity to buy a genuine Daytona, but it just doesn’t make sense anymore. The value on a used date just is totally logical to me. The value on a used Daytona now seems like a massive unnecessary premium when compared to these replicas. To each their own, but I’d rather throw that kind of money (15k+) into home renovations b4 I drop it on one of those. Especially after seeing posts comparing the gen vs what they offer now. It really is 90% of it.

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
Thank you for the reply. One last question if you don’t mind. Puretime sales team sent me a link to order from their website and provided a direct link. Are credit cards safe in general or should I be using some other form of payment. I’ve seen some back n forth on this subject.

Just for fun a little back history on my watches I do own a genuine Rolex Date just, a Christopher Ward Trident pro 600 MK3 dive watch, and a Torneau seapearl. I have the financial capacity to buy a genuine Daytona, but it just doesn’t make sense anymore. The value on a used date just is totally logical to me. The value on a used Daytona now seems like a massive unnecessary premium when compared to these replicas. To each their own, but I’d rather throw that kind of money (15k+) into home renovations b4 I drop it on one of those. Especially after seeing posts comparing the gen vs what they offer now. It really is 90% of it.

If your local drug dealer said he takes CC for the coke you're buying, would you let him run off for 5 minutes with your creditcard and then come back with it to you "yup its charged"?

Akuwes710

27/9/15
If your local drug dealer said he takes CC for the coke you're buying, would you let him run off for 5 minutes with your creditcard and then come back with it to you "yup its charged"?
I wouldnt compare puretime to a local drug dealer... More like a.. International Trusted Drug Dealer lol

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
I wouldnt compare puretime to a local drug dealer... More like a.. International Trusted Drug Dealer lol

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Lol true, but fact of the matter is that these payments are manually processed with your details just being submitted via a non-secure form. If you absolutely must use CC then definitely don't use your 'regular' card but a one-time card number instead.

Reactions: Nur-Uhr

Foxxfire

FoX, the Patron
20/1/17
EU / CH
Thank you for the reply. One last question if you don’t mind. Puretime sales team sent me a link to order from their website and provided a direct link. Are credit cards safe in general or should I be using some other form of payment. I’ve seen some back n forth on this subject.(...)

CC is safe!

Reactions: Dtime98

jamilton

3/6/14
Germany
Nice, but the pushers need to be shaved down..

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Yes, also for me is a tell the matt canon pinions of the subdials compared with the more shiny / better finished of the gen. Is there any mod for that?

lmagg00

30/3/18
CONUS
Have read a ton of material but still not sure if ARF v2 Dial is still better than the updated and improved Noob v2.2.
Can anyone shed some light on this?

I’m particularly looking at the white 116500 Dial.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Pope

15/2/19
I recently read quite a few posts of Daytona ARF owners complaining about the paint of the number on the bezel flaking away, are they unlucky or is this common? And how does this compare to the Noob bezel, is it more durable?

ssouthall6

10/10/13
Have read a ton of material but still not sure if ARF v2 Dial is still better than the updated and improved Noob v2.2.
Can anyone shed some light on this?

I’m particularly looking at the white 116500 Dial.

Thanks

It's miles better

Reactions: lmagg00

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Ohhh that's great! =) upload more pics please =) I'll be ordering another color hehehe

This counters are more fat than my ARF V2.

can anyone tell me if arf has updated the dial and the counters?